Memphis Depay | Corinthians player

Came in here to raise the query if people would welcome him back as a squad player given his good season. Wasn’t aware of details of above tweet which probably sums up why hell never make it at a club like united

Came in here to raise the query if people would welcome him back as a squad player given his good season. Wasn’t aware of details of above tweet which probably sums up why hell never make it at a club like united
He's a left winger so that position is already full up out the door. Rashford, Martial Sanchez. Career suicide.

His Instagram has just been clips of him smoking cigars all summer.

Athletes probably drink and smoke all the time, but making it public on your own accord seems a bit dumb.

If we're talking strictly ex-United forwards, I'd take Zaha back over Memphis any day, and probably Januzaj too.

Athletes probably drink and smoke all the time, but making it public on your own accord seems a bit dumb.

If we're talking strictly ex-United forwards, I'd take Zaha back over Memphis any day, and probably Januzaj too.

Ya pretending we had a buy back for all three that may be the order I’d go. Shame that a huge failure at united doesn’t seem to have refocused him

I like Zaha too but very unlikely Jose would put up with him!

I like Zaha too but very unlikely Jose would put up with him!

I don't think Jose want any of those 3 back. Zaha does seem to have settled down a bit now though. Seems a hard worker at Palace. I think United kicking him in to touch has made him reevaluate himself, Which doesn't seem to be the case with Memphis.

I wouldn't really want any of them back, but if we had to take one, I'd rather it was Zaha.

Not a surprise he had a row with folks on the national team in the past too. He obviously a very potent player when he shows up but he has done nothing to make such as asshat of himself. Players like Ronnie and Pogba don't act as silly and even when they do they deserved to act out a heck of a lot more both for their on the field performances and otherwise role model like behavior towards fans, social activism etc.

You're joking right? His stats from last year are flattering to deceive. Just watch him this season he's the same as he was with us. A Flat track bully with poor decision making.

Not a surprise he had a row with folks on the national team in the past too. He obviously a very potent player when he shows up but he has done nothing to make such as asshat of himself. Players like Ronnie and Pogba don't act as silly and even when they do they deserved to act out a heck of a lot more both for their on the field performances and otherwise role model like behavior towards fans, social activism etc.

He’s the ultimate 21st century player. I consider myself lenient with players off pitch stuff and tend not to get worked up over haircuts or sex scandals etc. But a glance at depays Instagram sums the guy up. He’d be just as happy to be a famous actor or musician, that’s what seems to drive him. It’s enough to score a goal with Holland and celebrate with his fingers in his ears because it makes a good Instagram shot. He can’t see that the odd good goal or performance proves absolutely nothing,

I bumped the thread while thinking hard of fast wide players around Europe and now we’re discussing him again his tenure at united is coming flooding back. Oh god the header away at Stoke, I thought I had repressed it....

You're joking right? His stats from last year are flattering to deceive. Just watch him this season he's the same as he was with us. A Flat track bully with poor decision making.

Probably should have clarified my own position more in my original bump. See above

Honestly Depay is a good player. Scored a lot of good goals last season. He really got going when Fekir got injured. Depay was positioned closer to goal. Smart move obviously as he wont be trying to dribble past four defenders. If he replicates last seasons form this season he'll be making a move to a big club next summer.

Scored brilliant free kick goal today in Lyon 2-0 win. Highest rated player on many website from both sides

Good for him, wonder where he will go after Lyon. Any rumours surronding him?

If he is to smoke something, cigars are the least problematic. There's no inhaling smoke with a cigar, you just taste it in the mouth and blow it out. People smoke them with liquor to kind of "set the palette" if it makes sense.

Would it be worth bringing him back to fill the vacant role on our RW? I think he could adapt very quickly there even if he's played most of his career on the left.

Would it be worth bringing him back to fill the vacant role on our RW? I think he could adapt very quickly there even if he's played most of his career on the left.
Are you kidding or being serious? He is 100% not a Mourinho type player. Would struggle under our current setup.

He plays a lot closer to goal now - more of a striker/second striker. He struggled here out wide on the left and would struggle even more on the right with the added defensive responsibility Mourinho likes. We've got enough players who like to play left or central without adding another.

Great strike but you have to wonder what the keeper was doing there.

He plays a lot closer to goal now - more of a striker/second striker. He struggled here out wide on the left and would struggle even more on the right with the added defensive responsibility Mourinho likes. We've got enough players who like to play left or central without adding another.

Yesterday he played as a number 10 and was pretty much the best player on the field. Still needs to stop trying to get past 4 players, it's irritating.

Depressing seeing him and Zaha blow up every weekend. Would imagine Depay would be brilliant in Liverpool' system.

Doubt it, Liverpool's attackers are quick and nimble, not words ld use to describe Depay.

Depressing seeing him and Zaha blow up every weekend. Would imagine Depay would be brilliant in Liverpool' system.
Possibly going forward, but their attackers are required to work just as hard as anyones, and I imagine he'd be fairly useless in a press.

Depay really wasn't that great last season, although to be fair to him he had a good run towards the end. Considering how much poorer the quality level is in France though, he did little to make me think he should be playing for a top PL side. I'd have been deeply unhappy with the idea of bringing him to Chelsea.

He ll probably be back in the PL at some pt for bigger wages, but then for a club like West Ham or QPR. Then again, he now plays for a club in the CL and one that can compete for the Ligue 1 title so he won't go until that is no longer the case.

Zaha doesn't 'blow up' every weekend either. He still has a very low bottom level that turns up too often.
That's quite an outdated view TBH.

Zaha is having a big impact on games every week. Sure he might not score EVERY game but whenever palace do win it's usually because of him.

Do you remember him playing for us? He was dreadful. Found his level is all.

He was awful, yes. Dunno about his level. Wouldn’t be the first time a decent young player didn’t do himself justice in a dysfunctional team (or when he gets promoted to a big team a bit too early). See also Zaha. Or Lukaku/De Bruyne/Salah.

He was awful, yes. Dunno about his level. Wouldn’t be the first time a decent young player didn’t do himself justice in a dysfunctional team. See also Zaha.
Zaha has shown he can do it in the PL. Depay looked like a competition winner. I don't think we'll live to regret letting him go.

We also have a first option to buy him back if he proves me wrong, I believe.

It's unfortunate for us we've had three managers in succession who completely ruin attacking players with any degree of flair or creativity.

Zaha has shown he can do it in the PL. Depay looked like a competition winner. I don't think we'll live to regret letting him go.

We also have a first option to buy him back if he proves me wrong, I believe.

Nice one. I don’t think we used one of those clauses before. Makes a lot of sense to have it in our pocket.