Michael Olise | Joins Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was commenting moreso on his reported wages than fee but you guys are definitely more willing to cough up large fees these days.
Ah, gotcha! But Bayern has had a top 5 wage bill for ages. If you exclude guys like Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar then Bayern is paying more than competitive wages.

I knew that we were not going to sign Olise. We were never in for him i bet.

Jim Ratcliffe being British means he is going to hold on to the best British players he can.

Some of the players that people think are leaving are going nowhere.

Would have had him as one of our main priorities this summer, a winger who can actually create chances as well as contributing goals is something we lack. Great signing for Bayern, glad he's not going elsewhere in the PL.

Injury history
SeasonDaysGames missed
23/2460 days8
22/23135 days13
21/2212 days2
20/212 days1
This is his injury record.

And those two recent injuries are to his hamstring. Now, the second may solely be down to Hodgson stupidity but it could also be an underlying issue with it. It's hard to tell just yet.

And those two recent injuries are to his hamstring. Now, the second may solely be down to Hodgson stupidity but it could also be an underlying issue with it. It's hard to tell just yet.
If the wages he is asking for are correct can understand a lot of PL not wanting to get involved with the financial restrictions in place. Just hope for Bayern that he stays fit. Interesting that more young players want to chance their hands abroad. Wants to get into the French squad I believe so could be a great move for him.

I just saw a highlight compilation of him. Had never seen him before. His game looks like Sané‘s, doesn’t it?

I am glad we didn't go for him. I think he's a great player I'm glad we're not giving out silly wages. I also would like to see Amad given as consistent shot.

Great move for him and Bayern, glad he's not sticking around in the Prem for a rival

Injury history
SeasonDaysGames missed
23/2460 days8
22/23135 days13
21/2212 days2
20/212 days1
This is his injury record.
I don't understand this table. How can they say he only missed 8 games last season when he only played 19 games ? He was injured a lot more than that. Are they taking it by the year and so lumped his injury earlier this season into 2022/23 season as it was technically in 2023?

I don't understand this table. How can they say he only missed 8 games last season when he only played 19 games ? He was injured a lot more than that. Are they taking it by the year and so lumped his injury earlier this season into 2022/23 season as it was technically in 2023?
No idea. This is what it threw up when I asked for his injury record.

No idea. This is what it threw up when I asked for his injury record.
I feel like it's wrong. He was injured for a lot longer than that. He missed half of last season due to injuries. He only played 19 games last season out of which he started only 14. That table presents his injury history like he had problems in the 22/23 and was over it during the 23/24.

I feel like it's wrong. He was injured for a lot longer than that. He missed half of last season due to injuries. He only played 19 games last season out of which he started only 14. That table presents his injury history like he had problems in the 22/23 and was over it during the 23/24.
I was surprised by the number for last season and to be honest did not take much notice of him the season before. He does strike me as an injury risk for the money and wages.

I just saw a highlight compilation of him. Had never seen him before. His game looks like Sané‘s, doesn’t it?
Imo he doesnt look quite as explosive and fast as Sané but more precise regarding passes and shots.
He seems to be an interesting mix of "goal scoring winger" and "playmaking winger".
But thats only down to Youtube Scouting.

I really liked the video by Pythagoras in boots about him:

Think he'll be a good signing for Bayern.

Other teams seem quick and efficient with their transfers whilst we'll probably take a month to agree a fee for Branthwaite.

Glad we didn't go for this one. A bonus that he chose to go outside the Prem too.

He's a fantastic player will slot brilliant into German football, I think the only concern will be the injuries but if he's fit he does excellent.

I knew that we were not going to sign Olise. We were never in for him i bet.

Jim Ratcliffe being British means he is going to hold on to the best British players he can.

Some of the players that people think are leaving are going nowhere.

Ratcliffe is not going to be making footballing decisions. That's been clear for some time now.

However, even if he was, why do you assume he would have a British fetish and keep everyone that's British and only buy British players?

Talented for sure, but just felt like if he came to us he'd be injured too much, and with a huge price tag just woudln't work out.

Talented for sure, but just felt like if he came to us he'd be injured too much, and with a huge price tag just woudln't work out.
45+5 is not a huge price tag and his injury record has been over stated.

Bayern has been paying huge salary for ages now. Probably after Kroos or maybe even before that.
Transfer fees is something they have generally been reluctant but even then they have still paid out decent sums every now and then. The 100m territory is something they don't like to venture into. But I think that also will change soon as players like Wirtz (mostly Madrid bound) won't come cheap.
They were reportedly trying to change things on the wage front though. That was a primary reason they were trying to flog so many players, in some cases players in their relative prime. De Ligt makes 15m a year…

So the fee didn’t surprise me, but the fact they would go to 220 on a very young player with an injury record was surprising. That’s probably easily 100k more a week than we would have gone. Which makes me think they had to go there to get it done.

No thanks. Coman is a sicknote and Gnabry is past his best

Gnabry had a injury troubled season this time but the season before he had 30 g+a. He's always been a bit maligned because he doesn't have the flair of Sane and Coman but he's been the most effective winger at the club during his time there.

Even for Germany he's been quite good. I wouldn't mind him here since I think he's a but underrated. He regularly contributes goals or assists and can play multiple positions (left, ring and behind the striker).

Gnabry had a injury troubled season this time but the season before he had 30 g+a. He's always been a bit maligned because he doesn't have the flair of Sane and Coman but he's been the most effective winger at the club during his time there.

Even for Germany he's been quite good. I wouldn't mind him here since I think he's a but underrated. He regularly contributes goals or assists and can play multiple positions (left, ring and behind the striker).
Gnabry I agree, but the wages would be a sticking point. Coman? No.

Im guessing it’s gonna be

Kimmich Pavlović
Olise Musiala Sane
Kane

That’s a very good and balanced front 6.

I think Kimmich is gone this summer. He has 1 year left and indications are he isn't going to sign a new contract (some reports saying it's not that much about the wages or his role but he feels he's been scapegoated by the board since the vaccination issue in 2021). Bayern are trying their best to get Paulinha so likely it'll be him and Pavlovic in midfield.

I'm not sure if Kimmich will be moved back into midfield soon or if he will stay at RB now.
Kimmich to RB and Palhinha as DM.
I think Kimmich is gone this summer. He has 1 year left and indications are he isn't going to sign a new contract (some reports saying it's not that much about the wages or his role but he feels he's been scapegoated by the board since the vaccination issue in 2021). Bayern are trying their best to get Paulinha so likely it'll be him and Pavlovic in midfield.
Makes sense guys, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.