Mehdi Benatia | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice edit there, mate.

You sound like one of those ultra bitter Arsenal fans who shits on anything Chelsea or Mourinho because he always spanks them.

Didn't edit anything.

Anyway calling me an Arsenal fan because I see Mourinho as one of the best rather than the BEST manager in the world takes some special thinking.

Didn't edit anything.

Anyway calling me an Arsenal fan because I see Mourinho as one of the best rather than the BEST manager in the world takes some special thinking.
I'm not going to argue with you anymore after this post, but you saying Simeone and Klopp who haven't accomplished a fraction of what Mourinho has are better is what takes some special thinking.

Pep or Ancelotti you can make convincing arguments for. The other two just make you sound like you have something against Mourinho. I don't even like the man that much and can't stand some of his actions off the pitch, but can admit without red specs or bias that he's the best now Sir Alex is gone.

I'm not going to argue with you anymore after this post, but you saying Simeone and Klopp who haven't accomplished a fraction of what Mourinho has are better is what takes some special thinking.

Pep or Ancelotti you can make convincing arguments for. The other two just make you sound like you have something against Mourinho. I don't even like the man that much and can't stand some of his actions off the pitch, but can admit without red specs or bias that he's the best now Sir Alex is gone.

Ah OK so you are unbiased because you think Mourinho is the best but I'm biased because I don't think he's the best.

Makes sense.

Didn't edit anything.

Yes you did

Which post?

I genuinely don't remember..and besides I think you get a last edited side note whenever you edit a post..
You initially said that anyone who isn't a Chelsea fan and thinks Mourinho is the best is deluded. Which is ridiculous like Rob said.

You initially said that anyone who isn't a Chelsea fan and thinks Mourinho is the best is deluded. Which is ridiculous like Rob said.

Fair enough so I did, I forgot about it.

Im not sure about the whole money thing, I mean theres only so much you can physically spend. What difference does it make whether you earn 200 k a week or 250k? Either way you are set up for life within a couple of months.
It matters. Especially when you have a person negotiating for you that's heavily influencing your decision.

You're only set up for life if you handle the money right. Far from everybody does. These are often people without much education who suddenly got very rich at a very young age.

How did Chelsea manage to get players to join them in the first place before any titles? Of course it was the money. It's the benchmark for the purchases, no matter who you are. Without money you aren't going to get anyone decent.

Explain to me why else Eto'o went to Anji, Drogba and Anelka to China etc. Eto'o even squabbles over fees when playing for Cameroon.

It matters. Especially when you have a person negotiating for you that's heavily influencing your decision.

You're only set up for life if you handle the money right. Far from everybody does. These are often people without much education who suddenly got very rich at a very young age.

How did Chelsea manage to get players to join them in the first place before any titles? Of course it was the money. It's the benchmark for the purchases, no matter who you are. Without money you aren't going to get anyone decent.

Explain to me why else Eto'o went to Anji, Drogba and Anelka to China etc. Eto'o even squabbles over fees when playing for Cameroon.
Drogba and Eto'o aren't the best examples. Both were older and declining players who had already won everything at club level and saw those moves as one last massive paycheck.

Players like Cavani and Falcao are the perfect examples of players you're talking about. Players who were in their prime an wanted by the biggest, most elite sides in world football but opted for huge money in a nothing league instead.

Drogba and Eto'o aren't the best examples. Both were older and declining players who had already won everything at club level and saw those moves as one last massive paycheck.

Players like Cavani and Falcao are the perfect examples of players you're talking about. Players who were in their prime an wanted by the biggest, most elite sides in world football but opted for huge money in a nothing league instead.
They're good examples. Both of them came back to European football on big wages. They should have never left but chose to do so because of the wages. Perfect examples of money being a big influence of career choices. Falcao and Cavani are the same.

I don't know if this has been posted somewhere amongst the Mourinho discussion but Benatia's agent has apparently told a Spanish reporter that he's not expecting to move.
http://www.todomercadoweb.es/mercad...o-agente-de-benatia-se-queda-en-la-roma-91471
"Hay sólo rumores de mercado. ¿Futuro en la Roma? Yo diría que sí".

Basically the question went - what's the story about Chelsea?:
"Just market rumours. Is his future in Rome? I would say so, yes."

Delaney is excellent, he has good sources at the club. Here's hoping.

Would regard Miguel as a solid source. He doesn't often put his name to these kind of stories and seems to value quality over quantity in terms of info. He was all over the Mata deal months before anyone else.

Let's hope it happens, reliable source. Still a big difference between being interested and actually buying him, as I'm not sure if £30m will be enough. We need a defender though.

Miguel also saying that LVG is getting frustrated with the lack of transfers, pretty interesting.

It is when you see the achievements of Guardiola, Klopp, Ancellotti, Simeone etc.
Calling Mourinho the best is laughable in those scenarios.

Haha what? Seriously? Mourinho won a treble with Inter, won the Champions League with Porto, not to mention titles in England and Spain. A formidable home record at all his sides. I don't like the guy but feck me, he is an absolutely class manager.

If Delaney is reliable, who are we 'turning' our attention from? Is the Rojo deal not working out or is it still in the pipeline?

He is referencing Hummels in that one.

If this Benatia story is true (and feck knows if it is) then I would guess we were always looking at signing two CBs, probably Hummels/Vermaelen. As both of those didn't work out we may be going for our back up options Benatia/Rojo. That would sort of make sense as they would be fairly like for like replacements in terms of their roles in the team, right?

Or maybe not. Trying to apply logic to the scraps of nonsense we hear is fairly pointless I guess.

If that's the case could,blind then be the fallback for Rojo? Argggggh this transfer malarkey is a cluster feck this season.

Think we could've ideally wanted two so if the Benatia interest is genuine then he'll have been the back up for Hummels & Rojo the back up for Vermaelen.

If we land this guy, think we'll revert to a back four and Van Gaal's 4-3-3?

Loon trying to sound like he knows tactics...

How reliable is this guy?

It'll be through Sky Sports sources that he'll have heard something, everything he's posted on his twitter this window has been right though as far as I can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.