Mehdi Benatia | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what United could do about this one, if true. Bayern are just a way more attractive proposition than United.

What could we do? Get the business done before the start of the season. Bayern want him as a result of injuries. If we had done what we should have, then Bayern are not in the picture.

The club is an absolute mess. To have let Benatia slip from yesterday's position is beyond belief.

Have no faith in the club to sort things out - we've been rudderless ever since Fergie retired.

I'm not sure what United could do about this one, if true. Bayern are just a way more attractive proposition than United.

Roma wanted £35m for him and made it abundantly clear from the start of the summer. We knew both vidic and Rio were going months ago.

It isn't that difficult.

I refuse to believe we would let Benatia go to bayern when he is literally the last top tier defender on the market today.... I just don't believe that.

Maybe he saw the crap display yesterday and took flight right back to Rome

But we can break the world transfer record!

A great thing to say we will now be getting our pants pulled down for anyone. That means less cash for other targets. No matter how this plays out LVG is getting handicapped by the club. But fans wont blame him like Moyes so he'll be fine

Roma wanted £35m for him and made it abundantly clear from the start of the summer. We knew both vidic and Rio were going months ago.

It isn't that difficult.
Exactly. Replacements should have been lined up right away. Don't know what the feck the club are doing leaving it this late.

A great thing to say we will now be getting our pants pulled down for anyone. That means less cash for other targets. No matter how this plays out LVG is getting handicapped by the club. But fans wont blame him like Moyes so he'll be fine

Ed is getting all the blame this time around. I will never understand he said that.

It isn't that difficult.
Our club make it difficult. All the other top clubs make transfers without any problems!

What could we do? Get the business done before the start of the season. Bayern want him as a result of injuries. If we had done what we should have, then Bayern are not in the picture.
Well that's true. Bayern have been reportedly after Benatia for quite a while though. It's more the failure to get Hummels or Vermaelen which was the balls up, it meant we're looking for targets way too late.

Exactly. Replacements should have been lined up right away. Don't know what the feck the club are doing leaving it this late.

It's the same way we know our midfield is crap yet Vidal is available for £50 all summer
Di Maria is surplus to requirements at madrid and is available for £50 all summer as well.

??? :confused:

Is it wrong that I still have some hope that we'll get him? The fee being reported sounds too low, rumours in Italy all said Roma want €35m, rumours in the English press said Roma want £30m, him going to Bayern for €30m sounds way too low.

It isn't that difficult.

You could say the same about every player. We havent been willing to buy those available ala Cesc or those not available. I could suggest 50 midfielders who will improve us. Why we only have one in the door I can blame LVG for waiting for the perfect match (no one or Cesc should have been his thinking) or Woodward who is obviously the fall guy for a glazer spending policy.......

He'd be a great signing for Bayern. Boateng and Dante are good but nothing more than that for me, I think they lack a top quality option, especially if they plan to play 3 at the back with more regularity after the super cup.

Well that's true. Bayern have been reportedly after Benatia for quite a while though. It's more the failure to get Hummels or Vermaelen which was the balls up, it meant we're looking for targets way too late.

No, even beeing after Hummels was a balls up, if it's true that we were.

But it seems we are that deluded. If the comments from Moyes that ginger face are true and we were actually trying to sing Ronaldo and Bale I do actually believe we were that stupid to think we could get Hummels.

It's the same way we know our midfield is crap yet Vidal is available for £50 all summer
Di Maria is surplus to requirements at madrid and is available for £50 all summer as well.

Yep, if we can go and spend all that on a young English left back then what the hell are we expecting when clubs want top bucks for their best players (Vidal, Di Maria)

He'd be a great signing for Bayern. Boateng and Dante are good but nothing more than that for me, I think they lack a top quality option, especially if they plan to play 3 at the back with more regularity after the super cup.
Dante looked extremely vulnerable in Europe last season.

No, even beeing after Hummels was a balls up, if it's true that we were.

But it seems we are that deluded. If the comments from Moyes that ginger face are true and we were actually trying to sing Ronaldo and Bale I do actually believe we were that stupid to think we could get Hummels.

I can't argue with that at all. It's amazing that pretty much everyone on here could see that the likes of Ronaldo, Fabregas and Hummels weren't viable and yet the club couldn't.

Yep, if we can go and spend all that on a young English left back then what the hell are we expecting when clubs want top bucks for their best players (Vidal, Di Maria)

That's the thing. If we can spend 34 on Herrera and 30 on Shaw you'd think the owners wouldn't balk at 50 for the truly elite players.... Id think they would encourage it after the season we just had.

I am not sure if it's them or the negotiation department that is inept.

Someone is not doing their job and the club is playing with fire at the moment.
Champions League places and titles are won and lost by the 3 points we so easily let go yesterday.

As does Boateng at times. At 27 Benatia is the perfect age to come into a winning side and improve things straight away.
Yeah, can definitely see why Bayern would be in for him. If they pull it off it will be hugely frustrating. We should throw money at Atletico, or even Villarreal for Godin, Miranda or Mussachio. All top defenders who would instantly improve us and the clubs would sell for a good price.

Perhaps the club hierachy's greed is yet to sink in around here??

That's the thing. If we can spend 34 on Herrera and 30 on Shaw you'd think the owners wouldn't balk at 50 for the truly elite players.... Id think they would encourage it after the season we just had.
I am not sure if it's them or the negotiation department that is inept.
Someone is not doing there job and the club is playing with fire at the moment.
Champions League places and titles are won and lost by the 3 points we so easily let go yesterday.
That's the problem though, we're spending all that on unproven players like Shaw, other clubs aren't going to sell for anything similiar. We've spend 120 mil in a year, and somehow the squad is worse. We lack a plan it seems. You are meant to sign players to improve the team. Mata is great, but we didn't really need him. Fellaini is awful, and we would have been better off not signing him at all. Shaw is potentially good, but what an obscene amount for a full back. Herrera is the only one out these 4 that I have no complaints about.

Just got up and slowly worked my way through the thread progression with gleeful anticipation. Bollocks!

Get a grip

Why? Because I refuse to believe an idiot from Sky?

Have you seen the amount of crap their "sources" have said over the years? Only to deny any knowledge of it when it becomes obvious it is utter bullshit?

If the Manchester based journalists or the BBC reported it I may get excited but the self proclaimed "deadline day" Jim White?

Think it is you who should get a grip.

So predictable. If you don't laugh, you'd cry.

If we had wrapped this up before the injury to Martinez he would be our player

What's this? Bayern are going to sign Benatia? But what about Sky Sources? :lol:

People may laugh about sky sources but the truth in the matter is no source is reliable.

Just like Jim White's very specific claim yesterday. Could all turn out to be nonsense like 99% of other transfer stories.
Bayern and other clubs use us, wait for us to make contact agree with player and club swoop in at last Minute offer higher wages, fee as we have done all the hard work and better success prospects and we get shafted, no wonder we are not briefing uk journalists, as leaks get other clubs involved or look bad if we fail to sign the player.

Thank you Jim White u ruined Benatia for us, talk about picking us to be the first Tweet you get wrong

Seems a brilliant signing for Bayern - textbook response to the difficult situation they found themselves faced with in midweek.

But I'm a little surprised Roma are letting him go for such a relatively small fee.

It makes sense for Bayern to try and sign him after the injury to Martinez and it wouldn't shock me they could get a deal done quickly as they're a very well organised club who actually know what they're doing unlike Woodward and co who seem to just wing it. I'm not convinced the rumours are true it would certainly be a good move on the part of Roma or Benatia's agent to leak these type of stories for leverage with United.

Where are people getting all this information from that he's going to Bayern? Can't find anything about it anywhere apart from a few things on twitter which isn't reliable. Are you sure it's not this "Sport 1" that have got it wrong? I've never even heard of them.

Where are people getting all this information from that he's going to Bayern? Can't find anything about it anywhere apart from a few things on twitter which isn't reliable. Are you sure it's not this "Sport 1" that have got it wrong? I've never even heard of them.
It's just a single Tweet but the way things are going would you be surprised if we let him slip to Bayern? Same story every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.