Mehdi Benatia | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...wn-a-big-money-move-to-Manchester-United.html

I know he refers to forwards beforehand and the article concerns Reus, but he says he's 'happy with the squad'. Maybe it's an old quote they've resurrected today that came before any injuries.

He said that yesterday; everyone in Germany feels that this is only a tactical move to put asking prices down. We want at least another player.
Talk about Ander Iturraspe heating up too. Would make sense. He is a DM/CB hybrid guy if you know what I mean.

Sky Italia; deal between Bayern and Roma very close.
28+5 million bonus for Roma, 4 years for Benatia. Medical perhaps as early as tomorrow.

Would love him with us. One of the best around and in his prime.

Sky Italia; deal between Bayern and Roma very close.
28+5 million bonus for Roma, 4 years for Benatia. Medical perhaps as early as tomorrow.

Would love him with us. One of the best around and in his prime.

This is one deal woodie should make very hard for Bayern to complete, benatia is so good, I'd bid €40m for him.

Well Sky Italia talk shit, but still it wouldn't surprise me.

We get a story saying he is coming for talks, then straight away Bayern's name gets mentioned and the talk of him coming to us goes totally quiet. Too predictable.

Maybe we were all set to get him and Bayern turned his head. Not a question of money in that case.

Well Sky Italia talk shit, but still it wouldn't surprise me.

We get a story saying he is coming for talks, then straight away Bayern's name gets mentioned and the talk of him coming to us goes totally quiet. Too predictable.

They knew about Pep first but see your point. I thought the United talk story was coming from Tuttosport when Bayern were announced as close so they could sell a few papers.

This is one deal woodie should make very hard for Bayern to complete, benatia is so good, I'd bid €40m for him.

We need him. That could have turned out into a bid war. Maybe your board didnt want that.

They knew about Pep first but see your point. I thought the United talk story was coming from Tuttosport when Bayern were announced as close so they could sell a few papers.
I still don't think this is totally off.

That he goes to United? True.

Maybe you were close and then Bayern came in. And we can a better package atm. But I trust all that rumors when he is in München, not earlier.

So? Bayern isn't Madrid or Barcelona, no nice girls and sunshine I dont see why he should automatically pick Bayern over us.

Ain't surprised one bit. They won the league last season, we were 7th, would you blame him for choosing more stable club?

Maybe he wanted Champions League football like Sanchez. If thats the case then not much we could do.

What we should have done is made Vidal and Di Maria/Cuadrado our primary targets and bid for them like we meant it very early on, then we won't be scrambling during the last week of the window.

We could take a page from how Chelsea did their transfer business this year.

Yep. I dont see why Bayern in so much of an obvious choice over Manchester United.

To come to your "argument"; München is a great place, a world city. Great summers and the winters arent so bad either with the alps and so on. ;)
And we are in the top 3 clubs bracket atm. A team which is a level above United, a great coach, and a financial power(please no big talk again) which can rival anyone, United too(and yes, we pay more/as much as you).

To come to your "argument"; München is a great place, a world city. Great summers and the winters arent to bad either with the alps and so on. ;)
And we are in the top 3 clubs bracket atm. A team which is a level above United, a great coach, and a financial power(please no big talk again) which can rival anyone, United too(and yes, we pay more/as much as you).

Its just another cold wet city, we also have a great coach and if we didnt feck about and let players like Benatia go to you in the first place you wouldnt be a level above us would you?

Its just another cold wet city, we also have a great coach and if we didnt feck about and let players like Benatia go to you in the first place you wouldnt be a level above us would you?

If you say so. Didnt know that you live in München.
I would take the club that reached 4 CL semis in the last 5 years, won the CL and can offer at least United money with a better team. But hey, everyone does as he likes. Im out.

I' not sure if he's serious...
There's a huge difference between qualifying for CL football and being one of the main contenders for the title.
And from a player's perspective the last two transfer windows probably don't look that exciting.

Why is it when we're in for the top players they all cite 'the project' as the reason for turning us down, yet as soon as we've got one on our hands they all head for the safe clubs?

Oh wait, l£t m€ gu€$$...

What will this mean for Dante/Martinez (once he recovers) and Boateng?

Someone will eventually have to make-way once (if) they're all fully-fit.

What will this mean for Dante/Martinez (once he recovers) and Boateng?

Someone will eventually have to make-way once (if) they're all fully-fit.
Martinez moves back to his actual position possibly?

Only for one season ffs, were not Sunderland.

There's no guarantees that we'll make it back in. If anything the odds are worse that we will given the strength of our squad versus the other contenders.

Bayern are one of the best teams in the world right now, and also have the strength financially to maintain that.

Players also tend to look at the immediate future not long term so that's why you've got people like Reus and Muller turning down ridiculous offers from us, that's why Di Maria wanted to go to PSG and not us and so on.

Oh and much as I like Manchester, Munich is absolutely beautiful. It's a much, much nicer city with more to do. Granted this last one is just an opinion. Plus I bet it gets more sunshine than Manchester and Bavarian girls are absolutely lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.