Just looked on sky sports
It is not one of the headlines
Looked under the football section
And it is not one of the headlines
Then looked under the transfer section
It is still not one of the headlines
Nor is it breaking news
It's right up there on the main site.

I doubt we were ever in for him, but it amazes me that even though we've known all summer that we needed a quality defender we've only been linked to vermaelen and rojo.

It'd be amazing if bayern could seal this deal this fast after martinez's injury.

So is he in Manchester now or still in Italy waiting on Bayern?
Has anyone seen him? I thought i saw him struggling to get a tenner to go into the self service at Tesco in Piccadilly this morning.

Could have been just a mirage!

I doubt we were ever in for him, but it amazes me that even though we've known all summer that we needed a quality defender we've only been linked to vermaelen and rojo.

It'd be amazing if bayern could seal this deal this fast after martinez's injury.
That's what Woodward wants you to think. We've tried to save face numerous times this season.

Looks like Benatia's agent is desperately trying to engineer his client a move.....I guess we will find out more soon but if Bayern are after him then we can forget about him but maybe we could offer him a lot more than Bayern would be willing to offer him....maybe his agent is trying to scare us into offering him loads by linking him with Bayern...anyways he is exactly what we need right now

If we get him: He chose us over Bayern because we're the biggest club in the world

If we dont get him: We were never interested in him in the first place

Why do Bayern need him again? I know Martinez is injured but they have Dante and Boateng don't they?

I've been off the grid for the last couple of days but is the entire reason people are upset by Bayern apparently being about to sign him that tweet from that Sky Sports gibbon saying we're going to get him? I don't really see how that's a failure on our part if so.

I've been off the grid for the last couple of days but is the entire reason people are upset by Bayern apparently being about to sign him that tweet from that Sky Sports gibbon saying we're going to get him? I don't really see how that's a failure on our part if so.
Just missing out on another big player. Oh and the telegraph said Roma quoted a price of £30m and we weren't willing to reach it. Take that with a pinch of salt of course but it's not exactly encouraging signs when we 'go' after so many big players but sign nobody.

Just missing out on another big player. Oh and the telegraph said Roma quoted a price of £30m and we weren't willing to reach it. Take that with a pinch of salt of course but it's not exactly encouraging signs when we 'go' after so many big players but sign nobody.

Becoming like Arsenal it seems, pretend to splash cash and hope a good manager can get us top 4

I'm late to the "Flying to the UK" rumor but i he doesn't use the same airline as Woody, otherwise he might not get here for 4 months.

The failure is not acting before start of season. Bayern would not have been in for him as they are acting after Martinez injury. Poor planning again

What the feck is garn on
I don't think anyone has any idea at all.
Sky seem to think Benatia is coming to United, with no mention of Bayern at all, whereas SportsBild say a deal is nearly done to join Bayern. Meanwhile, Roma say he's not leaving at all, and no one is close to signing him. I don't think anyone has any idea whats going on

Just looked on sky sports
It is not one of the headlines
Looked under the football section
And it is not one of the headlines
Then looked under the transfer section
It is still not one of the headlines
Nor is it breaking news

Nice poem, better if it Rhymed though!

I don't think anyone has any idea at all.
Sky seem to think Benatia is coming to United, with no mention of Bayern at all, whereas SportsBild say a deal is nearly done to join Bayern. Meanwhile, Roma say he's not leaving at all, and no one is close to signing him. I don't think anyone has any idea whats going on

Surely sky sports are more reliable tan SportsBild?

It's the fact that no one else at all, Ducker, Ogden, etc haven't said anything that makes me think it aint happening.

It's the fact that no one else at all, Ducker, Ogden, etc haven't said anything that makes me think it aint happening.

I doubt that. Bild easily have the best sources in German football, especially at Bayern. There was a 'scandal' just a few months ago, because they had a mole in Bayern's dressing room who fed them line ups and tactical instructions.
I'm pretty sure that if their chief editor explicitly calls a transfer on live TV they will have credible sources.

And sky is British.

Last edited:
Becoming like Arsenal it seems, pretend to splash cash and hope a good manager can get us top 4

We have actually spent a fair bit of cash but we need to actually get a few more players in who can improve us immediately, not players like that bog brush.

Sky once ran fake quotes by Götze that Reus wants to join United that some random person had apparently made up on twitter. Makes me wonder how reliable are Sky?

Bild on the other hand have huge connections to Bayern.

I doubt that. Bild easily have the best sources in German football, especially at Bayern. There was a 'scandal' just a few months ago, because they had a mole in Bayern's dressing room who fed them line ups and tactical instructions.
I'm pretty sure that if their chief editor explicitly calls a transfer on live TV they will have credible sources.

Well if Bayern come in and just sign him from a standing start within a few days of getting Martinez injured, then my word it'll expose us for what we are in the transfer market.

I do use the word if though because i'm not convinced just yet.

Well if Bayern come in and just sign him from a standing start within a few days of getting Martinez injured, then my word it'll expose us for what we are in the transfer market.

I do use the word if though because i'm not convinced just yet.
Absolutely.

And sky is British.
It's based in Britain but it's Australian... or so I believe

Status
Not open for further replies.