Michael Olise | Joins Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think he'll be a good signing for Bayern.

Other teams seem quick and efficient with their transfers whilst we'll probably take a month to agree a fee for Branthwaite.
Yep, this summer doesn't feel any different from any of the previous Glazer summers, missing out on targets, make low ball bids for players, and generally taking forever to get anything done.

Yep, this summer doesn't feel any different from any of the previous Glazer summers, missing out on targets, make low ball bids for players, and generally taking forever to get anything done.

We need to sell to buy, so I'm not surprised we've not signed anyone yet, but we also don't seem, on the surface, particularly close to shifting anyone, which isn't helping.

Not good enough for us some said, but good enough for Bayern to spend £60 million on him. Must be the end of Gnabry at Bayern

I rate him very highly but honestly Right Wing position is not priority, compared to CF/CB/LB/MF.

I don’t understand this position. We’re coming off of our second season of scoring sub 60 goals. Out attack is exclusively made up of academy graduates, kids and Antony. How can it not be seen as a priority to improve our starting offensive line?

I don’t understand this position. We’re coming off of our second season of scoring sub 60 goals. Out attack is exclusively made up of academy graduates, kids and Antony. How can it not be seen as a priority to improve our starting offensive line?
And yet, it seems like one position we're stuffed in is right wing. Garnacho was one of the better players last season, Amad looked lively, even Mount "can" play RW.

I can name 4 or maybe even 5 positions that are higher on the priority list than right wing. I am for example equally "worried" about left wing as for right wing seeing what's hapenning with Rashford.

And yet, it seems like one position we're stuffed in is right wing. Garnacho was one of the better players last season, Amad looked lively, even Mount "can" play RW.

I can name 4 or maybe even 5 positions that are higher on the priority list than right wing. I am for example equally "worried" about left wing as for right wing seeing what's hapenning with Rashford.

We have Lindelöf, Maguire, Martinez, Kwambala and perhaps Evans for two cb positions, so we’re set right?

No obviously not, because having enough options don’t equate to having enough quality.

Not good enough for us some said, but good enough for Bayern to spend £60 million on him. Must be the end of Gnabry at Bayern
We have 50m until July and hopefully do some sales.

until then it’s like going into a sweet shop where most things cost 50p-£1 and we’ve got 10p to spend and 3-4 little brothers who want a sweet. We’re gonna wait until we sell some used comics and have been given an extra £1 next month

We have Lindelöf, Maguire, Martinez, Kwambala and perhaps Evans for two cb positions, so we’re set right?

No obviously not, because having enough options don’t equate to having enough quality.
So what's the solution here? Will we buy 7 starting XI players for all the positions apart from GK, RB (Dalot), CB (Martinez) and CM (Mainoo)?

You understand that we have limited budget?

Im guessing it’s gonna be

Kimmich Pavlović
Olise Musiala Sane
Kane

That’s a very good and balanced front 6.

Does this have enough pace on the wings? Olise seems to be another to-feet player who's more of a creator and playmaker, rather than a runner.

Also, Palhinha will definitely start if Bayern manage to sign him.

Currently have the below players our books, we would need to sell before we buy another winger, our budget is clearly limited.

Anthony
Amad
Greenwood
Sancho
Pellistri

So what's the solution here? Will we buy 7 starting XI players for all the positions apart from GK, RB (Dalot), CB (Martinez) and CM (Mainoo)?

You understand that we have limited budget?

Obviously not, consessions will have to be made with the budget, but to say that RW is not a priority when we’re now consistantly putting up sub par numbers offensively and stand with not a single tried and reliable option on the wings sounds crazy to me.

Say Rashford continues his form from last season, we’ll be putting our hopes on Garnacho, Amad and Antony. That’s a bloody nightmare situation that we can’t sleepwalk into.

Currently have the below players our books, we would need to sell before we buy another winger, our budget is clearly limited.

Anthony
Amad
Greenwood
Sancho
Pellistri

Sancho and Greenwood are obviously out eventually, probably Pellistri too. I’m not saying that a RW would havt to be the first thing we sign but to go into next season without reinforcing would be a huge mistake.

I dont think I have seen anyone on here say he wasnt good enough. The main worry was always his injury record, especially combined with our terrible medical department.

Sancho and Greenwood are obviously out eventually, probably Pellistri too. I’m not saying that a RW would havt to be the first thing we sign but to go into next season without reinforcing would be a huge mistake.

Once Sancho and Greenwood are sold I think it’s likely we’ll sign another winger. The club probably want to get those two off the books first.

Obviously not, consessions will have to be made with the budget, but to say that RW is not a priority when we’re now consistantly putting up sub par numbers offensively and stand with not a single tried and reliable option on the wings sounds crazy to me.

Say Rashford continues his form from last season, we’ll be putting our hopes on Garnacho, Amad and Antony. That’s a bloody nightmare situation that we can’t sleepwalk into.
I think we have a different understanding of what "priority" means.
Imo the priorities list should be:
1. CB
2. CM
3. CF
4. LB
5. CM
6. RW
I'll just stop here

I want to understand if you would've prioritised Olise over any if the top 3. Because anything that is not top 3 is NOT a priority. I agree we're far from covered in terms of RW, but that's not the discussion we're having.
If we can sort out top 3 then we can live with RW options for next season.

Again, I'm not even sure if LW won't be bigger issue next season than RW.

1. CB
2. CM
3. CF
4. LB
5. CM
6. RW
I'll just stop here

I want to understand if you would've prioritised Olise over any if the top 3. Because anything that is not top 3 is NOT a priority. I agree we're far from covered in terms of RW, but that's not the discussion we're having.

I’d prioritise it over CF without a doubt at least in terms of investment. If money is short then I’d not spend 40m for example on a back-up/competition to Højlund à la Zirkzee for example, but rather 15m on Guirassy. Or if he chooses someone else, go for someone on a loan and save a bigger sum for a quality attacker.

LW and RW are obviously connected as our first choice RW at the moment is Garnacho who’s natural position is likely to be LW long-term. So bringing in a RW also strenghtens our LW.

1. CB
2. CM
3. CF
4. LB
5. CM
6. RW
I'll just stop here

Yeah, I agree with that order.
Our wing options aren't ideal, obviously, but as it's going to take a few transfer windows to fully sort out all the issues then we've got to prioritise and I'd definitely rank signing one in each position of the spine of the team - CB, CM, CF - before addressing the wingers and full back positions.

The one slight caveat with the above is the injury issues with Shaw and Malacia. We can't risk going into another season playing so much of it without either available. So depending on how likely either are to be (and more importantly stay) fit, then LB may also be added to the vital list as well as the other three. But, yeah, wouldn't put RW in the vital category at all for now. Though, long term, an upgrade would be great.

I rate him very highly but honestly Right Wing position is not priority, compared to CF/CB/LB/MF.

Totally agreed. Also think Amad has the potential to be as good with the right development. Everyone losing their minds. RW is low down on importance this summer . As good as Olise is also seems quite injury prone

The fee is 45m + 5m in add-ons.

I understand that’s the portion of the fee going to Palace, Reading are also owed a % and as far as I’ve read, so are Olise’s team as well. I think the true figure is probably somewhere between £55m and £60m all in.

He’s a hell of a player, you’ll love him.

I understand that’s the portion of the fee going to Palace, Reading are also owed a % and as far as I’ve read, so are Olise’s team as well. I think the true figure is probably somewhere between £55m and £60m all in.

He’s a hell of a player, you’ll love him.
These portions aren’t payed by the club buying the player, but come out of the fee the selling club receives.

I’d prioritise it over CF without a doubt at least in terms of investment. If money is short then I’d not spend 40m for example on a back-up/competition to Højlund à la Zirkzee for example, but rather 15m on Guirassy. Or if he chooses someone else, go for someone on a loan and save a bigger sum for a quality attacker.

LW and RW are obviously connected as our first choice RW at the moment is Garnacho who’s natural position is likely to be LW long-term. So bringing in a RW also strenghtens our LW.
So what's your priorities list? I don't care about the sequence, just interested how high is RW.

Also, we don't need a competition/backup for Hojlund, we need first choice striker and make Rasmus be a backup option. And this is million miles ahead of any other offensive transfers.

Bayern buying him doesn't change that it was an unacceptably risky transfer for us to consider at that price and we have done the right thing not going for him.

He has had a single season impactful enough to justify spending that kind of money on him. He was unavailable for a full half of that season injured, so in fact we're only talking about 19 games. RW is way down our list of priorities.

Anyone who has ever complained about
  • Antony's fee
  • Rashford just being overrated on the basis of a few hot streaks
  • Our mental injury rate last season
  • Signing Mount last summer when we needed other things more
is kidding themselves if they think this would have been a good idea for us.

He might do well at Bayern. There are more comfortable games for them in the Bundesliga than we get in the PL. And there's no doubt he's talented. But it's a gamble we can't afford this summer.

You've been here long enough to know how it works on Redcafe.

If you want to make a transfer look more expensive you use the £ symbol but the € number. You also include all possible addons.

I am officially naming it "Mudryk's law".
Mudryk was 130m right? ;)
But yes, including add-ons and using GBP for EUR numbers is standard procedure along the „we were never interested anyways“ lines.

You've been here long enough to know how it works on Redcafe.

If you want to make a transfer look more expensive you use the £ symbol but the € number. You also include all possible addons.

I am officially naming it "Mudryk's law".

Tbf we do it worst with our own signings. You can cycle the same thing a few times if you want to really hyper charge the hysterical self-hatred.

So what's your priorities list? I don't care about the sequence, just interested how high is RW.

Also, we don't need a competition/backup for Hojlund, we need first choice striker and make Rasmus be a backup option. And this is million miles ahead of any other offensive transfers.

Similar to your own.

I don’t think an upgrade on Højlund is realistic now. I mean who would you even target without basically using up our entire budget?

Yeah, I agree with that order.
Our wing options aren't ideal, obviously, but as it's going to take a few transfer windows to fully sort out all the issues then we've got to prioritise and I'd definitely rank signing one in each position of the spine of the team - CB, CM, CF - before addressing the wingers and full back positions.

The one slight caveat with the above is the injury issues with Shaw and Malacia. We can't risk going into another season playing so much of it without either available. So depending on how likely either are to be (and more importantly stay) fit, then LB may also be added to the vital list as well as the other three. But, yeah, wouldn't put RW in the vital category at all for now. Though, long term, an upgrade would be great.
Yeah plus it's not clear where Garnacho will end up playing. Personally I like him more on the right side, he looks more willing to mix it up compared to when he plays on the left.

Another point is we might be moving Rashford, if not this summer then possibly next. So, a year from now we should have a clear situation.

Personally I have a feeling both Garnacho and Amad will make it on RW, with Garnacho also playing left and Amad as #10/ false 9, Rashford will leave and next summer we'll be looking for a LW.

Similar to your own.

I don’t think an upgrade on Højlund is realistic now. I mean who would you even target without basically using up our entire budget?
I have no idea, and frankly no interest in transfer dealings. Basically until United play first serious game I rarely go here. Nevertheless, we need a striker that's for sure. Unless we're going full McTominay.
Although, after reconsidering, I will be popping up here (transfers hub) more often to check if we're actually doing anything different under new owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.