Mehdi Benatia | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proof that Sky Sources know absolutely feck all (as if I should be made to prove it)

FollowSky Sports FootballVerified account‏@SkyFootball
Sky Sports understands that Everton midfielder James McCarthy has emerged as one of Manchester United's top targets. http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11671/9322553/transfer-news-manchester-united-interested-in-everton-midfielder-james-mccarthy…

They removed that story in a hour or so themselves.

Nobody said they are 100% correct but they have far larger accuracy rate.

They removed that story in a hour or so themselves.

Nobody said they are 100% correct but they have far larger accuracy rate.
Yeah, I remember 1 or 2 dodgy stories like that. ''United make Nasri top target'' or other stuff that never really comes to fruition.

But they still get 99% of their stuff spot on.

Sky are far more reliable than most, silly people.

Did you not just see the tweet I posted?
Yes? Where is an article of them making up bullshit? Where is the ''United close to Vidal'' article when all the rest were saying it?

They are far, far, far more reliable than most. Fair enough if you are a true sceptic and don't want to believe anything until he's holding up the shirt, but the way you are talking like anyone who believes them are idiots is idiotic yourself. They are reliable.

Yeah, I remember 1 or 2 dodgy stories like that. ''United make Nasri top target'' or other stuff that never really comes to fruition.

But they still get 99% of their stuff spot on.

We did actually want Nasri IIRC.

Yeah, they report it in earlier stages than BBC so bound to get few wrong, but they don't make up things randomly and have a far larger accuracy rate.

So I've just came back from Guardians of the Galaxy and find this thread at the top of the transfer forum, massively grown with reactions from this evening. May I ask, is this on or off ?

Yes? Where is an article of them making up bullshit? Where is the ''United close to Vidal'' article when all the rest were saying it?

Oh so you're saying the tweet is fake then? Or there was never any story to go along with it?

Oh so you're saying the tweet is fake then? Or there was never any story to go along with it?
No. There was a story. Where is your proof that we weren't in for him? All they were saying is he was a top target. Not that it is ''close'' or anything like that.

It's a bit dodgy but it's the best you are going to get to back your wrong argument.

Here's another cracking according to Sky Sources

Who was that player last year that Sky reported on his way to Arsenal? Never left spain (I think).

We'd have had him if we paid his agent so that's not really the best example. Dunno why you seem to care so much anyway, no one's forcing you to believe anything.

And the time they said we were close to signing Garay that we could announce that very day (Moyes' first day at Carrington). Yep, Sky are bob on with their sources.

So you are saying Sky is as bad as The express ?

They are pretty much the 2nd most accurate after the BBC in the UK atleast.

No, but they hit and miss. One of their sources is Ballbag.

Which says it all.

He actually wanted to join United before Chelsea won the CL and offered his agent and him massive wages + 6/7 million in agent fees.

This was actually confirmed by the Lille president himself IIRC and Sir Alex spoke about it as well.

Oh and Lucas Moura was on the verge of joining us as well before PSG swooped that same summer.

Dude it is not because he ended up signing for Chelsea that Hazard to United wasn't a real thing. He was as good as in the bag if not for a late intervention from Chelsea right after they won the CL. In fact if Chelsea hadn't won the CL that night, Hazard would have signed for us, quite certain about that.

Similar to Lucas, they ran with it for a very long time, and reported even to a deal being agreed, because there was a deal agreed, it is just PSG stepped in like hours before he was about to put his signature on a contract for us.

Not because they report a deal as being as good as done and than it not happening that they are full of shit. I have seen tons of deals fall apart in the last stages.

And the time they said we were close to signing Garay that we could announce that very day (Moyes' first day at Carrington). Yep, Sky are bob on with their sources.
Probably mentioned it like ''according to reports''

You won't find an article on that.

No, but they hit and miss. One of their sources is Ballbag.

Which says it all.

Ballbag constantly tweets rumors. Where do they put it on their site as Sky sources ?

They have put up a odd article sighting him directly from time to time.

Probably mentioned it like ''according to reports''

You won't find an article on that.
Who was the player they reported on his way to Arsenal last year? I'm not imagining that am I?

Though Garay himself claimed he was coming but that Moyes blocked the transfer. So maybe not the best example.

Here's another one Sky Sources got correct...oh no they didn't

Who was the player they reported on his way to Arsenal last year? I'm not imagining that am I?
No idea, probably you aren't. They aren't flawless like the BBC and it's cool if you want to only believe ManUtd.com, wise even. But they are certainly one of the most reliable outlets going.

Ballbag constantly tweets rumors. Where do they put it on their site as Sky sources ?

They have put up a odd article sighting him directly from time to time.

For Spanish transfer, they use him as a source at times. Pretty sure they were reporting the Falcao downpayment last year too.

I hope this is true, but strange it's only them picking up on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.