Memphis Depay | Corinthians player

messi_2013_3546221b.jpg

You'll never achieve anything in football if you have poor fashion choices. :lol:

Difference, he had already done something in football.

Look at my Ballon D'Ors, I'll wear what I like.

The Caf cares, for some reason. It's weird.

The cringing at his "M7" décor on his car was even weirder. It seemed to be the belief that he's not allowed to do that until he's "made it" or something. Supposedly being a professional international footballer isn't considered making it.

Plus he has 5 goals and 7 assists in 1000 minutes for Lyon in Ligue 1. By all means, he is ripping apart that league

You just know he'll never fully unleash his potential. He'll have a decent career, perhaps an Elia 2.0 career but nothing more than that.

He's a bit of a pebble isn't he?

Between him, Januzaj and Varela our dressing room does seem to breed some goons.

footballs who have basically achieved nothing in their careers acting like rockstars

How much did we sell him for? Also I thought we had a buy back clause? Do we have a buy back clause or sell on clause?

Between him, Januzaj and Varela our dressing room does seem to breed some goons.

footballs who have basically achieved nothing in their careers acting like rockstars
That's our fault for giving these wasters big fat contracts.

Find it hilarious that people here feel some entitlement to decide what footballers can and cant do in their spare time. The one goes Ibiza and lays on the beach, the other makes music with his friend as hobby.
Agreed. The disparaging comments above are a bit weird.

People get worked up over footballers doing things in their own time, its like, they can't do anything but just be footballers and train and train and then retire. You know these lads are human and have their own interests outside of football right? I never get fussed with footballers having drinks, or going on holidays or making music as long as it doesn't impact their form on the pitch.

Find it hilarious that people here feel some entitlement to decide what footballers can and cant do in their spare time. The one goes Ibiza and lays on the beach, the other makes music with his friend as hobby.

Agreed, who even cares. By all accounts, he has a great attitude when training and what not. Just didn't work out, don't understand these personal jabs at him.

Agreed. It's ridiculous. Unless what they're doing is 'wrong' from a legal perspective or maybe moral and doesn't have an impact on their performance like say excessive drinking why do you care? It's not my cup of tea but there's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

I must have missed something. What's he been upto?

Rio Ferdinand had his own tv show, his own record label, his own magazine, shot a documentary and was a movie producer when he was winning league titles with us. I wish it went better with Memphis when he was with us but, I will always root for him.

I agree with you on that. Nothing wrong here.
The Music is a bit shit but that is not illegal.

This Jesé level of performance for a song :lol:

Who criticized him in such a manner ? Just like any other so-called "artists" out there, if his material is shit, he'll be laughed at. Whether he is a footballer, a cook or a teacher. He can do whatever he wants, we will just laugh at him.

Jealousy perhaps?

You just know he'll never fully unleash his potential. He'll have a decent career, perhaps an Elia 2.0 career but nothing more than that.

He is doing very well. Think he has 5 goals and 10 assists or so in his 6 months so far at Lyon

He is doing very well. Think he has 5 goals and 10 assists or so in his 6 months so far at Lyon

He started off well with us, then faded. Think he lost his place and never regained confidence or form.

The talent was there, and in interviews he came across well saying he wants to work hard and improve etc.

Shame it didn't work out, we'll see how far he goes in the future. Jose must have seen something to put the buy back clause in

He started off well with us, then faded. Think he lost his place and never regained confidence or form.

The talent was there, and in interviews he came across well saying he wants to work hard and improve etc.

Shame it didn't work out, we'll see how far he goes in the future. Jose must have seen something to put the buy back clause in

Yeah none of the managers ever questioned his attitude or commitment. There's no shame in not making it at united. Better players than him have not made it here.

exactly. the "yo yo yo" posts in here are so embarrassing. let the boy live his life

Jesus Christ, imagine Fergie if he was managing Memphis and this came out!?

Not sure what I am supposed to be imagining. What would he do?

Andy Cole released the terrible 'Outstanding' whilst under Fergie's management. Rio had that 'Merked' TV show which was appalling, among other non-football ventures. The whole club did that godawful dance pop track, Move Move Move.

I don't remember Fergie ever laying the proverbial smackdown on young lads doing what young lads do outside of football.