Mehdi Benatia | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being a bigger club and being a bigger draw are different. Right now we can offer the best manager in world football, a stable team and CL football, more money, plus living in London.
That makes us a bigger draw to most players, despite obviously not having the historical appeal of United.

I think as fans we assume players see the clubs as we do as opposed to how our actual lives would be. Fabregas said that if he came back to the EPL he wanted it to be London didnt he?

:lol:

We couldn't get Hazard for a different reason, and none of those actually include "football". I have no idea how they are a better prospect than us, to be fair.

Your original post was a response to what I said, no? Unless it was something else, which I never saw when writing my post. I never said in my post that it was for footballing reasons. I said they're a better prospect.
There you go mate. If all a player wants is a healthy bank balance, then yeah they are a better prospect. Other than that, they aren't. Look at de Bruyne, Lukaku, Marin, etc. They had even discarded Matic too.

There you go mate. If all a player wants is a healthy bank balance, then yeah they are a better prospect. Other than that, they aren't. Look at de Bruyne, Lukaku, Marin, etc. They had even discarded Matic too.
that's great and all, but again, my original post (that you quoted) never said anything about footballing reasons. You brought that into it, it's not something I argued in any way, shape, or form. I've no idea why you're trying to drill it home when it's totally irrelevant to my statement.

that's great and all, but again, my original post (that you quoted) never said anything about footballing reasons. You brought that into it, it's not something I argued in any way, shape, or form. I've no idea why you're trying to drill it home when it's totally irrelevant to my statement.
So better prospect = more money? Okay.

So better prospect = more money? Okay.
I'd really like if you stopped putting words into my mouth.
Huh? We couldn't do Hazard because of fees where as they could, which is one of the reasons they're a better prospect, they can afford players and fees we cannot (well, not according to Woodward, but that remains to be seen). It's one of the reasons they get players over us.

Is PSG/Monaco a better prospect than United?
Again, this comment implies that you're under the assumption that I said money is the solitary reason someone would pick Chelsea over us, I said it's one of the reasons. There are other reasons, like the fact that they're more likely to win trophies than us in the next few years, which is the biggest reason for a player to pick a club of all.

You're picking a really weird argument here, everything you're stating I said is .. not something I said.

Anyone who thinks Chelsea is not as big a prospect as United especially this season is deluded! Money doesn't even come into it either.

Just saw a tweet with Mourinho ruling it out due to foreign numbers. I havent seen this guy play much but he's quite hyped on here.

Those were young players though. For the star players we are talking about they wouldnt be discarded.

Just saw a tweet with Mourinho ruling it out due to foreign numbers. I havent seen this guy play much but he's quite hyped on here.

He is definitely one of he best CB's in Italy today.
Too bad he isn't left footed :P

Eh no he is not.
It's debateable. Pep wins more trophies than him these days but his task is probably easier in that sense given he's at bayern.

Mourinho has had some not so great years now. He's only won one league title in the last 4 years I think. He needs to win it this season if he's the best in the world. With that squad, not winning the league and making it one title title in 4, with the squads he's at his disposal wouldn't be great.

I take it SAF wasn't the top manager in world football in 2005 then?

Funnily enough, that was Mourinho.

Right now, he's not. You can't have two trophyless seasons and claim to be the best manager in the world.

Funnily enough, that was Mourinho.

Right now, he's not. You can't have two trophyless seasons and claim to be the best manager in the world.

You dont lose it over two seasons, its not something that comes and goes like the best footballers over seasons, SAF was still the number one manager at that time, he just didnt have a balanced squad.

I would say they are on par:

Costa,Luiz+ Cesc = James + Kroos + Falcao (most likely)

Madrid have signed the higher tier players but if they lose Di Maria I don't even think Rodriguez is an upgrade, if anything he could be a downgrade. Chelsea have strengthened their side more than Real have strengthened theirs.

Madrid have signed the higher tier players but if they lose Di Maria I don't even think Rodriguez is an upgrade, if anything he could be a downgrade. Chelsea have strengthened their side more than Real have strengthened theirs.

Think player for player Madrid have done better.

But Chelsea have strengthened as they have signed players they actually needed, while Madrid just continue to buy the best players around. Which worked well last year.

Chelsea's window blows it out of the water IMO. Falcao hasn't signed so you cant count it. Courtois + Luiz + Costa + fabregas and jettisoning David luiz for 40m pounds. beats Hames and Kroos even in a knockdown price. them getting Benatia would just be a cruel reminder of what can be achieved in a window.

Chelsea's window blows it out of the water IMO. Falcao hasn't signed so you cant count it. Courtois + Luiz + Costa + fabregas and jettisoning David luiz for 40m pounds. beats Hames and Kroos even in a knockdown price. them getting Benatia would just be a cruel reminder of what can be achieved in a window.

Chelsea already has one of the best transfer windows of all time... getting Benetia would get them very close to the champions league trophy IMO.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...-interest-in-30m-Man-Utd-target-Mehdi-Benatia

"No, we're not interested," Mourinho said.

"We have John (Terry), (Gary) Cahill, (Branislav) Ivanovic, (Kurt) Zouma, and we want to integrate (Andreas) Christensen.

"Step by step [for Christensen], training with us, every day, playing a few minutes when it is possible, playing with the Under-21s and training with us as a first-team squad member.

"We are fine. are, we are well set in defence."

I don't see what's funny? Mourinho, love him or hate him, is undeniably one of the best managers in the world and it is by no means laughable for someone to label him the best.

It is when you see the achievements of Guardiola, Klopp, Ancellotti, Simeone etc.
Calling Mourinho the best is laughable in those scenarios.

It is when you see the achievements of Guardiola, Klopp, Ancellotti, Simeone etc.
Calling Mourinho the best is laughable in those scenarios.
Guardiola who could've walked that league with his eyes closed? Ancelotti who just won the CL with essentially Mourinho's team + over £100m spent and lost out on the league to an Atleti side that cost a fraction of RM's? Simeone who's just had by far his best season ever? What has Klopp won?

Mourinho is currently the best manager in football. Pep is right on his heels.

I think as fans we assume players see the clubs as we do as opposed to how our actual lives would be. Fabregas said that if he came back to the EPL he wanted it to be London didnt he?
He said a lot of things. Bad example as only one club was in for him.

I don't think the city matters a huge deal. Great players go to Juventus all the time. It's a worker's town that's got crap weather. Worse than Liverpool or Manchester or London. It's certainly not the appeal.

Food shouldn't matter either. Either they cook themselves or buy food. Either way there are loads of places to choose from. You can always find your own native food.

I think it's about money, team, manager and club. In that order. Sometimes switch team with manager and in rare cases put club above some or all of the others. Herrera for example was a big fan of Cantona and loved to join United, despite United not playing and Europe whilst Athletic are.

He said a lot of things. Bad example as only one club was in for him.

I don't think the city matters a huge deal. Great players go to Juventus all the time. It's a worker's town that's got crap weather. Worse than Liverpool or Manchester or London. It's certainly not the appeal.

Food shouldn't matter either. Either they cook themselves or buy food. Either way there are loads of places to choose from. You can always find your own native food.

I think it's about money, team, manager and club. In that order. Sometimes switch team with manager and in rare cases put club above some or all of the others. Herrera for example was a big fan of Cantona and loved to join United, despite United not playing and Europe whilst Athletic are.

Im not sure about the whole money thing, I mean theres only so much you can physically spend. What difference does it make whether you earn 200 k a week or 250k? Either way you are set up for life within a couple of months.

Guardiola who could've walked that league with his eyes closed? Ancelotti who just won the CL with essentially Mourinho's team + over £100m spent and lost out on the league to an Atleti side that cost a fraction of RM's? Simeone who's just had by far his best season ever? What has Klopp won?

No I'm talking about Guardiola who regularly came out on top during the clasicos at that time and let's not compare their trophy hauls during their time in Spain. Ancelotti who finally fulfilled the Madrid dream of winning the "la decima", a feat which Mourinho failed to achieve quite spectacularly in the three years. Simeone who in the last three seasons has won far more than Mourinho in the same period inspite of having a team which is made on 1/4th of budget of both Madrid or Chelsea(also trashed Chelsea in CL). Klopp who dominated Germany in two years with once again a very cheap team also playing beautiful football.

Only deluded Chelsea fans think that Mourinho is the best manager in football.

No I'm talking about Guardiola who regularly came out on top during the clasicos at that time and let's not compare their trophy hauls during their time in Spain. Ancelotti who finally fulfilled the Madrid dream of winning the "la decima", a feat which Mourinho failed to achieve quite spectacularly in the three years. Simeone who in the last three seasons has won far more than Mourinho in the same period inspite of having a team which is made on 1/4th of budget of both Madrid or Chelsea(also trashed Chelsea in CL). Klopp who dominated Germany in two years with once again a very cheap team also playing beautiful football.

Only Chelsea fans think that Mourinho is the best manager in football. The rest who aren't deluded don't think that.
So Mourinho is the 5th best manager in the world then? Anyone other than Chelsea fans who thinks Mourinho is the best manager is deluded. Makes sense.

No I'm talking about Guardiola who regularly came out on top during the clasicos at that time and let's not compare their trophy hauls during their time in Spain. Ancelotti who finally fulfilled the real dream of winning the "la decima", a feat which Mourinho failed to achieve quite spectacularly in the three years. Simeone who in the last three seasons has won far more than Mourinho in the same period inspite of having a team which is made on 1/4th of budget of both Madrid or Chelsea(also trashed Chelsea in CL). Klopp who dominated Germany in two years with once again a very cheap team.

Only Chelsea fans think that Mourinho is the best manager in football.

That is a ridiculous statement considering so many on here think it let alone other clubs.

Everyone loves to focus on Joses last 3 seasons with Madrid, the most difficult to manage club there is and even then he managed to win La Liga with 100 points in spite of the brilliance of Barca.

Barca dominated because they were a better team not because Jose was an inferior manager. I;d like to see Pep or Klopp do the treble with a decent but hardly amazing Inter Milan, or dominate the EPL the way he did and thats before Porto!

That is a ridiculous statement considering so many on here think it let alone other clubs.

Everyone loves to focus on Joses last 3 seasons with Madrid, the most difficult to manage club there is and even then he managed to win La Liga with 100 points in spite of the brilliance of Barca.

Barca dominated because they were a better team not because Jose was an inferior manager. I;d like to see Pep or Klopp do the treble with a decent but hardly amazing Inter Milan, or dominate the EPL the way he did and thats before Porto!

Poor Mourinho, imagine being given the managerial role at Madrid and be able to sign literally anybody :(

This,

and if we had any sense last year we could have avoided the Moyes fiasco if we had appointed the special one as SAF's successor.

So Mourinho is the 5th best manager in the world then? Anyone other than Chelsea fans who thinks Mourinho is the best manager is deluded. Makes sense.

Yeah that's what I said.

Well done.

Yeah that's what I said.

Well done.
Nice edit there, mate.

You sound like one of those ultra bitter Arsenal fans who shits on anything Chelsea or Mourinho because he always spanks them.

Status
Not open for further replies.