Mehdi Benatia | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Daily Express report it, will that make it more or less likely to be true?

Goal.com and the tabloids will all be scrabbling to get articles out about it tonight I expect given the likelihood of Jim White being right.

They'll all be the usual drivel of course, claiming to be exclusives but will have no informed news beyond what SS have already said.

Get this wrapped up quick!! No messing about Woody, the competition is going to be tough, lets blow them out the water financially. The only way I can see us winning this one.

Get this wrapped up quick!! No messing about Woody, the competition is going to be tough, lets blow them out the water financially. The only way I can see us winning this one.
Just like we had to do for the Shaw deal.

Pisses me off it's taken until the season starting and losing a game to make things happen :mad:

Completely agree. Seems to be the way these days. Clubs target the end of the window to finish their business as opposed to before the opening game. Might be circumstances that have dictated it's that way for us this year, but its bloody frustrating when we've just seen what's happened today.

Let's hope so, if we make some reinforcements that can be the only positive from today.

On Benatia, hope we sign him, we are severely lacking a leader at the back and Smalling currently is not it.

I must admit, I've never seen the guy play, but all the reports I'm reading suggest he's a top player - quick, strong, a defender and quality on the ball. Hopefully we'll supplement Benatia with a great midfielder too.

Smalling, Evans and Jones are all better than Luiz. So considering he was your first choice CB less than two seasons ago, you habe quite the cheek to call them gash.

Theyre not but that doesnt stop Beniata being world class. He'll be a great signing for you.

mind you, the source of the calciomercato report is van gaal saying we need to sign more defenders. So they re making assumptions there...unless there s something else to it which they left out

Judging by United's recent amount of activity we have a real chance of signing him in 2015 and don't tell me it's impossible with this chairman.

Wouldn't mind bring Manolas in too, especially for the price he's being touted at. £5m for a player of his quality is a snip. He'll be worth 4x to 5x that in a year.

imo what seems to be sure us that roma are preparing to sign a replacement for benetia. news about the greek defender was out earlier this week.

mind you, the source of the calciomercato report is van gaal saying we need to sign more defenders. So they re making assumptions there...unless there s something else to it which they left out
The Calcimercato report is sourced from Tancredi Palmeri

I just realised that this was the story that Tancredi revealed earlier, when we were about to kick off! Makes me more doubtful.

Wouldn't mind bring Manolas in too, especially for the price he's being touted at. £5m for a player of his quality is a snip. He'll be worth 4x to 5x that in a year.

Wouldn't mind Roma just taking him to replace Benatia also.

No
This rumour was already on Roma forums before White's tweet

I still would rather pay 35m Euros for Vertonghen instead of Benatia
Benatia's twice the player atm and while Vertonghen could end up better we need a fix in defence now.

Status
Not open for further replies.