Mehdi Benatia | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would interest me to know when exactly Bayern showed interest in Benatia, once they were in we really didn't have a chance.

Bayern only have Dante and Boateng as their central defenders. Javi Martinez are out for the rest of the year and Badstuber has recently started playing again after being injured for 18 months. So Bayerna re in a need of a defender, the only "problem" is that they then have to put either Boateng or Dante on the bench if playing with only 2 central defenders, are they willing to do that? They need a less good defender in my opinion, who can cover for Boateng and Dante.
Badstuber is close to being fit. Van Buyten is still there I think. They have some Kirchoff guy who's also a CD. Pep likes to overstock midfielders, not defenders. It's on! maybe.

How typical of us. If we did things the right away and moved early then this would've never happened.

Badstuber is close to being fit. Van Buyten is still there I think. They have some Kirchoff guy who's also a CD. Pep likes to overstock midfielders, not defenders. It's on! maybe.

Van Buyten has retired from football, Kirchoff is out on loan.

Bayern Munich: Overstocked with quality. Win Bundesliga. Lose game, lose a player to injury: One day later: Transfer

Manchester United: Sell 3 of the most experienced defenders. Legend retires, 7th place last season, new manager: 2 signings, of which one is an 18 year old youngster currently injured. Well played United.

It would interest me to know when exactly Bayern showed interest in Benatia, once they were in we really didn't have a chance.

Could not have been any time before Martinez was hurt there was no need until then. The rumor was that on Friday they finalized their target list or something to that effect.

Bayern only have Dante and Boateng as their central defenders. Javi Martinez are out for the rest of the year and Badstuber has recently started playing again after being injured for 18 months. So Bayerna re in a need of a defender, the only "problem" is that they then have to put either Boateng or Dante on the bench if playing with only 2 central defenders, are they willing to do that? They need a less good defender in my opinion, who can cover for Boateng and Dante.

Bayern play 50 games a season, they can rotate players and give them enough time. Dante would make space for Benatia but would still play 30+ games a season. I think they are also going to use a 3-man defence this season but will use Alaba and Martinez there as well.

Bayern Munich: Overstocked with quality. Win Bundesliga. Lose game, lose a player to injury: One day later: Transfer

Manchester United: Sell 3 of the most experienced defenders. Legend retires, 7th place last season, new manager: 2 signings, of which one is an 18 year old youngster currently injured. Well played United.

:lol: So true.

If Bayern are truly interested, this one is dead in the water. What a joke we are.

If Bayern are truly interested, this one is dead in the water. What a joke we are.

I forgot to add that the youngster cost us 30 freaking million pounds.
Add to that the singing of yet another number 10 in January for another 30.

We are not only shit at singing players, but when we do, we also sign players we don't really need and overspend on them.

Bayern are shy of one CB and one CM atm actually. The fans are partly pissed with their management as well because they've given away Kroos but they've only got youngsters and Rode who's clearly not on his level to cover for him. Thiago and Schweinsteiger are ALWAYS injured so atm they've only got Lahm as a truly great CM even though in reality everyone knows Lahm should play at FB.

Pep apparently wants to play a 3 man defence and he's only got Boateng, Badstuber, Dante, and to an extent Alaba for that right now (I will never get why Alaba doesn't play in a more forward position). Martinez is out injured.

They are definitely in for Benatia, there's no way this is fake, they need him.

Could not have been any time before Martinez was hurt there was no need until then. The rumor was that on Friday they finalized their target list or something to that effect.

That's what I read as well. But you never know, there could've been a existing lingering interest. FairPlay to them if that's how efficient they can be if they get this done. Bastian is injured as well now btw..

Terrible news that Bayern are in for him, I'd imagine we could double their wage offer and he'd still prefer to go there. If Roma get £30m I think we can forget about them needing to sell Strootman to us anytime soon so it's a double blow to us.

Bayern showing a big club really does business.

We come across as small time these days in the transfer market.

They actually really do need a CB right now. Even more than us if they are playing 3 at the back.

Not sure Benatia is a Pep type CB though.

He is pretty much the player Pep described as his wish target a few days ago.

I'm getting to the stage now where I am passed caring. We are hopeless in the market, especially when it's for a player who is wanted by several clibs. Time top face facts gentlemen, the days of domination aren't coming back in a hurry.

It's such a shame that we've gotten in a top manager but are letting him down with our piss poor transfer business.

I'm getting to the stage now where I am passed caring. We are hopeless in the market, especially when it's for a player who is wanted by several clibs. Time top face facts gentlemen, the days of domination aren't coming back in a hurry.

Well no because even if we get in great defenders we need midfielders and wingers in adddition of world class ability to change the mindset of the entire squad into one capable of not falling back into the type of football we are witnessing all to often. We cannot make the numbers work is the voices coming out of the club re Di Maria and others. We have weeks left to the transfer window. All other top teams have the bulk of their work done. Do we deserve top 4 in all honesty? If life was fair....no we dont!

It's gotten past the point of disappointing now. It's actually a bit pathetic how inept we are at this.

Woodward :lol:

We have not got even close to the pulling power that Bayern have in this moment especially without Champions League football

He's off to Bayern so....Having a new manager come in was always going to mean another slow transfer summer as LVG wanted to give everyone a clean slate but he is finding out pretty quickly that the likes of Smalling, Jones, Januzaj, Rafael etc are still too young to be relied upon completely. LVG could still go in for someone like Ron Vlaar as a stop gap though

Our transfer target list is getting to a point where there are no more targets left...we may have to settle for a stop gap or two on the final day the window is open

I refuse to believe we would let Benatia go to bayern when he is literally the last top tier defender on the market today.... I just don't believe that.

I refuse to believe we would let Benatia go to bayern when he is literally the last top tier defender on the market today.... I just don't believe that.
I'm not sure what United could do about this one, if true. Bayern are just a way more attractive proposition than United.

We wouldn't we be letting him go, facts are compared to what they are offering as a whole right now is a lot more attractive than what we can. If reports are true and Pep/Bayern want him then that's where he'll end up.

Status
Not open for further replies.