Memphis Depay | Corinthians player

Good for him, not the usual Saudi / MLS shit, going somewhere where they actually love their football, even if Corinthians are cnuts.

Good for him, not the usual Saudi / MLS shit, going somewhere where they actually love their football, even if Corinthians are cnuts.
Well, still a bit shit, as apparently his transfer has been mostly financed by their betting company sponsor who's director has turned himself over to the police for being, ehm, well a shady cnut I'm sure.

It won't happen because money but it'd be nice if leagues from places like South America got more well known Europeans.

Well, still a bit shit, as apparently his transfer has been mostly financed by their betting company sponsor who's director has turned himself over to the police for being, ehm, well a shady cnut I'm sure.

Fair enough, still a cooler gig than Saudi though.

I am more surprise that South America club can afford/willing to pay him because he is not a very good player.

I am more surprise that South America club can afford/willing to pay him because he is not a very good player.

for that league he's easilly good enough regardless. ancient Suarez and Hulk scored tones of goals there, as well as some other "average" players like G. Barbosa for example, who failed in every European club he played for.

he's still a good player who had couple of very good seasons for both his clubs and his NT in recent years, and depending on how motivated he still is obviously, he can easilly have another 2 or 3 very productive seasons there.

current Brazilian league isn't exactly Italian Serie A from the 90's after all.

Dude's becoming more deluded by the day.

This whole fashionably religious thing is so fecking lame. Christian for show. Surely God will see through this.

An interesting move, the examples of a 'big name' European player moving to South America are extremely limited.

This is the same guy who has been ardent on Instagram posts and stories in support of the multitude of players who have been accused or arrested for sexual assault. Expecting anything sensible from this moron is your own fault.

This is the same guy who has been ardent on Instagram posts and stories in support of the multitude of players who have been accused or arrested for sexual assault. Expecting anything sensible from this moron is your own fault.
That's what I mean by fashionably Christian. He's not a fecking Christian, he just likes the shiny cross he wears.

It's always been obvious that he's not particularly bright, but the comments you mentioned, especially about Alves, really make me hope the guy just disappears, or is at the receiving end of a couple of South American tackles.

What is Christian? Because it’s got a fecking horrendous history so Depay’s views appear to fit quite well.
I'm not religious, but I'd say acting according to the Bible's virtues (wahtever that may be) and not hust wearing a lot of shiny crosses and acting all deep on social media.

I'm not religious, but I'd say acting according to the Bible's virtues (wahtever that may be) and not hust wearing a lot of shiny crosses and acting all deep on social media.
I bet you wouldn't have said any of this if he used to play for Feyenoord. You're a grown man, do better mate.

I wouldn’t recommend anyone act according to the Bible’s virtues, they’d likely end up a very bad person.
That’s a conversation for another thread though but feck me, it’s absolutely crystal clear you can be a Christian and a cnut, the likelihood is as it is with any other group in the general population. Memphis is clearly a religious Christian cnut who thanks his Christian God (aka sky fairy) as often as he gets chance.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t recommend anyone act according to the Bible’s virtues, they’d likely end up a very bad person.
That’s a conversation for another thread though but feck me, it’s absolutely crystal clear you can be a Christian and a cnut, the likelihood is as it is with any other group in the general population. Memphis is clearly a religious Christian cnut who thanks his Christian God (aka sky fairy) as often as he gets chance.
I think we're kind of arguing different points. I'm not saying I think Christians are virtuous, I just suspect Memphis Depay likes the idea of being Christian and uses it as a part of his cool guy act.

I bet you wouldn't have said any of this if he used to play for Feyenoord. You're a grown man, do better mate.
:lol:

You must never have read me commenting on Feyenoord legend Dirk Kuyt.

And he played for PSV, no one cares about PSV.

One thing more annoying than hearing his name during a game, is seeing his name in the title of a thread on this forum ;)

What is Christian? Because it’s got a fecking horrendous history so Depay’s views appear to fit quite well.

So Christianity is bad, because you claim that it has a "horrendous history"?

Depay certainly isn't a good example for any type of devout religious person, I think we can all agree with that. He has a distorted self-image and believing God thinks about him is so absurd, one could consider that funny.

Despite that I prefer the delusional type of "believer" over the fashionable atheist/satanist. The latter of course in line with modern satanism, where Satanists don't believe in Satan. It's an odd world after all.

I also believe that the move is great. Instead of going the safe money route, he is going to very passionate places. Atmospheres only comparable to the most hardcore European stadiums. He'll probably do fine on the pitch as well. Good stuff.

Last edited:
For all we know Memphis may be flawed but genuine in his beliefs. We don't know - it's not a stick to beat him with.