Mehdi Benatia | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only have ourselves to blame.

Had all summer to sign him. Bayern get an injury and they after him within a few days.

We lose 3 of our greatest defenders and sign one defender. Logic.

we are shit at transfers thats what happened, woodward is useless and the glazers are tossers

How hard is it to understand that Benatia will cost €35m+?
All Ed has to do is bid €35m...it isnt rocket science!
This is crazy man.

9fs3n5.jpg

Huh?

http://translate.googleusercontent....9.html&usg=ALkJrhg2cM8BkMKoIrtUvT2dO357ONoKSA

There's more context in these last two articles that I posted, I can only hope we are not really interested and still in the frame

fecking Jim White. Guys a crackhead. How would a presenter like him be ITK unless he got told beforehand by the company he works for?
Could be getting this all wrong but surely he wouldn't be ITK much. The journos who write the articles and the reporters who go to the conferences and get about are the ones with contacts, not an ancient presenter, I'd say.

I don't know why everyone got their hopes up. You should know not to given the way we're linked to players all the time. I think a lot of anger towards Woodward is generated by the absurd speculation in the media linking us to every man and his dog.

I honestly think its our greedy owners who wont part with the cash!

That makes no sense they would sanction deals for Shaw and Herrera that cost more money, 35m isnt that much for a top tier CB in todays market....david luiz cost 50m!

That makes no sense they would sanction deals for Shaw and Herrera that cost more money, 35m isnt that much for a top tier CB in todays market....david luiz cost 50m!

Also if they are so greedy then surely they want to make more money not less therefore it stands to reason they will invest into their product to ensure it is competitive with the best in the world.

Also if they are so greedy then surely they want to make more money not less therefore it stands to reason they will invest into their product to ensure it is competitive with the best in the world.

Exactly, common sense dictates that they are prepared to financially back the club when it comes to transfers....ed must be the roadblock.

Exactly, common sense dictates that they are prepared to financially back the club when it comes to transfers....ed must be the roadblock.

The last 7 years (even longer actually) tells me otherwise.

I'm hoping Louis van Gaal wanted to assess some more players back in England before giving the green light.

This game just gone seemed to be an audition for Fellaini and also for Januzaj to show what he can do since 4-2-1-3 will be on his mind if 3-5-2 doesn't work out.

I would be surprised if Di Maria does not move clubs due to how stacked Real Madrid are and also I would be surprised if Louis van Gaal was not interested.

The last 7 years tells me otherwise.

Their product was one of the best in the world prior to this, they did not invest.

Their product is no longer one of the best in the world, they will invest.

When it suits you the Glazers are greedy businessman but now it does not suit you they are not business like at all because a businessman would understand in order to multiply his cash he must invest.

If we are to accept they want more deals like that Adidas one so they can be even more wealthy then how can we also accept they are willing to neglect their product so they make less money?

I'm confused...

Their product was one of the best in the world prior to this, they did not invest.

Their product is no longer one of the best in the world, they will invest.

When it suits you the Glazers are greedy businessman but now it does not suit you they are not business like at all because a businessman would understand in order to multiply his cash he must invest.

If we are to accept they want more deals like that Adidas one so they can be even more wealthy then how can we also accept they are willing to neglect their product so they make less money?

I'm confused...

So you reckon we actually have all this money to splash and its just the fact the Ed can't close the deals? Ok... When you are a negotiator with unlimited funds you don't have any issues closing deals, you have a problem when your hands are tied.

How hard is it to buy players when money is no object, lets be real

I'm hoping Louis van Gaal wanted to assess some more players back in England before giving the green light.

This game just gone seemed to be an audition for Fellaini and also for Januzaj to show what he can do since 4-2-1-3 will be on his mind if 3-5-2 doesn't work out.

I would be surprised if Di Maria does not move clubs due to how stacked Real Madrid are and also I would be surprised if Louis van Gaal was not interested.

LVG mentioned ADM by name, I think he has made it clear he is interested. I think we have a solid chance at getting him.

By all reports SAF was very much against big money transfers , hence the "no value in the market" line

Or maybe he was covering for the owners.
So against big money transfers he spent £30m+ on Berbatov

So you reckon we actually have all this money to splash and its just the fact the Ed can't close the deals? Ok... When you are a negotiator with unlimited funds you don't have any issues closing deals, you have a problem when your hands are tied.

How hard is it to buy players when money is no object, lets be real

You understand little about business.

I am saying in business you do not throw cash around like a child, you invest wisely. Offering £100m for Vidal is unwise for instance :lol:

Yeah I won't respond much further, if you think it is normal for a business person to say right I value this thing here at £40m but I want to give instead for it £150m, if you think that's the way to go then may god help you.

I am saying in business you do not throw cash around like a child, you invest wisely. Offering £100m for Vidal is unwise for instance :lol:

Yeah I won't respond much further, if you think it is normal for a business person to say right I value this thing here at £40m but I want to give instead for it £150m, if you think that's the way to go then may god help you.

In this instance if we do not at least invest in those players, United's stock will continue to drop and it will cost more in the long run.

In this instance if we do not at least invest in those players, United's stock will continue to drop and it will cost more in the long run.

Correct, the owners would realise an investment of that nature would only cause the stock price to rise higher as well. It just makes financial sense, and at the end of the day i think thats all the Glazers care about.

I doubt you think we should pay £150m for either Di Maria or Vidal.

We should have a price and be willing to go slightly over this valuation due to the special circumstances since it will save us money in the long run. What we should not do is simply splash out like the other poster suggested, I would not make Vidal the most expensive player in the world because he isn't worth £90m to us.

Thats not even what I am saying though is it? You are saying the Glazers are not the issue and that the problem is Ed, they are willing to invest but he can't do his job.

The value of a player is not only what his market value is, but what the player is worth to you.

Was Bale's market value £85m? No probably not but that what it took to get him out of Spurs.

Who said anything about offering £100m for Vidal, lets say we want Vidal and he wants to come to us and Juve have a price, what is stopping the deal?

Eds incompetence or the club as a whole not willing to meet Juves valuation, given past events I will go with the latter.

He said the owners backed him.

Go on, call him a liar, call him a yes man.

He said a lot of things that are untrue, doesn't make him a liar, but to say he has never told a lie in his career especially when is was for the greater good is silly.

Or lets look at it from another angle, he just sold arguably the second best player in the world (if not the best) for £80m and replaced him with Valencia and didn't invest the rest of the money into the squad (when we clearly had CM issues)

He did this because he thought it was the best thing to do, nothing to do with trying to keep the club finances intact.

If Bayern are interested we should just back off unless we are seriously contemplating on offering significantly higher wages than them.

If you ask for translation; exclusiv visit @FCBayern: A.Wacker went to boss Rummenigge part of the talk was Benatia then the name of the channel and show they had the stuff on.
He is the so called "agent" of Benatia. He will have something to do with him. Sport1 wouldnt go so far without that fact.

I'm not saying it all ends with this guy, but in term of quality and top class potential who else is available?

I couldn't come up with any name. The way I look at it if we aren't interested in top tier players and just want to have another season of low expectations and hoping/aiming for top four finish we might as well stick with what we've got and give the kids a run this year.

I doubt you think we should pay £150m for either Di Maria or Vidal.

We should have a price and be willing to go slightly over this valuation due to the special circumstances since it will save us money in the long run. What we should not do is simply splash out like the other poster suggested, I would not make Vidal the most expensive player in the world because he isn't worth £90m to us.

No, I agree with that. We need to buy wisely, but there has to be an understanding that we are gong to take a loss initially.

I personally believe De Jong, Rojo, Blind and Vlar gets us through January or Summer helping get us at least 4th, then grabbing Strootman, Reus and one big name CB.

I'm not saying it all ends with this guy, but in term of quality and top class potential who else is available?

I couldn't come up with any name. The way I look at it if we aren't interested in top tier players and just want to have another season of low expectations and hoping/aiming for top four finish we might as well stick with what we've got and give the kids a run this year.

It's not often that someone of Benatia's quality becomes available as well...with both vidic and rio gone this is one signing we really should have wrapped up as a soon as the window opened, right after shaw and Herrera.

If shaw and Herrera were on the agenda, why wasn't a CB?
We needed at least one.

He said a lot of things that are untrue, doesn't make him a liar, but to say he has never told a lie in his career especially when is was for the greater good is silly.

Or lets look at it from another angle, he just sold arguably the second best player in the world (if not the best) for £80m and replaced him with Valencia and didn't invest the rest of the money into the squad (when we clearly had CM issues)

He did this because he thought it was the best thing to do, nothing to do with trying to keep the club finances intact.

Phil Jones got a lot of games in central midfield, you think it is not at all possible he wanted to develop him because he thought he was a top talent but didn't see him getting games in central defence? You think it is not at all possible he thought Carrick and Scholes could do a job? You think it is not at all possible he thought Cleverley and Anderson would be much better than they were? You think it is not at all possible he thought Pogba would stay?

We had central midfield issues but he had solutions in the squad, it just so happened he made errors with Pogba, Cleverley and Anderson and also he was reliant on Paul Scholes because he was so brilliant and he knew exactly how to use Giggs, he was also aware Fletcher would return and would want to assess his recovery.

His final season also showed he was playing with the idea of converting Rooney to a central midfielder. De Rossi wanted to come to United according to his manager that summer Moyes took charge and we were strongly linked with Alcantara & Strootman, I doubt he would have gone one more season without buying.

Valencia was also fantastic for us to begin with and he got handed the number 7 shirt for this, clearly he saw something in him but then he just flopped.

There are many angles we can look at these things from but all we know is that he stated on many occasions the owners backed him.

Thats not even what I am saying though is it? You are saying the Glazers are not the issue and that the problem is Ed, they are willing to invest but he can't do his job.

The value of a player is not only what his market value is, but what the player is worth to you.

Was Bale's market value £85m? No probably not but that what it took to get him out of Spurs.

Who said anything about offering £100m for Vidal, lets say we want Vidal and he wants to come to us and Juve have a price, what is stopping the deal?

Eds incompetence or the club as a whole not willing to meet Juves valuation, given past events I will go with the latter.

You are putting words into my mouth, well done noob.

Show me where I said that.

On the Vidal point, if their price is about £100m, you are once again implying we should pay it :lol:

What is stopping the deal? It's a bad investment, how do you not understand this?

Yeah Ed is incompetent because he won't pay £100m for Vidal :rolleyes:

If you ask for translation; exclusiv visit @FCBayern: A.Wacker went to boss Rummenigge part of the talk was Benatia then the name of the channel and show they had the stuff on.
He is the so called "agent" of Benatia. He will have something to do with him. Sport1 wouldnt go so far without that fact.
That's what I wanted to know, if he's his agent or not. Thanks.

You are putting words into my mouth, well done noob.

Show me where I said that.

On the Vidal point, if their price is about £100m, you are once again implying we should pay it :lol:

What is stopping the deal? It's a bad investment, how do you not understand this?

Yeah Ed is incompetent because he won't pay £100m for Vidal :rolleyes:

Where have I even said that? I said what is stopping the deal, and no where has there been any reports saying we have been quoted anything near £100m

So many clubs chasing CB's this summer and they all somehow managed to let Garay go to Russia cut price.

Still don't get it.

Nobody in Russia believes in this price though - there is probably a scheme for Benfica to avoid ridiculous payment to Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.