Mehdi Benatia | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best in the business because he only really reports on official deals that are confirmed by the clubs. If you want the drop on a signing as it happens you won't get it from Danny.

Ha ha ha. You literally have zero clue. He is one of the most well respected in the country and has genuine insight in Utd - not just what the club tell him.

He's probably going to do 2 or 3 laps of the moon on his way to Manchester. This might take a while.

It's pretty obvious now that broadsheet sports journalists, the BBC and SS are getting nothing out of their sources at United now. Any early news on our transfer dealings have come from the clubs we're dealing with (Southampton, Bilbao, Juventus and Roma), and not from us.

That's why someone with sources in Italy is a much more valid person to listen to than someone like DT, who has no foreign sources.

Ha ha ha. You literally have zero clue. He is one of the most well respected in the country and has genuine insight in Utd - not just what the club tell him.

You obviously don't understand how sports journalism works. I'm not saying he isn't respected. I'm saying his sources are all at Prem clubs, and his sources at United are telling him sweet FA, same as they've been telling SS, BBC and the rest.

It's pretty obvious now that broadsheet sports journalists, the BBC and SS are getting nothing out of their sources at United now. Any early news on our transfer dealings have come from the clubs we're dealing with (Southampton, Bilbao, Juventus and Roma), and not from us.

That's why someone with sources in Italy is a much more valid person to listen to than someone like DT, who has no foreign sources.

Which Italian source has confirmed it? Missed it.

Worth mentioning that he will be going to the African Cup of Nations.
I'd be perfectly okay with that... Smalling, Jones, Evans are all decent players and we are still going after Rojo probably. They could live without Benatia if he comes (would be probably the perfect signing for our defence along with Hummels) for a month.

It's annoying that it's seemingly taken a defeat for us to get our arse into gear in the transfer market, but it'd be a start. Just. Get. It. Done.
This potential deal didn't happen after todays game. Must have been in the pipeline for a few weeks.

We couldn't have wrapped this up prior to today's game? It took the concession of three points to shock us into action. Maybe we'll sign Vidal after losing to Sunderland.

Have SSN repeated the news? Bit weird how they said it and haven't had anything else on it.

Nothing on SSN...

I know it's their big new Saturday match day thing but it's a bit strange that it's nowhere.

This potential deal didn't happen after todays game. Must have been in the pipeline for a few weeks.

It should have been done prior to the season beginning - all of our signings should have been. We've gone and wasted three points today because we haven't adequately strengthened.

Nothing on SSN...

I know it's their big new Saturday match day thing but it's a bit strange that it's nowhere.
Strange no one else is reporting it. Also nothing on SSN.

It was on SSN a minute ago, they'll probably start repeating it more when it's the usual news round up bollocks as opposed to match coverage.

You obviously don't understand how sports journalism works. I'm not saying he isn't respected. I'm saying his sources are all at Prem clubs, and his sources at United are telling him sweet FA, same as they've been telling SS, BBC and the rest.

Understand? Do you even read before you post? If you think DT only has sources here then I would advise you to d some digging within the hack circle.

I'm afraid it is you who has no understanding of journalism. There are some in the uk whose sources are here - DT is not in that bracket.

Indeed, maybe they're trying to pretend they didn't say it so they don't have to apologise? That Leroy Fer story is the one ticking at the moment.

Aye it's very odd, like they're just not quite convinced, so lets not mention it too much.

It's like they've just read the Jim White text themselves and are not too sure if he's been on the Bells all day.

Hold talks ? pfff Woodie really love talking.

Why is everyone suddenly so certain that this is happening? Has anyone reported it apart from SSN and Jim White?

It's not who's reporting it, it's what they're saying. SSN saying he's on his way here.

It should have been done prior to the season beginning - all of our signings should have been. We've gone and wasted three points today because we haven't adequately strengthened.
Of course we should but I was responding to the post saying "we seemingly had to lose before acting", or something like that.

They will learn respect for Jim White (or we'll all head to SSNHQ and beat the everliving shite out of him)

Understand? Do you even read before you post? If you think DT only has sources here then I would advise you to d some digging within the hack circle.

I'm afraid it is you who has no understanding of journalism. There are some in the uk whose sources are here - DT is not in that bracket.

Proof is in the pudding. There's rumours of a deal for Benatia, who does he ask? His sources at United. The same sources who neglected to tell him about Luke Shaw and Herrera. So either his sources at the club are no longer in the loop, or, more likely, they've been instructed to keep quiet.

It's conceivable that defeat helped get the club into gear.

Let's hope so, if we make some reinforcements that can be the only positive from today.

On Benatia, hope we sign him, we are severely lacking a leader at the back and Smalling currently is not it.

I'd be over the moon if we got him. Been one of the best defenders in the world for a couple of seasons now, has plenty of experience playing in a 3 man defence (for club and country?) and would compliment Jones and Smalling brilliantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.