Messi in Miami

This guy going to Miami and getting Busquets, now Alba and possibly Suarez apparently to join him so far :lol:
Have to say that I love to see that. Just getting his mates to join him in a decent place to live and making the same team as what they had in their peaks. Bunch of mid 30's greats against the rest of the MLS. Probably would be my dream career ending if I was in his position too. Retire from serious football but stay in a professional league with your best mates.
Jobs for the boys. We'd all do it.

It won't be long until the theatrical idea of Inter Miami vs Al-Nassr pops up and money gets thrown at it, like that Paul bloke who did boxing or Fury vs Ngannou, the world will watch on, paying PPV prices to watch a completely meaningless contest between two average teams with old farts up top.

If you hang out in Publix in Miami there's a great chance you'll catch him in the store shopping for Lucky Charms again. :lol:

fabd02276fa14aadafb90dfd04a2d534_xl.jpg
Love this pic, GOAT casually shopping like the rest of us, probably checking whats on discount.

$600 for a pair of tickets at Red Bull Arena when Messi comes to town when I usually pay around $25. I just can’t do it.

guarantee half the people in that store don't know who he is

That's actually one of the reasons he went there. At barca he gave many interviews over the years how he wanted a normal life, where he can walk down the street without getting surrounded by people. Now he can do that there. There will always be people recognizing him of course, but not to the same extent as in europe.

to be fair....here in the states even if he's recognized most people won't come up to him and bother him. One of the reasons why a lot of these celebrities move to the states

That's actually one of the reasons he went there. At barca he gave many interviews over the years how he wanted a normal life, where he can walk down the street without getting surrounded by people. Now he can do that there. There will always be people recognizing him of course, but not to the same extent as in europe.
I live in Miami, and I won’t be surprised at all if his family settles down here. He and his wife will be able to get by without speaking English, and they’ll get enough attention to stoke their egos, but still be able to live a pretty normal life. There are plenty of Argentines and Colombians who love the sport, but a ton of Cubans and Dominicans who care a lot more about baseball. Ten years from now, he’ll be able to put on a baseball cap and go out by himself and not get noticed 75% of the time.

If you hang out in Publix in Miami there's a great chance you'll catch him in the store shopping for Lucky Charms again. :lol:

fabd02276fa14aadafb90dfd04a2d534_xl.jpg

Hard work trying to figure out what are in those bags, but judging by the orange and red boxes both saying "size" I imagine he is getting "Family size" items there.

Next step is Messi to gain an extra 15kg before the end of the season

Hard work trying to figure out what are in those bags, but judging by the orange and red boxes both saying "size" I imagine he is getting "Family size" items there.

He might look closer to offseason Alex Ovechkin if someone's not monitoring him in this particular environment and the foods going with it. :lol:

I live in Miami, and I won’t be surprised at all if his family settles down here. He and his wife will be able to get by without speaking English, and they’ll get enough attention to stoke their egos, but still be able to live a pretty normal life. There are plenty of Argentines and Colombians who love the sport, but a ton of Cubans and Dominicans who care a lot more about baseball. Ten years from now, he’ll be able to put on a baseball cap and go out by himself and not get noticed 75% of the time.
I’m currently on holiday in Miami. I tried to get tickets to the unveil, but it was too much hassle. So I went over to the stadium the next day. It was closed. Even the club store was closed. I walked round the ground and not one poster of Messi. It was like he didn’t exist. I met a few South Americans, who were at the ground (probably for the same reason as me). They were shocked that everything was closed too.

I then went to the out let store to see if I could get an Inter Miami Messi shirt. Not one sports shop had it. I’m staying at Miami beach, and guess what? No chance of a Messi shirt their either. I spoke to one of the workers in the shop and he said he has no idea when any of the Messi shirts will be in stock.

Basically no one really gives a feck about Messi in Miami. He can live a very normal life here!

Starts his Inter Miami career sat on the bench next to Harvey Neville.

Didn't realise Phil's kid was a footballer and playing for them. Anyone know how good he is?

I haven't seen him play, but Miami are the worst team in MLS and he's probably only even on their books out of pure nepotism, so I can't imagine he'll be taking the CL by storm in the near future or anything.

Miami are so bad. Cruz Azul had four good chances in four minutes. :lol:

Yeah, Cruz Azul themselves have lost every game so far in the Mexican league (just 3 to be fair), but they look like Brazil '70 so far against these.

I haven't seen him play, but Miami are the worst team in MLS and he's probably only even on their books out of pure nepotism, so I can't imagine he'll be taking the CL by storm in the near future or anything.

Yeah, Cruz Azul themselves have lost every game so far in the Mexican league (just 3 to be fair), but they look like Brazil '70 so far against these.

That floppy haired 18 year old for miami is shocking.

Top finish to be fair. Looked like a pub team for 40 odd minutes and suddenly Norwegian league legend Robert Taylor decides he's Mbappe.

I haven't seen him play, but Miami are the worst team in MLS and he's probably only even on their books out of pure nepotism, so I can't imagine he'll be taking the CL by storm in the near future or anything..

That’s a shame as I enjoyed the idea of Phil doing an Alf-Inge Haaland and birthing a footballing monster from nowhere.

"INTER" *vomits* Miami are shit. They probably will.
Worst team in the league. They’re enjoyably bad.

Why? Messi and Inter Miami doing well would be fantastic for the MLS and for the growth of American football in general.
I’m not American so don’t give a rats arse about the growth of American football in truth. I do however stay up to watch Orlando week in week out on TV, and have done since they were in USL Pro, and I like to get over to watch them once or twice a season. So naturally despite my boyhood (who am I kidding, lifelong) love of David Beckham, Inter Fort Lauderdale can get in the bin.

I hope we will get to see Inter Miami vs Al Nassr. Also cant forget how shite the name Inter Miami is.

Whoever is writing this shit is really lazy.

fecking knew he’d score when they got that freekick :lol:

Happy to see him launch his career in the US like this :)

I have a feeling the MLS will get a lot of joy for Messi, literally just getting fitness jogs around like he's in the park creates 4 big chances then the free kick.

GOAT really going to miss him when he retires

Looks like the orange box is Reese’s puffs and the red is I’m guessing Froot Loops