Michael Olise | Joins Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it hard to believe we were really in the running for him. We need at least 2 centre backs, at least 2 midfielders, a striker and a left back before a RW.

I don’t know about that one. Does he even know how to drive a tractor?

He is a LW no?

Yeah, but between Mudryk/Sterling and Madueke, I’m more confident in Madueke giving me consistent production than the other two. We would need to find a new home for Sterling in this scenario. I’m joking anyway. I don’t think he’s a player Chelsea are after.

There's other areas of that we need to prioritize, and as Ratcliffe has said quite a few times it's not like we have an obscene amount to spend. It's much more important to improve our defense and centre midfield.
Never seen him say that. I thought we had a nice budget

Wonder if Kane and Dier being there tipped the balance. Must be hard going over there as the only English speaker, but if there’s a few…

He’s a French speaker, and Bayern have quite a few of those, no?

Really good signing for them. I can see him doing really well there if he settles.

Not good news for Sane though. Had a mixed season himself (amazing first half but injury effected second) but you can't say he's really shown world class quality over large spells of his time there.

Sucks that we weren't able to sign him, wouldn't been great down our week right position. Atleast it's Bayern though, well get to enjoy him playing here. Massive signing for them.
I highly doubt if Utd have made any attempt to sign him. Did Utd even submit a bid to Palace and talk to the player?

Don’t know much about him. What is he like? Why is he not in the French squad?

„Chelse decided to pull out of the race.“ :lol:
I love a good PR briefing.

PR warfare is part of the game. You know if he chose Chelsea the Bayern PR machine would be putting out hit pieces about his wage demands ;)

Wonder if Kane and Dier being there tipped the balance. Must be hard going over there as the only English speaker, but if there’s a few…
His coach speaks his mother tongue and they have other Frenchmen too so that + the PL players Tuchel brought should make the jump much easier for him

A wide forward was never on the cards

Need a striker, midfielder and at least 2 defenders

Antony is going nowhere

Don’t know much about him. What is he like? Why is he not in the French squad?
Left footed right winger. Good, is what he is. Only issues are injuries. No idea why he’s not in the French squad, but Deschamps is a creature of habit when it comes to player selection it seems.

I find it hard to believe we were really in the running for him. We need at least 2 centre backs, at least 2 midfielders, a striker and a left back before a RW.

We need a RW before everyone of those bar maybe a midfielder. Between Antony, Diallo and Garnacho you don't have nearly enough to compete against the top teams. You could sign prime Van Djik and Ferdinand as the two CBs and the team would still be shit because you have those on the right and Rashford on the left creating nothing.

A wide forward was never on the cards

Need a striker, midfielder and at least 2 defenders

Antony is going nowhere
Sancho/Greenwood could be leaving though so we will need another wide forward. I agree the other 3 positions are more important though.

A french player chosing Bayern? Is that actually surprising?

This reminds me of Raphina a year or two back. Good tehnical player, but in tis case costly too Amad, Garnacho, Lacey to come who can all play there. For the ost Im actually glad we missed out on him.

Think we can get players as talented, more versatile for similar costs,in fat far cheaper transfer fee wise....Also peopleseem to feel we desperately need a rw....Rashford has been garbage for agesbar the 4month spell, not so sure its actually a lW we need and personally I would rather a Williams, Eze, Doue over Olise not thatI dont rate him

I highly doubt if Utd have made any attempt to sign him. Did Utd even submit a bid to Palace and talk to the player?

No. It’s been reported he was interested in joining but RW just isn’t a priority compared to CB and DM for us right now, especially at that price.

He would have had to be fully willing to wait and hope we miss out on some players or make a bunch of sales, and I assume he was instead happy to take Bayerns offer after they triggered the clause.

This reminds me of Raphina a year or two back. Good tehnical player, but in tis case costly too Amad, Garnacho, Lacey to come who can all play there. For the ost Im actually glad we missed out on him.

Think we can get players as talented, more versatile for similar costs,in fat far cheaper transfer fee wise....Also peopleseem to feel we desperately need a rw....Rashford has been garbage for agesbar the 4month spell, not so sure its actually a lW we need and personally I would rather a Williams, Eze, Doue over Olise not thatI dont rate him
Raphinha treated the ball like a hand grenade. He was never that good.

I think Olise is a big miss, but at the same time I rate Amad very highly and think he can get to similar levels with consistent game time.

Sancho/Greenwood could be leaving though so we will need another wide forward. I agree the other 3 positions are more important though.
They could be yeah. But even after that there’s still Amad, Garnacho, Rashford and Antony. That’s two per position. Then Bruno, Mount can play out there too. It was never going to be a position we addressed this summer

So… can I interest you in buying a winger or two? Byern have about 2 or 3 available. They are all on very high wages but some of them are not always injured.

With Olise (imminent), Xavi Simons, Palhinha (both close), Bayern are building something.

Neuer
Kimmich x Upamecano x
Pavlovic Palhinha
Olise Xavi Musiala
Kane
Xavi Simons is going to Bayern? And Palhinha too?

I don't ever want to hear "he's a United fan" again.
We're talking about professionals, who they supported as a kid is the very last thing that might sway their choice but in reality means absolutely feck all.

I don't ever want to hear "he's a United fan" ever again.
We're talking about professionals, who they supported as a kid is the very last thing that might sway their choice but in reality means absolutely feck all.
United didn’t even try to sign him

Good player but not a position we need to strengthen

United didn’t even try to sign him

Good player but not a position we need to strengthen

Disagree between Diallo, Garnacho and Anthony there's not enough goals / assists between them.

None realistically are first team level quality for a team that's expected to at the very least finish top four, United need a more prolific forward.

It will be the same story as next season, no service into Hojlund who had to work off scraps and the team will continue to have a goal deficit.

If United don't sign any wide forwards this season the team will have a poor goal difference again, it's an absolute guarantee.

Status
Not open for further replies.