Messi in Miami

Nothings happened. Is Mesi the best ever at feints though?

Didn’t realize he’ll be re-uniting with Busquets and Alba in Miami :eek:

Should improve their fortunes a smidge.

Love the one at 51s where messi just stands still and the defender still manages to fall over backwards.

Im not sharing this because of title, which essentially is Haaland vs Messi but mainly because it showcases Messi's passing range and vision in the previous season.

Hazard at Chelsea was also incredibly good at body feints. It’s a shame what happened to hazard career, he was really fun to watch !

Crazy stuff. 50 minutes, no extendedeplays/edits/slo-mows and still managed to conjure 50 mins worth of straight up playmaking content, just from last season. He created so many one-on-ones iright on a plate n this video. It's astonishing that he didn't rack up even more assists.

Crazy stuff. 50 minutes, no extendedeplays/edits/slo-mows and still managed to conjure 50 mins worth of straight up playmaking content, just from last season. He created so many one-on-ones iright on a plate n this video. It's astonishing that he didn't rack up even more assists.

Pretty insane highlights from just one season. And you have morons on twitter thinking he was playing as a striker.

Inter Miami now have 9.1 million followers on Instagram. That's now more than any NHL, MLB and NFL team (Cowboys have 4.5 million). That's some serious shit given the MLS's standing in US sports.

That being said, Inter Miami are rock bottom and 13 games or so without a win. It'll be a nigh on miracle of Messi and Martino win anything this season.

Inter Miami now have 9.1 million followers on Instagram. That's now more than any NHL, MLB and NFL team (Cowboys have 4.5 million). That's some serious shit given the MLS's standing in US sports.

That being said, Inter Miami are rock bottom and 13 games or so without a win. It'll be a nigh on miracle of Messi and Martino win anything this season.

Surely he was aware that he might win diddly squat over there. I dont think he cares though. Its just semi retirement whilst milking money.

Surely he was aware that he might win diddly squat over there. I dont think he cares though. Its just semi retirement whilst milking money.

Yeah, it's crazy. Saudi was meant to be $1.6 billion, but when you look at what he's going to be raking in from his MLS deal it's got the potentil to usurp Jordan's deal (who currently rakes in $400m per year from endorsements), and most certainly will in-time beat the Saudi mone.

- 2.5 years totalling 150m in salary.
- Part-ownership of Inter Miami.
- % cut of revenue from new subscribers to Apple MLS season pass (Apple has exclusive rights to all MLS games to worldwide audiences).
- Profit share from Adidas, so, like Jordan he could end up getting a cut of every single boot sold with his brand on it.

I haven't been to an MLS match in almost 15 years, but I feel like it'd be a crime if I didn't take this opportunity to see Messi play. Scared to look at ticket prices, though. The realistic options for me are Chicago, Cincinnati, and Columbus.

I haven't been to an MLS match in almost 15 years, but I feel like it'd be a crime if I didn't take this opportunity to see Messi play. Scared to look at ticket prices, though. The realistic options for me are Chicago, Cincinnati, and Columbus.

The Cincinatti game is minimum $300 and maximum $2000 odd. :lol:

The Cincinatti game is minimum $300 and maximum $2000 odd. :lol:

Yikes.

I haven't even looked at the schedule yet, so I don't even know if they're going to Chicago or Columbus, but $300 is pretty steep for an MLS match.

*EDIT* Looks like Miami are coming to Chicago in October, and the match was moved to Soldier Field...

Yikes.

I haven't even looked at the schedule yet, so I don't even know if they're going to Chicago or Columbus, but $300 is pretty steep for an MLS match.

*EDIT* Looks like Miami are coming to Chicago in October, and the match was moved to Soldier Field...

If you hang out in Publix in Miami there's a great chance you'll catch him in the store shopping for Lucky Charms again. :lol:

fabd02276fa14aadafb90dfd04a2d534_xl.jpg

He shifts people’s body weight around like a puppeteer.

Other players focus on controlling the movements of the ball, while Messi controls the movement of other players.

Yep. This is how he maintains a phenomenal successful dribbles per game stat. A 35 year old man should not be statistically the best dribbler in the top five leagues in the world, but here we are.

Yep. This is how he maintains a phenomenal successful dribbles per game stat. A 35 year old man should not be statistically the best dribbler in the top five leagues in the world, but here we are.
I am absolutely convinced that I will never see a better player than him in my life.

First time he’s joined a team at the bottom of the table. He could have gone Saudi but choose MLS… credit to him.

I watch Ligue 1 pretty regularly and although he racked up stats, he was invisible the rest of the time.
He mainly benefitted from teams being less scared of PSG and actually trying to dominate by playing a high line against them - which is suicidal when you have Messi as a passer and Mbappe as the runner against you. PSG basically played on the counter which is how he ended up with these stats. And while the Ligue 1 was quite competitive up until the second third of the season, end of the season was pretty poor in terms of general level and it’s now ranked 6th league in Europe (behind Netherlands for instance).

Credit where its due, the guy’s an incredible player and he can do things that other players can only dream of, but I wouldn’t take his last season as PSG as an example of his quality.

Love the one at 51s where messi just stands still and the defender still manages to fall over backwards.

Also he always looked super cool with long hair. Never know why he ditched it.

This guy going to Miami and getting Busquets, now Alba and possibly Suarez apparently to join him so far :lol:
Have to say that I love to see that. Just getting his mates to join him in a decent place to live and making the same team as what they had in their peaks. Bunch of mid 30's greats against the rest of the MLS. Probably would be my dream career ending if I was in his position too. Retire from serious football but stay in a professional league with your best mates.

This guy going to Miami and getting Busquets, now Alba and possibly Suarez apparently to join him so far :lol:
Have to say that I love to see that. Just getting his mates to join him in a decent place to live and making the same team as what they had in their peaks. Bunch of mid 30's greats against the rest of the MLS. Probably would be my dream career ending if I was in his position too. Retire from serious football but stay in a professional league with your best mates.

American's love a good Superteam. It'd be good for the MLS to have one of these just from a branding point and reaching the kids in the States who ordinarily would choose other sports instead of soccer football.

So far they've got Messi and Busquets. They've got Alba and Suarez coming. That's not all. Talented young midfielder, Diego Gomez is joining. So is Argentinian wonderkid, Facundo Farias, and probably Bryan Aguirre and Tomas Aviles too. By the time the MLS re-starts in 2024 they'll be some team with Tata managing the team.

The romantic in me would love to see them playing really good football/dominating showing their class etc and then the other side of me would love for them to get absolutely dicked on because they aren't the same physically anymore and for it to all end in tears.

Oh no. It will be all about his comfort zone then.