Memphis Depay | Corinthians player

He could score 50 goals and I couldn't care less. He was one of the worst players I've seen play for this club. A dribbler that couldn't run with the ball and only performed against lower league teams, if even that.

It's France. PL defenders nullified his pace and strength and he didn't have enough extra going for him. In France he can run at players all day.

It's not France, it's Lyon. Since Genesio took the team, they tend to create chances very easily, if you can watch their game against Juventus in CL or what happened to Roma when Lyon started to play normally.

No attacking player can look good at United. This lad is proof of that.
I'm pretty sure Lyon are a much better coached team than us and would probably give us a very hard time if we played them so no point scoffing at the French league.

Said it many a time, the talent was always there with Memphis he just struggled with the move to a bigger club/our coaching was poor.

If better coach than LvG had got Memphis and Martial when we did, we’d currently have Martial at 9 and Memphis off the left.

His level seems to be between us and Lyon.
Maybe Sevilla / Dortmund level player?

His level seems to be between us and Lyon.
Maybe Sevilla / Dortmund level player?

I'm not sure about that, he really isn't better than someone like Mariano who by the way is statistically close. He needs an other season in the role that he has recently played.

Said it many a time, the talent was always there with Memphis he just struggled with the move to a bigger club/our coaching was poor.

If better coach than LvG had got Memphis and Martial when we did, we’d currently have Martial at 9 and Memphis off the left.
Except he was total shit for us.

Considering we have a buy back clause, should be not consider bringing him back?

Especially if Martial leaves.

If Memphis who was shit for us now looks like a world beater, I dread to imagine how good Martial would be after he leaves Mourinho to start playing under an attacking coach.

No, he was getting too bulky to play LW and wasn’t quick enough

He could score 50 goals and I couldn't care less. He was one of the worst players I've seen play for this club. A dribbler that couldn't run with the ball and only performed against lower league teams, if even that.

So a guy who played for the club 3 years ago can't improve? Just because a player was poor in the past doesn't mean he will be poor in the future. He is a better player now.

If Memphis who was shit for us now looks like a world beater, I dread to imagine how good Martial would be after he leaves Mourinho to start playing under an attacking coach.

Thauvin looked like shit in this league too, had a good season before he left for Newcastle and after he came back from Newcastle. Could be something other than Mourinho but I cannot quite put my finger on it.

He's a player whose brain works a fraction of a second too slowly for the Premier League.

Very good if you give him a little bit of time and space. Clueless if you don't.

If he came back to the PL or even if he went to Spain, you'd see him struggle again.

He was pretty poor for the first half of the season, but he's finished strongly. I wouldn't get too excited about him though, he still doesn't look top class.

Could be he plays vs bottom fodder in a league that's very weak?

He's obviously a talent. Playing in a very poor team didn't help him.. It was probably a mistake to not give him a proper shot with a good attacking coach. Depay, Martial - both young and talented players who I think will be very successful. It'd be a shame if Jose in his stubbornness is allowed to ditch another.

He's obviously a talent. Playing in a very poor team didn't help him.. It was probably a mistake to not give him a proper shot with a good attacking coach. Depay, Martial - both young and talented players who I think will be very successful. It'd be a shame if Jose in his stubbornness is allowed to ditch another.
He had plenty of opportunities, he just wasn't very good.

He was by far our worst attacking player when he was here, absolutely abysmal apart from 2 games in Europe against awful opposition.
He’s found his level.

19 goals + 13 assists in the league = most goals Lyon + most assists Lyon in 28 starts and 8 from the bench.
I hope he comes back to the PL (which I think he will) if he destroys teams like Salah or fails again either way we will know.

Not sure it’s in the Premier League but almost certain he gets another chance with a top club. Be interested to see who takes the risk - for what it’s worth I think it’s worht taking.

He was by far our worst attacking player when he was here, absolutely abysmal apart from 2 games in Europe against awful opposition.
He’s found his level.

Virtually everyone was abysmal though. Certain players could stand out individually from the dross we were playing, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're better players...just that they're players who can do something to stand out. Plenty of players need coherent teams making space for them to be truly effective.. That doesn't make them lesser players.

We'll see in the next few years anyway.

Don't think he's the real deal personally, but there have been players who failed at big clubs early in their career who somehow made it later on.

Not sure it’s in the Premier League but almost certain he gets another chance with a top club. Be interested to see who takes the risk - for what it’s worth I think it’s worht taking.
I am gonna guess Bayern if they can't get Martial. Liverpool tried to sign him once, they might try again. Considering Sanchez is shit for us, I don't expect any different from Memphis so no point signing him in a Mourinho team.

starting to think it's us and not them :lol:

100% it always was. Memphis had an absolutely fantastic attitude before we signed him, they had pictures of him everywhere in the gym, and he set pretty much every record. He shows up here, very little leadership in the squad, acts like what most of us would act like with such a huge contract, under performs for the most part (had some unbelievable moments) and left.

Now he's back playing in a system that suits him he's tearing up the french league pretty much every week.

100% it always was. Memphis had an absolutely fantastic attitude before we signed him, they had pictures of him everywhere in the gym, and he set pretty much every record. He shows up here, very little leadership in the squad, acts like what most of us would act like with such a huge contract, under performs for the most part (had some unbelievable moments) and left.

Now he's back playing in a system that suits him he's tearing up the french league pretty much every week.
So it's our fault, even though you state that he had a poor attitude and didn't perform? Right.

If he can keep this momentum next season i think he will be in the radar of EPL clubs again. Also, you repeat Nl Max three times he will reveal himself in this thread.

Thought he looked good against England the other month. Fair play to him, he seems better suited to the Central role. I wouldn’t dismiss the French League. He performed against PSG and prospects from that league have excelled in this division lately.