Mehdi Benatia | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Calcimercato report is sourced from Tancredi Palmeri
didn't notice that. Btw roma have already signed davide astori - another central defender (moyes was spotted scouting him in Cagliari some time ago)

Some of you lot are posting up tools from Chile asking if their reliable, but completely disregard Jim White from a reliable outlet like Sky Sports? Could easily happen.

Sky are doing their Saturday night goals thing, but they have mentioned it.

I'd be over the moon if we got him. Been one of the best defenders in the world for a couple of seasons now, has plenty of experience playing in a 3 man defence (for club and country?) and would compliment Jones and Smalling brilliantly.

Yep. Definitely a bit of a coup if we pull this off.

35 millions also doesn't seem too steep considering the other sums being paid for defenders this window.

didn't notice that. Btw roma have already signed davide astori - another central defender (moyes was spotted scouting him in Cagliari some time ago)

They signed him a while ago though even when they thought Benatia would sign a new contract so doubt that had much to do with replacing him.

Medical at Carrington or never happened.

You can negotiate all you want but that 24 hours needed to complete transfer is another crock worthy of 'watch this space' quote. Prove us wrong mr Woodward.

Why on earth would people want Sky Italia to talks? Serial bullshitters. According to them Vidal has signed 10 times and Sneijder signed 3 years ago. These rumours are 100% true. Whether it happens or not who knows but it's looking promising.

Christ... Sounds like even SSN are getting sloppy. Are there any truly reliable sources left?

No
This rumour was already on Roma forums before White's tweet

I still would rather pay 35m Euros for Vertonghen instead of Benatia
Can't give an opinion on Benatia but Vertonghen goes walkabout too often for my liking. If Benatia signs I hope he is an organizer who has great positional sense who can also pick a pass when he comes out with the ball cos thats what we need. Few and far between nowadays so we should break the bank if he is one. Vertonghen is not one imo.

I don't understand the mechanics behind this potential move. Shouldn't United be sending a convoy/Ed to negotiate with the club and player over in Italy. If the player is coming here it pretty much signifies that a deal has already been discussed with the player's agent and is pretty much near completion with the clubs having agreed to a fee as well. It really really doesn't make sense for him to come all the way over to England to OPEN talks with United...

I don't understand the mechanics behind this potential move. Shouldn't United be sending a convoy/Ed to negotiate with the club and player over in Italy. If the player is coming here it pretty much signifies that a deal has already been discussed with the player's agent and is pretty much near completion with the clubs having agreed to a fee as well. It really really doesn't make sense for him to come all the way over to England to OPEN talks with United...

Exactly, he is coming here for a medical :)

It's clearly on.

Status
Not open for further replies.