Michael Olise | Joins Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'd need Martial/Mount level wages considering what he's on currently.

Seeing as Varane and Martial are gone and we’re saving £600K a week on those two alone not to mention the money saved from Sancho, Greenwood and VDB which would be another £600K a week giving Williams around £250K a week shouldn’t be a problem.

Seeing as Varane and Martial are gone and we’re saving £600K a week on those two alone not to mention the money saved from Sancho, Greenwood and VDB which would be another £600K a week giving Williams around £250K a week shouldn’t be a problem.
You're forgetting we're not going to have CL income next season, budgets will mirror that drop.

Rejecting Chelsea twice does put a smile on my face
We rejected him first. It's 2-1 to Olise now.

Kinda funny/utterly depressing that two main men for Bayern Munich are Chelsea academy boys who never actually played for us.

Get your own academy Bayern!

Seriously though, hope he smashes it there.

Lets go

Is Olise more of a dribbler like Coman or a shooter like Sane

I will like another goalscoring outlet besides Kane

There are rumors that Gnabry and Coman are available
Gnabry has been a crock this past season but he has always been a reliable goalscorer for the past 6 seasons and we need to replace those goals. I would prefer to lose 1. Coman and Sane

Bayern adjusting to the market realities and opening up their purse strings these last few windows has been interesting to watch

Lets go

Is Olise more of a dribbler like Coman or a shooter like Sane

I will like another goalscoring outlet besides Kane

He's a wide playmaker that can dribble. Not necessarily a good fit with Kane IMO who needs runners around him which Olise isn't.

Yes and the club are losing out on the competition prize money and also a drop in ticket sales due to being in the EL and match day revenue.
Prize money sure, but we’ll sell more tickets this year for the Europa than for 3 CL home games last year. OT will be likely be sold out regardless and there’s like to be far more than 3 games.

We would never touched 220 a week on salary without performance at our club first.

I was really looking forward to Olise. Can’t say that pairing the other side of Musiala doesn’t make a lot of sense though.

Hope ge stays healthier.

Manage his injuries and he will be grand. That would be the only thing to worry me. The quality is clear.

He's a wide playmaker that can dribble. Not necessarily a good fit with Kane IMO who needs runners around him which Olise isn't.
Neither was Son a runner and he still flourished with him

He'll create plenty for Kane

Olise and Musiala both like to end up in the same central spaces. With Palmer we could use this to our advantage because they could switch out central or to the right and throw defenses off. Musiala and Olise will be coming from opposite sides to meet in the middle. He’s nothing like a Sane, Gnabry or Coman to me. So it will be interesting.

Need to emphasize that, like Musiala, Olise is an incredibly adaptive and intelligent player, so I’m sure they’ll find a style that works.

For me Williams should be brought in with Sancho departing and Amad should be given a proper crack at that RWF role. Williams is someone that has ability that we just don't have in the team in wide areas. I wrote the post below a while back and for anyone that watched the Spain v Italy game, Williams demonstrated what I was talking about in the post below.

I agree on that. Sancho out and with Williams incoming would be an upgrade. His two footedness, ability to dribble and still engage in link up play is impressive. He's also fast and athletic, again something we don't have in abundance in wide areas. Given his lowish release clause, this seems like a no brainer if Olise is off the table. However there has been no hint that we are considering him, it seems only Arsenal & Barca have been linked with him.

Why would he join United to sit on the bench watching Antony start over him? He's made the right choice

I agree on that. Sancho out and with Williams incoming would be an upgrade. His two footedness, ability to dribble and still engage in link up play is impressive. He's also fast and athletic, again something we don't have in abundance in wide areas. Given his lowish release clause, this seems like a no brainer if Olise is off the table. However there has been no hint that we are considering him, it seems only Arsenal & Barca have been linked with him.
It made a lot more sense to target Williams than it would've done to sign Olise imo. Having a wide forward with the explosiveness of Williams who can create chaos from nothing for the opponent is something we lack. Olise is not that type of player and with our weaknesses at RCB and deeper midfield it made very little sense to prioritise a £60m wide forward whose game is mostly about coming inside and connecting and combining with team mates. But when the RB, RCB and deeper midfield dynamic is incomplete, it doesn't make any sense to sign Olise.

Controlling the game begins and ends from the deeper areas of the pitch and we just don't have the players as a group to raise the level technically to have that stability and control. Hence it made very little sense to sign another player who wants to come inside to connect and combine when that dynamic doesn't exist at a high enough level from the deeper areas (CBs, deeper mid) of the pitch. And for me it's those areas of the pitch that have the biggest potential as far as propelling us to a higher level as a team and thus providing a platform for the existing attackers to be even more effective.

It seems we didn't even get involved in signing the player and I think that was the correct decision.

He would have been more time out than in at United and we can’t afford that. We need robust players that are always available, otherwise we are playing duds and dropping points.

Was commenting moreso on his reported wages than fee but you guys are definitely more willing to cough up large fees these days.

Bayern has been paying huge salary for ages now. Probably after Kroos or maybe even before that.
Transfer fees is something they have generally been reluctant but even then they have still paid out decent sums every now and then. The 100m territory is something they don't like to venture into. But I think that also will change soon as players like Wirtz (mostly Madrid bound) won't come cheap.

I thought there might have been a chance we could have offloaded Sancho to Bayern but that has gone out the window.

Not a big loss, imo. I like players with more pace and power to play on the wings. This guy is decent but I am not sure he'd thrive at RW for us given our style of play. He looks more a central AM than a wide player.

I like Olise but we have other areas that are more important to solve. Also we need to do some offloading of that RW position - we’ve got Sancho and Anthony issues to resolve.

Eze would be a better signing - although both have dubious injury records.

Why would he join United to sit on the bench watching Antony start over him? He's made the right choice
No white text? This Antony shtick doesn't work anymore. He barely played yet started in the second half of the season. If we don't sign a right winger it will be Amad and Garnacho starting there. Antony will be backup in addition to one of Lacey or Mantato although young will be seeing first team bench duties next season. I'm certain of that and both are great right wing prospects although very young. LW will be Rashford/ Garnacho and if Zirkzee signs he'll see a lot of time there too especially if we overload when chasing for a goal. Antony will be solely a back up.

I like Olise but we have other areas that are more important to solve. Also we need to do some offloading of that RW position - we’ve got Sancho and Anthony issues to resolve.

Eze would be a better signing - although both have dubious injury records.
I agree with you on this one. He's a very talented player but we already have multiple wingers who could do a job for us. I'm quite keen to see Amad next season and I'm hopeful he can become a regular starter.

Our defence and striker positions are absolutely vital rather than buying additional attacking talents.

We couldnt afford to spend 55-60M on a RW this window anyway. Our priorities are CB, CM, and CF. The spine of the team.

Who can we get from Bayern on the cheap now Olise is away.

I hope we stir away from Bayern. We never get good deals out of them.

If we're searching for a cheap winger then maybe we should consider Soule. He was amazing on loan at Frosinone and he's available for around 35m. His currently salary is......9k a week. We might even put a swap deal for Jadon in the mix.

We have Sancho, Rashford, Antony, Garnacho, Amad, Pellistri on wings - we need to get rid of some of them who ain't good enough before and then maybe add to this position. But we have gaping holes in the DM and CB and ST roles.

Status
Not open for further replies.