Michael Olise | Joins Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Left footed right winger. Good, is what he is. Only issues are injuries. No idea why he’s not in the French squad, but Deschamps is a creature of habit when it comes to player selection it seems.
Is he more of a playmaking winger or a goal threat?

Like Bellingham, his dream is to play for united but we are in such a state that they won’t join yet, but they dont want to burn bridges by joining a prem rival. I expect them both to play for us when we are challenging again

Disagree between Diallo, Garnacho and Anthony there's not enough goals / assists between them.

None realistically are first team level quality for a team that's expected to at the very least finish top four, United need a more prolific forward.

It will be the same story as next season, no service into Hojlund who had to work off scraps and the team will continue to have a goal deficit.

If United don't sign any wide forwards this season the team will have a poor goal difference again, it's an absolute guarantee.
Rashford too. I agree there’s a lack of quality but surely you can see there are more urgent positions this summer. Realistically we are only going to sign 3 or 4 first team players. We absolutely need another striker. We need to replace Varane. Then a midfielder and a left back are more important than a wide forward imo

I'm not convinced we wanted a winger anyway.

Despite the strong links with Olise, its clear that our main priorities are a striker, midfielder and centre back. Anything after that would be down to players leaving.

A bit surprised considering as soon as INEOS took sporting control reports came out that Olise was our primary target. I guess we couldn't justify the cost to even try.

Don’t be surprised if we know literally nothing and transfers just come out of nowhere. Ineos might be playing their cards very close to their chest

I'm not convinced we wanted a winger anyway.

Despite the strong links with Olise, its clear that our main priorities are a striker, midfielder and centre back. Anything after that would be down to players leaving.

Yeah and we don't seem able to sell anyone, may as well lock this thread up now

Great for him. Chosen a fantastic club with loads of exciting young attackers. I hope he will get over those hamstring injuries. Cannot imagine he will stay there for more than 3-4 years, so he might come back to the Premier League.

Bayern look quite good. Amazing that they are pinning their hopes on Vincent Kompany.

For me Williams should be brought in with Sancho departing and Amad should be given a proper crack at that RWF role. Williams is someone that has ability that we just don't have in the team in wide areas. I wrote the post below a while back and for anyone that watched the Spain v Italy game, Williams demonstrated what I was talking about in the post below.
Williams has confirmed he only wants to go to Barcelona

Didn't see this coming, thought he would've preferred to remain in England. Bayern are building a good team.

I would question the decision-making ability of any decent player who would join us or Chelsea right now over Bayern.

Is he more of a playmaking winger or a goal threat?

Bit of both really, but he’s not prolific, like a 20 goals a season type. He’s a genuinely brilliant playmaker. You will love him.

Raphinha treated the ball like a hand grenade. He was never that good.

I think Olise is a big miss, but at the same time I rate Amad very highly and think he can get to similar levels with consistent game time.

He has done ok at Barcelonabut notthing special. And I agree he was never THAT good as a lot made out on here....that is pretty much what I avoided saying in my initial post...I rate Olise.....butI dont thinkhe is THAT good, certainly not for £60m odd andit sounds like big wages

Bit of both really, but he’s not prolific, like a 20 goals a season type. He’s a genuinely brilliant playmaker. You will love him.
Sounds as if a front three behind the striker could look like this: Tel - Musiala - Olise

All young and quality.

Sounds as if a front three behind the striker could look like this: Tel - Musiala - Olise

All young and quality.

I was salivating at the prospect of Palmer and Olise together. Musiala and Olise together sounds even more tantalising.

I like the player but ETH confirmed a while back the priority was a center back, striker and probably a midfielder. I think the idea is one in one out. Martial and Varane out so we'll priorities their replacement. If we shift Casemiro then we'll most likely sign a DM. We'll see us do pursue a winger if we manage to shift Sancho and Greenwood and another center back if Lindelof or Maguire leaves. Same would happen at fullback if we shift Awb.

Thanks. Looking forward to seeing him the first time.

To be honest with what we need to bring in I’d be happy having Garnacho and Diallo as the right sided options and bringing in Williams to compete with Rashford for the left, Williams has a £43 million release clause doesn’t he ?

The guy wants to get in the France squad. I think Utd and Chelsea are too unstable at the moment, at Bayern he is guaranteed to to dominate against 90% of the league. He’ll be a shoe in for the French squad I’d imagine.

Good for him if he goes. I wonder would Bayern still want Wirtz. As good as all 3 are i wouldn't think a Musiala, Wirtz, Olise front line would do that well. Especially not with Kane. Would look like a bit of a repeat of this england team.

Good for him if he goes. I wonder would Bayern still want Wirtz. As good as all 3 are i wouldn't think a Musiala, Wirtz, Olise front line would do that well. Especially not with Kane. Would look like a bit of a repeat of this england team.
Wirtz looks destined for Madrid unfortunately, he's Florentino Perez's next obsession next summer by most reports

Williams has confirmed he only wants to go to Barcelona
That's fine. We also have a player coming through the ranks who I believe could reach a high level in the same position in Bendito Mantato. Just hope he agrees to stay at the club.

At least he won't be damaging us in the 20 games a season he plays, or even worse, damaging us for a rival.

interesting move to choose Bayern considering the coach is less than proven and the number of wingers they currently have

To be honest with what we need to bring in I’d be happy having Garnacho and Diallo as the right sided options and bringing in Williams to compete with Rashford for the left, Williams has a £43 million release clause doesn’t he ?
He'd need Martial/Mount level wages considering what he's on currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.