Mehdi Benatia | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you blame the guy if he chooses bayern over us?

Yes, I will hate him forever.

All this 'Champions League football' nonsense - it's one fecking season, 6 games are all that is guaranteed, against such brilliant opposition as FC Basel, Dynamo Kiev, Cluj, FC Kobenhaven. It's only in the knock-out stages you face any top teams.

All this 'Champions League football' nonsense - it's one fecking season, 6 games are all that is guaranteed, against such brilliant opposition as FC Basel, Dynamo Kiev, Cluj, FC Kobenhaven. It's only in the knock-out stages you face any top teams.

Funny you chose Basel.

It is one season but its a risk becoming 2 or more seasons.

Bayern is in much better state right now and CL football is CL football..

I doubt that. Bild easily have the best sources in German football, especially at Bayern. There was a 'scandal' just a few months ago, because they had a mole in Bayern's dressing room who fed them line ups and tactical instructions.
I'm pretty sure that if their chief editor explicitly calls a transfer on live TV they will have credible sources.

BILD has rather close ties to Bayern so the stories concerning them carry some reliabilty, but calling them the paper with the best sources in German football overall is far from the truth. Thing is, that in the German sports press the accuracy of the respective papers vary A LOT from club to club. There is no way in hell that BILD has the best sources in terms of Dortmund for example. Röckenhaus ("Süddeutsche" and by far best source), Dersch ("Ruhrnachrichten") and Hennecke ("Kicker") have all way more credibility here. The BILD wrote so much rubbish in terms of Dortmund so far it is not even funny. My personal favourite is still how they wrote Hummels to Barcelona 2012 one day before he signed a new five year contract without clause.

You are correct, that no German paper ever wrote something serious about Hummels and United, though. This was the main reason why every German poster on here was convinced that the deal was never on.

Overall, the most credible paper in Germany is still the "Kicker" because they have at least decent ties to every club.

Maybe Van Gaal thought he was still at Bayern when he said that you can wrap up a signing in 24 hours. They've swooped in quickly for this one, seemed as if they've skipped the preparation and monitoring stages.

BILD has rather close ties to Bayern so the stories concerning them carry some reliabilty, but calling them the paper with the best sources in German football overall is far from the truth. Thing is, that in the German sports press the accuracy of the respective papers vary A LOT from club to club. There is no way in hell that BILD has the best sources in terms of Dortmund for example. Röckenhaus ("Süddeutsche" and by far best source), Dersch ("Ruhrnachrichten") and Hennecke ("Kicker") have all way more credibility here. The BILD wrote so much rubbish in terms of Dortmund so far it is not even funny. My personal favourite is still how they wrote Hummels to Barcelona 2012 one day before he signed a new five year contract without clause.

You are correct, that no German paper ever wrote something serious about Hummels and United, though. This was the main reason why every German poster on here was convinced that the deal was never on.

Overall, the most credible paper in Germany is still the "Kicker" because they have at least decent ties to every club.

I was talking about German football in general. Sure every club has one or two papers who are very well informed but on a bigger scale no one can compare with Bild. Kicker is probably the most reliable but they lack a bit in terms of speed and quantity.

I was talking about German football in general. Sure every club has one or two papers who are very well informed but on a bigger scale no one can compare with Bild. Kicker is probably the most reliable but they lack a bit in terms of speed and quantity.

What good is quantitiy if at least half of their articles are baseless garbage? BILD is also extremely top heavy and sensationalist. German football consists of more than a whole chunk of Bayern and Dortmund (most of the time in relation to the former) and a little bit of other Bundesliga sides inbetween. Especially in terms of smaller clubs and lower leagues, the coverage of the "Kicker" is way superior.

Speed is only an issue if you go strictly by the paper form. "Kicker" is biweekly while BILD is daily, so they have a natural disadvantage in that case. If we go by online content "Kicker" is actually quite fast. The only topics which BILD brings up faster are either Bayern related, halfbaked topics with little credibility or even pure speculation.

We need him and Rojo if we are going to continue to play 3 at the back.

Jones-----Benatia-----Blackett is one option.

Evans-----Smalling-----Rojo is the second option.

What good is quantitiy if at least half of their articles are baseless garbage? BILD is also extremely top heavy and sensationalist. German football consists of more than a whole chunk of Bayern and Dortmund (most of the time in relation to the former) and a little bit of other Bundesliga sides inbetween. Especially in terms of smaller clubs and lower leagues, the coverage of the "Kicker" is way superior.

Speed is only an issue if you go strictly by the paper form. "Kicker" is biweekly while BILD is daily, so they have a natural disadvantage in that case. If we go by online content "Kicker" is actually quite fast. The only topics which BILD brings up faster are either Bayern related, halfbaked topics with little credibility or even pure speculation.

Usually you can tell by their phrasing if something is random speculation or with some degree of merit.

I'm really hoping we get this deal done. TONIGHT. he along with Hummels was who i wanted us to bring in to our backline.

I won't lie, i had a twinge last night because of Jim White's tweet. Bayern can just do one.... Paper talk.

Come on Woodward, prove your not a useless w@nker. Sign him up. Then Blind and Di Maria too please.

He might feel that Bayern have a slight chance of getting out of the group stage.

Funny you chose Basel.

Because they beat us last time?

I doubt too many 'world-class' players dream of playing the likes of Basel in the Champions League, that was my point. We've lost against Cluj, Bestikas and Olympiakos in recent years, but no-one would argue that they are massive clubs.

You just know Bayern will sign him. We got no chance with Woody and Glazers running things.

any German media experts around. Is there's difference between SportsBild and Bild as this guy claims.

Signing Rojo should have no bearing on the fact that we still need a world class CB. Rojo is not a good enough CB

We clearly had interest. We went in too late and were told he was off to Bayern so we feed this bullshit to the press again.

He's another in a long line of players such as Modric, Gundogan, Strootman and Reus.

Why weren't we interested in him before he went to Roma? Do our scouts focus on either young players in keeping with the clubs tradition, or top level players like van Persie completely neglecting those playing at Udinese and the like?

He's another in a long line of players such as Modric, Gundogan, Strootman and Reus.

Why weren't we interested in him before he went to Roma? Do our scouts focus on either young players in keeping with the clubs tradition, or top level players like van Persie completely neglecting those playing at Udinese and the like?

We were and he came out and practically begged us to sign him. Baffling that we didn't pursue a deal at that time, he was one of the best defenders in Serie A even then.

ok, when can we start to question WHY DONT WE HAVE AN INTEREST? what self respecting football club with ambition wouldnt have interest in the best Available CB on the planet? its just a fecking joke at this point.

United need a Central midfielder = no interest in the best all round cm in the world = profit??
United need a Central defender = no interest in one of the top 5/6 cb's in the world = Profit??

Were genuinly going to end up with Blind and a random punt at this rate.

Last edited:
We need him and Rojo if we are going to continue to play 3 at the back.

Jones-----Benatia-----Blackett is one option.

Evans-----Smalling-----Rojo is the second option.
Jones - Benatia - Evans

Would be my first choice. I think Evans will be a decent option on the left of a 3 even if Rojo would be the natural choice there. They'd rarely all be fit anyway and there's work to be done to even get either.

Could it not be Benatias agent spreading false information about our interest to give him an advantage when negotiating with Bayern?

He has left Bayern Munich's training ground on Friday in direction Airport

Hardly conclusive... Sounds like an Ed Woodward leaving preseason tour kinda stuff. He might have ruptured a hemmeroid for all we know and his doctors was in the direction of the airport.

This lad from men says we have no interest in Benatia. This transfer window is killing me.

He also said we had dropped interest in Herrera. He is useless!

If we're turning our backs on him because they want a little over 30m then that would just be ridiculous on our part. There really aren't many top defenders around, but he is one of the best and he is available if offered the right amount. Nobody is going to pop up out of nowhere and we desperately need a center back now and he is far better then anything else we have. We should just pay what is needed to have it settled for the next 5 years or so and let one of our other center backs cement a spot next to him. Everyone would be better off for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.