Memphis Depay | Corinthians player

Semi true..

Ronald Koeman was not happy with all the rumours because he wanted me to stay, but it was not too complicated because for me, also, it was not time to go. When I spoke to him I told him, 'No problem, I will stay'. It was my decision. I wanted to stay at Southampton.

'I was patient because I remember after the first year [in England] I knew it was better to focus on Southampton. In my head I thought I would be there a couple more years and prove something. I was convinced I still had to prove something, improve more and learn more before I moved to a bigger club. But then I knew when the right time was for me. The extra year helped me get better, and it is important for every player to go step by step.

'It was only when Liverpool came in [in June] that I never had a second thought and knew I wanted to join.

'It was different because then was the right moment for me. I finally came to Liverpool and I was happy with that, and now I'm happy I am playing against Manchester United.'

United didn't come in for him again as they signed Depay.

He just didn't feel ready to leave Southampton at that particular point. If united had waited who knows.

It's made out he didn't want to sign for the club and picked Liverpool which is false.

I'm betting you wish you hadn't signed Depay though?

Dolberg really doesn't look like world class - I have no idea how he has earned this reputation to be honest. He is still very young at 19, but he has failed to take the next needed step and I fail to see what he is really exceptional at. There is a reason why no top club took a punt at him this summer, he hasn't established himself at that level where you think he is going to be a sure bet. 19 is young, but remember that Rashford is younger by a couple of weeks and he is light-years ahead. Gabriel Jesus is six months older, cannot be compared. Dolberg is over a year older than Kylian Mbappe (!) - so I would bare careful with the world class-stuff. Dolberg was great last year given his age, but now that his team is a bit weaker you see that he cannot carry them by himself in a very poor league. 0 goals in 5 league games, although I cannot bother to check if he has played a lot of minutes. Also goalless in four games in Europe.

He scored in both matches against Lyon last Europa League for example in a semifinal. Well, every person develops at their own time. From what I had seen from both Dolberg and Memphis until mid 2015, I would've tried to buy Dolberg right there if he was available. Yeah, Memphis had a good season before, but I was not convinced and it looks like my doubts about him were proven right, while with Dolberg, even though he still hasn't found the needed consistency, the flashes of brilliance he shows have me going crazy over the possibility of him playing for United one day.

I remember reading in May the season before he joined Utd on Whoscored they had a stats comparison of best free kick takers at the time and he was at the top. Then he joined Utd and he couldn't bend one ball over the wall :lol:

From what I had seen from both Dolberg and Memphis until mid 2015, I would've tried to buy Dolberg right there if he was available.
Mid 2015? He must have set the world alight in those 72 minutes he played for Silkeborg.

If the team that finished dead last in the Superliga that season, 17 points off the next team in the table, couldn't find a spot for him, I struggle to see any reason for why he would have been, at the time, a better buy for United than Memphis.

With the benefit of hindsight, there's a good chance he would have, as Memphis fell way short. Then again, Dolberg might crumble similarly at a big club.

"I think I'll go to Real Madrid, yes that's a serious goal. When will it happen? Only God knows. He helps me and will bring me there."

He's not really helping himself with such comments. Just give a boring PR answer and try to be a star man at Lyon first.

He will never play for Real. He should have more realistic goals: Dortmund, or Monaco, maybe. But not RM, Barca, United, PSG, or Juve.

He can shoot and that's it. Can't even beat players in the French league.

He never showed much confidence in his play aside from the Brugge and Midjytland games. I don't know what his standing was with the manager and he wasn't the only one who looked drained under van gaal but as a wide player there was something very noticeably off about him. He didn't really show for the ball or try things even against lower opposition. Talks a good game but in a Utd shirt he was a mouse.

Before you all slate the shit out of him, where is this comment taken from? AS? Who say he told the PSV supporter? Which looks like a site built in 1998 and which doesn't have the interview on it?

Sounds like a bizarre comment so I really wanna see the source before calling him a clown.

Last edited:
Scored a nice goal just now. He's had a good game all round. Played an excellent ball through to Mariano that even caught him by surprise so he couldn't take advantage of said pass.

Troyes aren't exactly world beaters though innit. He's just a bit of a flattrack bully. Always love a good Panenka though.

According to Opta, Mbappe was also involved in 20 goals in 2017, 14 goals and 6 assists in league.

Lyon fans/Ligue 1 viewers have stated the stats don’t correspond with performances. He’s about at his level.

Goal and assist last match, another goal today. He isnt a great player but doing quite well for them and has been like the most or 2nd most productive player for Lyon since joining.

11 goals and 11 assists in 28 matches in the Ligue 1 for him.

How's he getting along then? Guessing was a right decision to sell him and not just blindly supporting a mediocre 'talent'

It's crazy he played terrible for Holland too but scores. Immensely effective and immensely shit at the same time. Lyon is his ceiling.

I'm glad to see him doing well.

Always liked him as a lad - bit of a lost soul and tries to be a flash harry because of it, but a good lad at heart I think.

Hope he continues to do well - unless against Utd.