Mehdi Benatia | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can blow Bayern out the water in terms of transfer fee and wages.

I wouldn't blame him if he goes there though. What I will blame is that we had all summer to get him. He didn't even play in the World Cup.

Again; our wage structure is around yours. Was bigger in 2013. And is probably bigger now, with Lewa and Reina.
You cant. And I dont mean that in a bad way. I just state facts to bring the right picture.

About Benatia:

New reports in Germany point to him going there.. His people are in Munchen according to Sport1.de

http://www.sport1.de/de/fussball/fussball_bundesliga/artikel_938019.html
we will never know for sure but does anybody else suspect that if we had bid 30 million a couple of weeks ago (before the extent of bayerns injuries were known) we could have had it all finalised and even used the player against swansea (and who knows perhaps got a different result)

No point leaving it till deadline day anyway as they will miss 10% of the season then spend another 10% getting to know the team / what is expected of them

The problem is that much of your deadwood are on high wages and won't be willing to accept any move that involves a cut. And the number of clubs that will be able and willing to pay them such wages is almost vanishingly small.

This. Plus, our track record of handing out big wages to average signings like Fellaini and Young makes me sceptical that we will give the likes of Rojo and Blind "entry level" wages.

Jose should still sign him up if the bit about preferring Munich or Chelsea is true. Would be our best transfer summer ever and I would say Mikel and Cech could move on to cover the limit.

So many clubs chasing CB's this summer and they all somehow managed to let Garay go to Russia cut price.

Still don't get it.

Seems Sky were wrong on this then.

Just odd because they ran with this story unilaterally almost.

I'm not reading any more of this shit , my heads up my arse !
He so called flew to manchester saturday , then was seen flying to munich on sunday ..... when all along he was sat at home with his fez on being offered a new contract by Roma !!
Well i be damned !!!

Heres the propoer english translation of what Di Marzio has reported:

"Despite the attractive suitors, Roma want to keep Benatia. In the past days, the agent of the Moroccan defender met Bayern Munich to understand their real intentions, but the summit was indecisive. Roma haven’t received any offer. In the next days, his representative will talk with Roma to discuss the extension and the pay raise. The parties seem willing to reach an agreement, the renewal appears to be only a formality. The European top clubs attempt to buy Benatia, but Roma don’t give up and try to lock down their star defender."

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calc...t-to-discuss-the-extension-and-bayern-munich/

"Despite the attractive suitors, Roma want to keep Benatia. In the past days, the agent of the Moroccan defender met Bayern Munich to understand their real intentions, but the summit was indecisive. Roma haven’t received any offer. In the next days, his representative will talk with Roma to discuss the extension and the pay raise. The parties seem willing to reach an agreement, the renewal appears to be only a formality. The European top clubs attempt to buy Benatia, but Roma don’t give up and try to lock down their star defender."

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calc...t-to-discuss-the-extension-and-bayern-munich/

Sounds like we need to throw the bank at them.

Sound like "we want BIG money". Sport1 talked about 40 million euros.

If the price is €40m, then pay the fecking fee! We've spent similar amounts on less talented players this summer so if we're willing to pay that much for Herrera and Shaw, then splurge on someone we desperately need in Benatia. Benatia is also more value for money than the other two as well so we should have no qualms about the fee.

Bayern is the only interested club. My emotions right now, in that order: :lol::(:nervous::rolleyes::wenger:

Weird that sky got it wrong, I had real hopes he could be our new Vidic... guess this is what happens when you dont plan appropriately and you have a shit CEO.

Vidal and Benatia should be ours, instead we'll get Rojo and Blind.

9fs3n5.jpg

Huh?

Dimarzio:
"Emerged in the last minutes that the agent of the defender will meet Roma’s Sabatini tomorrow. They will discuss the potential extension and the pay raise. An important contractual offer could lead to a complete agreement between the parties. Or maybe there’ll be a delay or even a break up. The scenarios are not defined yet, meanwhile Bayern Munich are pursuing him. The German club is the only one that is really interested in Benatia, they are willing to offer €25M plus bonuses, to be paid in two years. The bid is too low compared to Roma’s price tag. Tomorrow could be the day of truth for Benatia"

Bayern low balling.

Roma would want atleast 15 million euros more i'd imagine. If we were interested we'd surely pay that and make Bayern pay up.

That is shocking to me... when I saw the Sky report I thought it to be 100% true....wonder what happened.

They are still largely reliable after the BBC. No one has 100% sources, tbf.

Status
Not open for further replies.