Memphis Depay | Corinthians player

Do we have a buyback or sell-on clause for him?

Edit: Just checked, we have a buyback (first refusal clause), that’s some great business by the club.

Think he's found his actual position as a striker. Still, United shouldn't be worrying about a buy back clause, I still don't think he's good enough for that. Also, he has not changed or gotten more humble at all. His interviews are always so fecking cringey. It's always the tough guy act, where nothing phazes him and he ignores the haters and only God can judge him and blahblahblah. You kick a ball for a living, behave.

Not a sitter but a good chance nonetheless. Ederson made a fantastic save
That my take on it to. Ederson made one fantastic save but the shot was decent enough. Though he did well last night. United came to soon for him and the club wasn´t settled enough when he came.

Think the key is that he plays as a striker now. Would still struggle on the wing imo.

Still think he could be decent on the left of a 4-3-3 in a counter-attacking setup now that he's lost some of that bulk. He struggled under LVG because our style meant he had very little space and had to use technical ability to beat players, which isn't his strength.

Think he's found his actual position as a striker. Still, United shouldn't be worrying about a buy back clause, I still don't think he's good enough for that. Also, he has not changed or gotten more humble at all. His interviews are always so fecking cringey. It's always the tough guy act, where nothing phazes him and he ignores the haters and only God can judge him and blahblahblah. You kick a ball for a living, behave.

:lol:

Said in another thread about upcoming #9s that we should keep our receipt handy for him. Looks like he can be a modern centre forward, and we should just monitor his development. We have Greenwood who looks the business, but we are light in that position and the market is generally uninspiring there.

We don't. Under French football regulations it's not possible... nobody playing in the French league could have one.
According to reports, we have both a buy back and sell on clause. And I think Jose confirmed it too.

Bring him back if he keeps improving. The striker market is not that good atm and I don't see any reason why he couldn't come back and give us another option down the middle.

Still don't think he's good enough. He has always been good running in a straight line but that's not enough in the PL and he doesn't have the skill or the agility.

Plus City were all over the place defensively and made Lyon look much better than they are.

According to reports, we have both a buy back and sell on clause. And I think Jose confirmed it too.

We don't... it is not legal to have a buy back clause under French football regulations. We could potentially have an 'agreement' but it wouldn't be legally enforceable at all.

He won't succeed as a striker under Jose.

Memphis went through playing the wrong position under LVG - the same way that Martial & Rashford are going through now.

Once we actually play 2 strikers then we can think about bringing him back - bringing him to play as a LW or a RW is a waste of time.

I'm not his apologist but it's funny to see how He still manages to piss some people off. :lol:

Is buy back the same thing as first option?
Probably not. In a buy back, there's usually a defined buy back sum, on which we can bring him back whenever we want, whether Lyon likes it or not. In first option clauses we probably must match an offer Lyon would deem acceptable if another club try and buy him.

He is too deep believing in his own hype and destiny to be the next great number 7. Moving to Lyon changed him a bit I guess.
The thing is I think he skipped a step when coming to United. Should have jumped to a medium tier league like where he is at now to develop and refine his game then go to the Prem. Regardless he still had games at United where you can see his raw talent.

What are you all so excited about? He was crap yesterday, constantly losing possession, misplacing passes or hesitated to pass when needed

What are you all so excited about? He was crap yesterday, constantly losing possession, misplacing passes or hesitated to pass when needed
I'd love to know that aswell. He was pretty average for the whole match. And yet some want him back :lol:

It's not just about last night. Overall he is playing with much more confidence and he wasn't far away from scoring the 3rd goal. Lyon isn't going to drop him if he makes one miss but we banished him to the reserves and he came back worse. It's clear that he's a confidence player and you take the rough with the smooth.

I think we'll buy him back if his release clause is as low as reported. Even if it's just to sell for a higher fee.

How was he last night? only saw the one-on-one he hit the post with.

Still wears his PSV and United necklaces. A great man.
huin8j.jpg

Depay have sealed SS or Central role at Lyon and involved in all the attacking moves they create.

How many of you want see him at United to Challenge Lukaku central role as Martial and Rashford don't have able to satisfied Mourinho demands as a central striker?

His stats till now.

Games:59
Goals:25
Assist:24

None of us.

I don't know about bringing Depay back, but I like that he still supports Manchester United. Hell a few of our current players don't even show as much support as he does! :wenger:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45565907
At the weekend, one of Depay's former United team-mates, Wayne Rooney, revealed a failed attempt to help the Dutchman ingratiate himself at the club.

"He came on at Stoke away and messed up for their goal so (manager) Louis van Gaal made him play for the reserves the next day," said Rooney, who now plays for Major League Soccer franchise DC United.

"I said, 'Look, it's a bit difficult [for you]. Just don't come in with all your fancy stuff.'

"And he turned up for the reserve game in his Rolls-Royce, wearing a leather jacket and a cowboy hat. And I just thought, 'What's the point?'

"But Memphis is a lovely lad and it's good to see things going well for him now.