Mehdi Benatia | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just fecking pay up, his club values him at x amount and we are desperate and rich. Pay the fecking fee already. Christ this is frustrating. Same goes for Vidal.

Just fecking pay up, his club values him at x amount and we are desperate and rich. Pay the fecking fee already. Christ this is frustrating. Same goes for Vidal.

Bayern showed they weren't prepared to pay big wages with Kroos as well.

We could easily trump them in that regard, which would make up for the fact that they are probably a more attractive destination at this time. If thirty million is the price we should just pay it and get him.

Bayern showed they weren't prepared to pay big wages with Kroos as well.

We could easily trump them in that regard, which would make up for the fact that they are probably a more attractive destination at this time. If thirty million is the price we should just pay it and get him.

I think with Kroos, it was more that they didn't value him that highly (shows the ridiculous amount of talent they have). It's simple really, if I have a car that I value at 20k and I'm not desperate to sell, then I won't sell unless I get 20k.

:lol::lol::lol:

That fan behind Allardyce throwing his bottle down... Reminded me of this

g1366143378974672575.jpg

I tend to agree. Whilst I'm in favour of giving youth a chance, there is a serious deficiency within the squad. In order to go part way to fixing that we have to pay. There is no point delaying over a load of tosh. Pay the fee, pay the wages, sign the players. Not signing the players needed is almost as frustrating as why we can't seem to keep players fit nowadays.

I tend to agree. Whilst I'm in favour of giving youth a chance, there is a serious deficiency within the squad. In order to go part way to fixing that we have to pay. There is no point delaying over a load of tosh. Pay the fee, pay the wages, sign the players. Not signing the players needed is almost as frustrating as why we can't seem to keep players fit nowadays.

I understand if it was a luxury signing. We were never going to pay £40m for RvP for example. But this guy and Vidal are an absolute must if we want this club to go back to where it should be. I don't know who's fault this is, but the fans need to make themselves heard. I'm having a bit of a meltdown as I have been feeling like shit since our loss yesterday.

I understand if it was a luxury signing. We were never going to pay £40m for RvP for example. But this guy and Vidal are an absolute must if we want this club to go back to where it should be. I don't know who's fault this is, but the fans need to make themselves heard. I'm having a bit of a meltdown as I have been feeling like shit since our loss yesterday.

Everyone has to be honest. I refused to watch MOTD yesterday I was so pissed off.
We can only hope Sky Sources are correct and we'll be signing him and also Rojo, else we could be in for a long season

any German media experts around. Is there's difference between SportsBild and Bild as this guy claims.

I did quick research. Same paper.

Edit: It's possible that both SkySport and Bild are correct. Both clubs have been(or were?) in talk with Benatia, the difference is SKySport haven't awared of the result while BILD is 80-90% confident it's a done deal.
Anyway we're denying the link( to save face ?) and Bayern is in the game. The result' ll be out soon.

Last edited:
I've got a feeling we were 95% done with benatia, we leaked the news to sky sports, but now bayern have come in and he's changed his mind. things can happen quickly and right now we just aren't comparable. Sad but true.

feck leaking crap, just go in ask what they want pay it, get medical done, if someone comes in outbid them pay £40m if we have to, just get it done like RM

I've got a feeling we were 95% done with benatia, we leaked the news to sky sports

Nah there's no chance of that. The leak came from Italy. We wouldn't tell Jim White one thing and tell the rest of the English press something else. We wouldn't leak details on a deal that hasn't been completed yet, especially when there's interest in the player from other clubs.

Jim White's source at Roma will have told him United are showing strong interest. We might have shown an interest, we might have bid on him, or it could have just been a ploy to encourage Bayern into bidding.

feck leaking crap, just go in ask what they want pay it, get medical done, if someone comes in outbid them pay £40m if we have to, just get it done like RM
Problem is most players want to join madrid
Perhaps Manchester and no European football is not quite the same draw for the player to push for the move

Nah there's no chance of that. The leak came from Italy. We wouldn't tell Jim White one thing and tell the rest of the English press something else. We wouldn't leak details on a deal that hasn't been completed yet, especially when there's interest in the player from other clubs.

Jim White's source at Roma will have told him United are showing strong interest. We might have shown an interest, we might have bid on him, or it could have just been a ploy to encourage Bayern into bidding.
my impression is that roma want to sell the player and are trying to get best price by inviting buds from top clubs in Europe.

If he really was on his way, we would have agreed a fee and then personal terms and medical would be the only reason why he would fly over.

Everyone has to be honest. I refused to watch MOTD yesterday I was so pissed off.
We can only hope Sky Sources are correct and we'll be signing him and also Rojo, else we could be in for a long season

I know mate, haven't felt this down after a game since we got dicked by City at OT and I was there to witness it.

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/ Update at 9.03pm is repeating the Benatia story, if Bayern were still in the driving seat the sky source would have mentioned it. Bayern denying their director was in Rome could be that they were told that they are too late and discussions are at an advanced stage. Hope my optimism pays off, i'm getting more confident as no other main source is saying Bayern.

Edit: around mentioned around 39 seconds in

Hmmm guess we will find out tomorrow

I think that Boateng-Benatia-Badstuber at a club like Bayern sounds really bantastic... ;)

So is it true these reports of Bild coming out and saying the Benatia to Bayern rumours are false?

Would be a marvelous signing, I'm not holding my breath though just in case we find out today that United are preparing a bid.

If we are indeed paying for him, we might as well just sweeten the deal by giving an additional 5 million and guilt tripping them, when we go for strootman in January or next summer.

I think with Kroos, it was more that they didn't value him that highly (shows the ridiculous amount of talent they have). It's simple really, if I have a car that I value at 20k and I'm not desperate to sell, then I won't sell unless I get 20k.

They are only in for benatia since friday because they know Martinez will be out for the rest of the year, I'd say they don't value Benatia as much more than a delux emergency replacement and definitley won't go out all guns blazing in terms of transfer fee and in terms of wages. I bet if we offer £30m upfront to Roma and offer Benatia £150k wages, he'd be ours as they wouldn't even dream of topping that. They are a massive club, but they are so stocked and have such a rich pick from the transfermarket they are pretty tight with how much they spend, not that they don't have the money but it is a principles thing. If the player isn't massive for the club they won't pay him massive wages and won't pay high transfer fee either, I bet bayern is offering something in region of £25m to Roma and wouldn't pay more than £100k wage to Benatia. For us Benatia would be massive, or atleast he should be.

They are only in for benatia since friday because they know Martinez will be out for the rest of the year, I'd say they don't value Benatia as much more than a delux emergency replacement and definitley won't go out all guns blazing in terms of transfer fee and in terms of wages. I bet if we offer £30m upfront to Roma and offer Benatia £150k wages, he'd be ours as they wouldn't even dream of topping that. They are a massive club, but they are so stocked and have such a rich pick from the transfermarket they are pretty tight with how much they spend, not that they don't have the money but it is a principles thing. If the player isn't massive for the club they won't pay him massive wages and won't pay high transfer fee either, I bet bayern is offering something in region of £25m to Roma and wouldn't pay more than £100k wage to Benatia. For us Benatia would be massive, or atleast he should be.

Agreed, my point about Kroos has nothing to do with the Benatia link btw. As I mentioned earlier, just pay up and he's ours. Same goes for Vidal and Di Maria. It seems to me like we're trying to act too clever.

Status
Not open for further replies.