Mehdi Benatia | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no guarantees that we'll make it back in. If anything the odds are worse that we will given the strength of our squad versus the other contenders.

Bayern are one of the best teams in the world right now, and also have the strength financially to maintain that.

Players also tend to look at the immediate future not long term so that's why you've got people like Reus and Muller turning down ridiculous offers from us, that's why Di Maria wanted to go to PSG and not us and so on.

Oh and much as I like Manchester, Munich is absolutely beautiful. It's a much, much nicer city with more to do. Granted this last one is just an opinion. Plus I bet it gets more sunshine than Manchester and Bavarian girls are absolutely lovely.
We never made an offer for Reus or Muller. I agree with the rest of the post though.

Between us and Bayern, latter is clearly the favorite to sign Benatia (if he leaves) unless he's somehow a die hard United fan. Even then that's not necessarily a deciding factor.

There's no guarantees that we'll make it back in. If anything the odds are worse that we will given the strength of our squad versus the other contenders.

Bayern are one of the best teams in the world right now, and also have the strength financially to maintain that.

Players also tend to look at the immediate future not long term so that's why you've got people like Reus and Muller turning down ridiculous offers from us, that's why Di Maria wanted to go to PSG and not us and so on.

Oh and much as I like Manchester, Munich is absolutely beautiful. It's a much, much nicer city with more to do. Granted this last one is just an opinion. Plus I bet it gets more sunshine than Manchester and Bavarian girls are absolutely lovely.

It actually rains in Munich slightly more than Manchester. However, it does rain on less days of the year. Its one of the rainest of the big cities in Germany but definitely has more things to do than Manchester.

It actually rains in Munich slightly more than Manchester. However, it does rain on less days of the year. Its one of the rainest of the big cities in Germany but definitely has more things to do than Manchester.

I was wondering when I typed it. All I remember is due to location it has a pretty damn decent climate, but then they said it never gets too hot in summer and last time I was there in summer it was about 36 degrees + added being in a city temperature. Very stuffy.

A maß of Paulaner, Löwenbrau or Hacker-Pschorr sorted that right out though.

Between us and Bayern, latter is clearly the favorite to sign Benatia (if he leaves) unless he's somehow a die hard United fan. Even then that's not necessarily a deciding factor.

The deciding factor is who offers Roma closest to £35m.

Martinez moves back to his actual position possibly?

You'd say so. Especially if what (according to the Balu and co.) Pep said about Badstuber is true - that being he's the best defender he's worked with/seen.

If they all make full recoveries Bayern could potentially have - Boateng, Badstuber, Benatia, Dante and Martinez as CB options.

Martinez would have to move back into the midfield, or someone else will have to make way.

Of course I should've said, assuming both clubs offer similar money and wages.

Bayern want to pay around £25 for him, he is so good we should just bid £35 and price them out of the move...just like how psg scooped Lucas from us....if we want him we could get him....but we won't!

It would seem a bit daft if we're not willing to pay 35m for him when our defence is in such a mess, yet don't blink at paying that for others.

Bayern want to pay around £25 for him, he is so good we should just bid £35 and price them out of the move...just like how psg scooped Lucas from us....if we want him we could get him....but we won't!
It'd be stupid of us to pass up on Benatia if Bayern are paying only 25 million euros for him, but then I wouldn't be surprised seeing such a mess of a transfer window last season.

It would seem a bit daft if we're not willing to pay 35m for him when our defence is in such a mess, yet don't blink at paying that for others.

... It sadly that seems to be exactly what's going on, we should be blowing other clubs out of the water to get to Di Maria and benatia.

It'd be stupid of us to pass up on Benatia if Bayern are paying only 25 million euros for him, but then I wouldn't be surprised seeing such a mess of a transfer window last season.

2 words ...Ed Woodward.

... It sadly that seems to be exactly what's going on, we should be blowing other clubs out of the water to get to Di Maria and benatia.

That's as good as it's going to get, especially now. Those 2 and a midfielder are ideal, and it seems we could have these done if we wanted. There are obviously reasons we can't see that we haven't/won't.

That's as good as it's going to get, especially now. Those 2 and a midfielder are ideal, and it seems we could have these done if we wanted. There are obviously reasons we can't see that we haven't/won't.

We can easily scoop those two and Lucas silva and make a title run, it is all within out grasp and still salvageable...whether anyone at old trafford can get Woodward to do his job is another matter entirely.

We can easily scoop those two and Lucas silva and make a title run, it is all within out grasp and still salvageable...whether anyone at old trafford can get Woodward to do his job is another matter entirely.
Maybe Van Gaal just doesn't want these players.. Woodward could be the one to blame here but we can't be entirely sure.

Never seen this Lucas play, but hey, he's South American so he must be good. The 3 of them would more than likely add 100m onto the 72m we've already shelled out. But i guess that's where Ed puts his money where his mouth is. I just can't help think that these deals seem pretty straightforward, and if it was merely a case of slapping the big red wallet down they'd have been done by now.

I was wondering when I typed it. All I remember is due to location it has a pretty damn decent climate, but then they said it never gets too hot in summer and last time I was there in summer it was about 36 degrees + added being in a city temperature. Very stuffy.

A maß of Paulaner, Löwenbrau or Hacker-Pschorr sorted that right out though.

Indeed. Its actually raining in Munich as we speak

You'd say so. Especially if what (according to the Balu and co.) Pep said about Badstuber is true - that being he's the best defender he's worked with/seen.

If they all make full recoveries Bayern could potentially have - Boateng, Badstuber, Benatia, Dante and Martinez as CB options.

Martinez would have to move back into the midfield, or someone else will have to make way.
There were a few rumours that Pep isn't the biggest fan of Dante, which makes sense. While he had a very good first season with us, he's probably our weakest centerback for quite a while now. If we continue to play with 3 at the back, then there should be room for 3 centerbacks + Martinez or even 4 centerbacks + Martinez if Alaba moves into midfield. The huge question is who will replace Martinez in the middle of the back three though. Anyway, I could see Dante leaving at the end of next season, if we sign Benatia and Badstuber and Martinez both fully recover.

So, it looks like this will be the only transfer reported by Jim White this summer that didn't happen... feck our luck.

Forget LVG and Woody it is the Glazer's money they are asking to spend, and the Glaver's are never going to blow anyone out of the water with huge bids.

And they reject him as well then he comes back with 18.7m . Then few hours before the deadline he comes with 35m :lol:

ha, sounds about right.

To be honest do you think we will buy another CB after Rojo? I hope so, a back four of Rafael Benatia Rojo Shaw
would be very nice.

ha, sounds about right.

To be honest do you think we will buy another CB after Rojo? I hope so, a back four of Rafael Benatia Rojo Shaw
would be very nice.
The balance :drool:

Forget LVG and Woody it is the Glazer's money they are asking to spend, and the Glaver's are never going to blow anyone out of the water with huge bids.
I could never see Glazers spend £120m or so on players in a year.

To come back to reliable information and not some twitter shit, which you seem obsessed with, it seems that Bayern and Benatia have agreed a contract and Bayern is slowly nearing the point of agreement with AS Roma at about 35 million €.

ha, sounds about right.

would be very nice.
Yes we could buy but then we buy either Di maria or Vidal.

Italian teams don't sell cheap so i have no idea what bayern are attempting to do. Perhaps they're trying to get him to force the deal through which I doubt he will. At least as its being reported his agent knows where the money is, we give under-performers big contracts so I'm sure we could put together an attractive one for whats basically the best defender around. How are we willing to splash so much dosh on a kideo leftback yet struggle to go hard to get him?

Status
Not open for further replies.