Mehdi Benatia | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cry more like it. We paid that for a centerhalf 12 years ago. Now with prices going higher and higher we think it's too much. Sigh...
We don't have to look back 12 years we just signed Shaw for around that figure so signing Benatia for £30M shouldn't be a problem...

So the club have denied interest? I've no idea how the club goes about transferring players, but our press briefing does nothing to ease fans concern.

He'd be the perfect defensive signing. feck it just spend what it takes.

More the fact that people had an issue with what he was tweeting. He clearly has some relationship with Utd.

Issue is that their contacts in the club are obviously useless wrt transfers now, since they've been told to stop leaking info on them.

He's coming. Jin White is a knob but he wouldn't say it if he didn't have reputable sources. It's done.

He's coming. Jin White is a knob but he wouldn't say it if he didn't have reputable sources. It's done.

I bet the fax came into the newsroom and the sad twat asked to be the first to break the news via his own twitter.

Guys, chill out, insults are uncalled for.

There is something I didn't ask before, but should have because my stream was shit on the day we played Roma so I missed most of the match. How did Benatia perform against us in Washington? I know shit about most Roma players, so I'm asking.

There is something I didn't ask before, but should have because my stream was shit on the day we played Roma so I missed most of the match. How did Benatia perform against us in Washington? I know shit about most Roma players, so I'm asking.

Does it matter, preseason is like useless as a benchmark for player quality. How about last year he was considered as the best defender in the Serie A and scored like a ton of goals (for a defender) and has made Roma champions because they played one of their best seasons ever defensively. He is major, he is the best centreback out there that we could get, no doubt about that.

so do goal.com no doubt what's your point?

As for your stubborn comment I'm no more stubborn than those who will claim when this transfer inevitably doesn't happen that Sky weren't wrong all along
I'm sure Sky Sports have a much, much, much better track record than goal.com :lol:

Theyre not but that doesnt stop Beniata being world class. He'll be a great signing for you.

Well I firmly believe Evans is and Smalling as well. Jones may not be there yet but he is in his way. Either way they are not "gash" as that other clown put ir.

Sky sports understand that manutd are close to agreeing a fee for Mehdi benatia and a potential new signing for manutd is on his way.

Interesting though that no one else seems to be backing Sky's claim. Of course it would be great if we signed him, but I really don't want to get my hopes up.

Id say we should bring 2 CB and allow 1-2 of our sick notes to have a permanent break outside the club premises.

Id say we should bring 2 CB and allow 1-2 of our sick notes to have a permanent break outside the club premises.
We need 5 central defenders for a three man defence. Two solid defenders who don't lack composure/quality on the ball, Evans, jones and smalling.

We need 5 central defenders for a three man defence. Two solid defenders who don't lack composure/quality on the ball, Evans, jones and smalling.

Honestly I wish that VG will assess the team closely and get rid of all the dead wood. I am not only referring to players like Ando and Cleverley who are simply not good enough. I am also referring to the so called good players who pass much of the season in the treatment room.

Honestly I wish that VG will assess the team closely and get rid of all the dead wood. I am not only referring to players like Ando and Cleverley who are simply not good enough. I am also referring to the so called good players who pass much of the season in the treatment room.

That's true. We really need players who are available for selection at most times. One of the biggest reasons why so many of our players have failed to progress in recent seasons is their frequent trips to the treatment room. We need to cut our losses on some of these players even though we run the risk of them getting over the injury curse and fulfilling their potentials elsewhere. We have far too many sicknotes at the moment.

am hopeful with this one.
When one reputable source has the info first, and it seems to come from nowhere, there seems a better chance of getting it done quickly.
Still, let's not get too excited just yet on our summer!

That's true. We really need players who are available for selection at most times. One of the biggest reasons why so many of our players have failed to progress in recent seasons is their frequent trips to the treatment room. We need to cut our losses on some of these players even though we run the risk of them getting over the injury curse and fulfilling their potentials elsewhere. We have far too many sicknotes at the moment.

In my opinion we're in this sorry state because we have closed an eye too often. ''This will be his year'', ''He's been a great servant to the club'', ''He can still give us 30 minutes every 3 games'', ''Its a shame that he's injury prone because he's a great player'', ''No one can replace Paul Scholes'' BS must end. We're a top club and not some charity shop.

If a player deserves to remain at OT based on what he did throughout the season then fine. If not, well he leaves.

I'd personally give jones and smalling more time, but not as the all important key defenders they seem to have become by default. We need to properly replace vidic and rio. Or at least buy defenders comfortable on the ball that suit LVG.

In my opinion we're in this sorry state because we have closed an eye too often. ''This will be his year'', ''He's been a great servant to the club'', ''He can still give us 30 minutes every 3 games'', ''Its a shame that he's injury prone because he's a great player'', ''No one can replace Paul Scholes'' BS must end. We're a top club and not some charity shop.

If a player deserves to remain at OT based on what he did throughout the season then fine. If not, well he leaves.
Agree. Standards have been allowed to slip. If you accept mediocre performances then don't be surprised by mediocrity.

I'd personally give jones and smalling more time, but not as the all important key defenders they seem to have become by default. We need to properly replace vidic and rio. Or at least buy defenders comfortable on the ball that suit LVG.

We wont buy 15 players in 3 transfer windows so they will be given more time. However we need to give the right message through. One bad season should cost a player his first team place. Another bad season will mean that he should be probably shown the door. I cant believe that players like Ando are still United players to be honest. What must a player do to be kicked out of the club?

We wont buy 15 players in 3 transfer windows so they will be given more time. However we need to give the right message through. One bad season should cost a player his first team place. Another bad season will mean that he should be probably shown the door. I cant believe that players like Ando are still United players to be honest. What must a player do to be kicked out of the club?
If rio and vidic have left then I don't see why one or two defenders can't come in. It's the sensible thing to do IMO, especially given the three man defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.