Mehdi Benatia | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
He said a lot of things that are untrue, doesn't make him a liar, but to say he has never told a lie in his career especially when is was for the greater good is silly.

Or lets look at it from another angle, he just sold arguably the second best player in the world (if not the best) for £80m and replaced him with Valencia and didn't invest the rest of the money into the squad (when we clearly had CM issues)

He did this because he thought it was the best thing to do, nothing to do with trying to keep the club finances intact.

I agree with everything you have been saying regarding the Glazers, it makes perfect sense.

I remember LVG saying it takes 24 hours to complete a transfer as long as all parties are in agreement. So what's the hold up? we have money, clubs are willing to sell at the right price and players are willing to move (e.g Vidal), the only explanation is the Glazers.

Everyone knows we need a few more players, LVG wants players, there are 12 more days left in the transfer window and we haven't had any concrete reports that we have bid for any players apart for Rojo, that really is astonishing. Something is not right and it all points back to the owners.

Sorry if this has been covered but what's this lad like. Never seen him but pub talk has led me to believe he's a John Terry type player (minus the racism). That anywhere close to being true?

Sorry if this has been covered but what's this lad like. Never seen him but pub talk has led me to believe he's a John Terry type player (minus the racism). That anywhere close to being true?
I don't know if he's a racist, but he's one beast of a defender. Terry comparison strikes for me.

If you ask for translation; exclusiv visit @FCBayern: A.Wacker went to boss Rummenigge part of the talk was Benatia then the name of the channel and show they had the stuff on.
He is the so called "agent" of Benatia. He will have something to do with him. Sport1 wouldnt go so far without that fact.

No prob.

To the news; cant see us Bayern go out of the race because of 30 million.
Now talks about Godin.
You know what; the Sport1 guy said on TV that Benatia wouldnt be the last one.
Perhaps Benatia right and Godin in the middle for a 3 men defense.
Would be expensive but with Schweinisinjuries we need Lahm in CM.

No prob.

To the news; cant see us Bayern go out of the race because of 30 million.
Now talks about Godin.
You know what; the Sport1 guy said on TV that Benatia wouldnt be the last one.
Perhaps Benatia right and Godin in the middle for a 3 men defense.
Would be expensive but with Schweinisinjuries we need Lahm in CM.
What would Lahm have to do with Bayern buying two CB's? Surely he isn't planned as CB, but as DM or RWB anyways in the current system.

Where have I even said that? I said what is stopping the deal, and no where has there been any reports saying we have been quoted anything near £100m

Learn the difference between a statement and an implication.

I said you implied, you are not doing very good in this discussion are you?

Good. Now feck off Chelsea and let's get this deal wrapped up.

This is based on completely unreliable Twitter stuff about Reschke being in Madrid, which was then reported by the TZ (Sun-like) and linked with our past interest in Godin. It's absolutely stupid, he has a buyout clause at 36 million € and is 2 years older, why would we bail out for Benatia and then pay more for Godin than for him?

It's also possible that, now that Schweinsteiger is injured, Reschke is in Madrid for Di Maria or Isco.

I didn't imply it, or say it. To imply means I suggested or indicated it, which I didn't.
Lets not get personal it is not needed.

I didn't imply it, or say it. To imply means I suggested or indicated it, which I didn't.
Lets not get personal it is not needed.

You claimed I said that you said something. In my post I said that you implied something so then I asked you why on earth did you think I said that you said something, I'm merely asking you to actually read the post properly.

It's actually quite funny, you bolded this and responded directly to it:

On the Vidal point, if their price is about £100m, you are once again implying we should pay it :lol:

And then you responded with:

Where have I even said that?

It's funny because in the bolded bit I made clear you implied it and then you responded thinking I said that you stated it. Now you've looked up the meaning of 'imply' you are acting all clever thinking you knew what it meant all along lol

You claimed I said that you said something. In my post I said that you implied something so then I asked you why on earth did you think I said that you said something, I'm merely asking you to actually read the post properly.

It's funny because in the bolded bit I made clear you implied it and then you responded thinking I said that you stated it. Now you've looked up the meaning of 'imply' you are acting all clever thinking you knew what it meant all along lol
The Empire strikes back :wenger:

I feel like I've used that pun before.

Ok so this is what you actually said:

To which I responded by saying I didn't imply or say it.

What would Lahm have to do with Bayern buying two CB's? Surely he isn't planned as CB, but as DM or RWB anyways in the current system.

Benatia as a RB in that picture. A Sportbild guy brought this up in the last "Doppelpass" show.
A TV show on sundays. He seemed convinced that we play with that idea;

Alaba Godin Benatia

Benatia as a RB in that picture. A Sportbild guy brought this up in the last "Doppelpass" show.
A TV show on sundays. He seemed convinced that we play with that idea;

Alaba Godin Benatia
You mean right-centre-back?
Generally a good idea, but you've still Dante and Boateng, 2 players would be overstocking, one would be fine and actually needed too.

Isn't badstuber back in contention as well?
Pre-injury he looked well on his way to becoming one of the best in the world

Yes. I agree with you. He looked great at CB, was even a good LB. His talent was praised by many and Im happy that he won the treble with his half season.
But we have to consider that he played one serious game after 20! months and that was against a 3. Bundesliga team.
And he had 2 cruciate ruptures in that time. We cant built on him. IF he plays this season and keeps a good level then we can trust him again. Dante isnt getting younger and his contract is up in 2 years.

You mean right-centre-back?
Generally a good idea, but you've still Dante and Boateng, 2 players would be overstocking, one would be fine and actually needed too.

Yes. But I think that Dante would be the man for Godin and Jerome for Benatia. And we will play so many games that everyone will have his turn.

You guys should sign Di Maria and then play this team

Neuer
Boateng, Dante, Badstuber
Di Maria, Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Alaba
Robben, Lewandowski, Müller

Bench: Reina, Bernat, Hojbjerg, Shaqiri, Ribery, Götze, Pizarro

Injured: Thiago, Javi Martinez

We cant trust Badstuber. We cant. We will sign another defender.
Thiago said today that he can return in september.
Nice team so. I love Di Maria but our offense is good enough.
Götze belongs in the first team. Didi Hamann just called him europes best talent.
I really hope that the WC win and his goal will left the big pressure. He can do anything.

We cant trust Badstuber. We cant. We will sign another defender.
Thiago said today that he can return in september.
Nice team so. I love Di Maria but our offense is good enough.
Götze belongs in the first team. Didi Hamann just called him europes best talent.
I really hope that the WC win and his goal will left the big pressure. He can do anything.
I don't think he'll play a lot
Badstuber: But Godin or Benatia aren't left-footed and you need a left-footed player in a 3-4-3 system. But of course Badstuber needs time.

Götze: I don't think he should be in the starting XI. Lewandowski, Müller and Robben are all better players. Götze has of course world-class talent...but i feel the World Cup final goal will help him in the next years with poor games ("but he has scored the winning goal in a World Cup final" will be the most spoken sentence about him).
Great player and the injuries haven't helped him last season but like said Lewandowski, Müller and Robben would play in my team.

I don't think he'll play a lot
Badstuber: But Godin or Benatia aren't left-footed and you need a left-footed player in a 3-4-3 system. But of course Badstuber needs time.

Götze: I don't think he should be in the starting XI. Lewandowski, Müller and Robben are all better players. Götze has of course world-class talent...but i feel the World Cup final goal will help him in the next years with poor games ("but he has scored the winning goal in a World Cup final" will be the most spoken sentence about him).
Great player and the injuries haven't helped him last season but like said Lewandowski, Müller and Robben would play in my team.

We will see about the defensive guy. See your point but the guy in the middle can live with a right food game.

Götze and Lewa know each other, trust each other. And we havent a starting 11. More 13 or 14 guys who come in. Götze will have his chances. I hope he takes the next step. Messi exploded around 21/22.

Gone a bit quiet on this one. Bayern heavily linked this morning but then this from Guardiola: "I do not need new players. I am pleased with this squad."

Unless he's bullshitting to keep prices low it would seem Bayern are sorted?

Gone a bit quiet on this one. Bayern heavily linked this morning but then this from Guardiola: "I do not need new players. I am pleased with this squad."

Well its pretty obvious isn't it? He already came out and said he needs a defender. They are offering €24m for him and Roma are holding out for €34m in the knowledge that Bayern are desperate for a CB with their injuries.... so now Pep comes out and says they're not desperate.

Well its pretty obvious isn't it? He already came out and said he needs a defender. They are offering €24m for him and Roma are holding out for €34m in the knowledge that Bayern are desperate for a CB with their injuries.... so now Pep comes out and says they're not desperate.

Yes, that what I suggested in my second para. Nice you agree :)

looks like both clubs are just trying to squeeze out the best possible deal. Apparently bayern is willing to offer 24m+bonuses. That will be around 30m in total. At this point I would be surprised if both sides dont come to an agreement.

Were have you read this? He said something like this weeks ago, but not today. So, it's quite simply wrong. The links to Benatia seem to intensify, L'Equipe and Bild reporting the move this morning.

Were have you read this? He said something like this weeks ago, but not today. So, it's quite simply wrong. The links to Benatia seem to intensify, L'Equipe and Bild reporting the move this morning.

I read it on a link today. Will try to find it again when I get chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.