Mehdi Benatia | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
When asked about a possible transfer to City, Sabatini replied by saying if David Luiz is worth 50m, Benatia's weaker leg is worth 30m. This was at the time when David Luiz was sold.

Here, found the exact quote.

It's very strange that they would accept a similar fee only a few months later. Would the Glazers be ready to spend £48m? I think not.

That's all BS to hype the price and keep fans happy. I doubt that Roma would refuse a 30m bid

Well, its because 2 years ago we were counting on Jones and Smalling to come good. Also, I think Fergie wasn't a fan of having African players here anyway (ANC).

I remember him making fun of another team having a Moroccan in their squad. It was Arsenal I think.

If bayern are in for him we have no chance. This is what happens when you wait till the end of the window to sign players. It's really looking more and more like the last month of last summers window.

Sport1 is shit and Bayern are mostly as cheap as United, so relax guys. Can't see them spending that much on a CB

Sport1 is shit and Bayern are mostly as cheap as United, so relax guys. Can't see them spending that much on a CB
Didn't they spend big money of Javi Martinez who is now playing as a centre back? (And injured)

Didn't they spend big money of Javi Martinez who is now playing as a centre back? (And injured)

They bought him as a CM though. And he was very successful his first season there.

It was just Pep who Mascherano'd him last season amongst his injuries while playing Lahm in midfield and buying Thiago to play there.

Bayern only have Dante and Boateng as their central defenders. Javi Martinez are out for the rest of the year and Badstuber has recently started playing again after being injured for 18 months. So Bayerna re in a need of a defender, the only "problem" is that they then have to put either Boateng or Dante on the bench if playing with only 2 central defenders, are they willing to do that? They need a less good defender in my opinion, who can cover for Boateng and Dante.

If I was Manchester United's person in charge of transfers and a club asks me for 30m, I would give them 35m just to be sure. We're in that kind of situation right now since if this is true and Bayern do indeed get him, it just keeps showing that whenever there's another club interested, we just can't cut it. :(

Yeah, but they were as cheap as us with Herrera and made him pay a bit of the transfer deal with lower wages.
Sure.

I'm just saying I don't see any real indicators why bayern wouldn't spend big on defence but we would.

Sure.

I'm just saying I don't see any real indicators why bayern wouldn't spend big on defence but we would.
Well, we're in more of a need than Bayern, even if they play a 3-man defence this season they still got Boateng, Badstuber, Dante and Alaba who played there. Whereas we have Evans, Smalling, Jones and Blackett, so I'd say we're more in the mood of overpaying than them. Which wouldn't really hurt me, Benatia is class.

I think sometimes tweets are made up to cause a panic with the club that is in talks for a player to force a price hike or to cause a panic with the fans of said club!

This signing should've been wrapped up weeks ago. He didn't have the world cup to think about and it's a reasonable price. Woodward is a disaster.

Like I said in twitter thread.

You have to applaud Bayern if true. They have a meeting on Friday on who to replace Martinez and get it done quickly.

This looks like a "go for it, get it done, reap the rewards" type of deal by Bayern again, like they did with Thiago or Götze. They're good at this.

Don't even think we are in for him only Jim White reported it. Sounded too good to be true, we don't do transfers like this anymore.

This would really piss me off to no ends if he goes to Bayern. They just decided to get him on Friday FFS whereas it seems like we've been in for him for a while!

Are we actually in for him?

Honestly, I don't know. But if not, then why not. Continually good players are passing us by at good prices. In the meantime, we're stuck with players who aren't at the level required. This could be yesterday's result talking but it just feels like we're not doing enough to correct obvious problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.