Memphis Depay | Corinthians player

He was unhappy at being on the bench and said he deserves to be starting every game. The manager gave an alternative view:

B.Genesio to the Lyon squad before training: "Memphis, I'm sorry for 3 things. I am sorry for all your late arrivals to training. I am sorry for you wearing shoes from your sponsor rather than the club, knowing it's forbidden. I'm sorry for your lack of involvement during warmup"

And to think people want this child back at our club.

He posted a picture of that warmup on his instagram btw: www.instagram.com/p/BpjUSNSFhz8

It's like he's trying to escalate shit with the manager. I also read that Depay lost it in the dressing room after their game against Hoffenheim and players are fed up with him.

Last edited:
He was unhappy at being on the bench and said he deserves to be starting every game. The manager gave an alternative view:

B.Genesio to the Lyon squad before training: "Memphis, I'm sorry for 3 things. I am sorry for all your late arrivals to training. I am sorry for you wearing shoes from your sponsor rather than the club, knowing it's forbidden. I'm sorry for your lack of involvement during warmup"

And to think people want this child back at our club.
Sounds like made up media bs. A manager would never make such critisism public. What is the source anyway?

Sounds like made up media bs. A manager would never make such critisism public. What is the source anyway?
No reason to doubt it, Depay made public his criticism of the team selection, Génésio has interest to show it doesn't go unchecked.

2 goals and 2 assists for the full match, involved in all of the goals Lyon scores that match, 5 goals and 4 assists in 13 matches in the league, 1 goal and 1 assist in 4 CL matches this season. He's putting up some decent number this season. Dunno how well he would do in a different league, just hope he doesn't turn into another Balotelli.

That's what I don't understand, he didn't even get them on target at united? Maybe the pressure just got to him.
He rarely gets them on target for Lyon aswell thats his 3rd or 4th fk goal from god knows how many chances

Don't want to poop on anyones party parade, but Guincamp. I could score against Guincamp.

Still, chuffed for him. Go Memphis.

Don't want to poop on anyones party parade, but Guincamp. I could score against Guincamp.

Still, chuffed for him. Go Memphis.

I can guarantee that you wouldn't score a goal against them. They are still professionals and would tear you apart without breaking a sweat.

Apparently, he is the MVP in the French league this calendar year. Ahead of Mbappe and Neymar...

Memphis is a very direct footballer & struggled with United being a team that had too much possession with him having too much time on the ball.

He is better at simply making a turn, getting a turn and attempting a shot all within a second rather than having time on the ball to dribble past 2 or 3 players consistently to make a cross, pass or shot afterwards.

This is something I see with Rashford too - and it is what makes both of them better strikers who end up finishing team chances rather than consistently have to create an occurrence for the team as wingers.

The same goes for martial - but he has a bit more dribbling ability which helps him out more wider as a winger - still would be better getting past 1 defender - the CB rather than having to consistently get past the LB and then the LCB afterwards.

If memphis comes back - it can't be for a LW and it has to be as a Cf.

Ideally our next manager plays with many forwards like Rashford, Martial, Sanchez in a level of partnership & then memphis might not be a bad shout.

Is that not an England top? I don’t recall one of our strips having that pattern on the arms.
96hyssa_zps145ac54d.jpg

I can guarantee that you wouldn't score a goal against them. They are still professionals and would tear you apart without breaking a sweat.
That's quite an assumption. For all you know I'm an amazing player.

I'm not obviously, but I could be.