McTominay (Out) | announced - signed for Napoli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cute. He genuinely seemed thrilled with it.
i’ve seen the extended version. as soon as he walks away he takes it off and flings it across the car park, before firing his agent as “he’d been told multiple times to not let people approach him. especially fecking kids.”

I'll never forget those goals against Leeds. Absolutely took the wind out of their sails when they came back up.

Hope he does well in Naples, he sound have a smashing time.

I am happy and sad at the same time. We could without doubt find a better player, but all the late goals, the fight and so many good memories in a dark period. Hope he smash Italian football.

Kinda going to miss this lad. Seems like a good guy and he definitely came up big for us on several occasions.

Hope he does very well in the land of pasta.

Can't believe he'll finally leave, maybe there's hope for this club afterall!

Good luck to him, he should do well in lesser league.

Not an awful deal - probably £30m all in for an academy graduate. Still represents decent value for Napoli too. Everyone wins I think, considering he would've been third choice behind Fernandes and Mount (if fit).

i’ve seen the extended version. as soon as he walks away he takes it off and flings it across the car park, before firing his agent as “he’d been told multiple times to not let people approach him. especially fecking kids.”
:lol:

No he did not. Our Scott is a good wholesome boy who loves his bracelet.

He's always been a likeable lad and was useful at times. He never should have been a starter though, and he was completely misused by Ole.

Not sure if Napoli is a great move for him. He's clearly a Conte signing, and Conte being Conte, likely won't last that long there. When the next man comes in, he may not have room for Scott. I suspect he'll be back in the PL in 2 seasons or thereabouts.

He strikes me as a player who was immensely proud and happy to play for you. I get why you are letting him leave. But losing guys like him is always a little sad.

He strikes me as a player who was immensely proud and happy to play for you. I get why you are letting him leave. But losing guys like him is always a little sad.

Yeah, true. There are more of those though, Mainoo and Evans, with a pretty encouraging group of youngsters in the academy and the hope is at least 3-4 of those make it here (which is probably unrealistic, but still, it's an exciting crop).

Exactly this. Very sad to see him go. Great servant to the club and clear to see he cared. Wish him all the best and hope he does well.

Good luck to McT. A player from the youth set up whos been at the club since his younger years, is seemingly a nice guy and good professional

His football however wasn’t good enough and despite the above, I’m glad he’s gone.

He’s lived his dream since he was 5. That’s 22 years!
Commitment never in doubt and he clearly loves the club, but it’s the right time for him to leave.
Wish him all the best, thanks for all his efforts and hope he does well in Naples.

If Napoli are paying he’s probably on easyJet.

No disrespect to him, model professional, gave it his best when on the pitch. Really hope this works out for him. United was his dream and he clearly loved his time here. Bit sad but times are hard and the new regime clearly aiming higher. I’m sure he will get some sort of ambassadorial role or similar back here when he finishes. You couldn’t meet a nicer guy.

If Napoli are paying he’s probably on easyJet.

No disrespect to him, model professional, gave it his best when on the pitch. Really hope this works out for him. United was his dream and he clearly loved his time here. Bit sad but times are hard and the new regime clearly aiming higher. I’m sure he will get some sort of ambassadorial role or similar back here when he finishes. You couldn’t meet a nicer guy.
Has "joining the staff post career" written all over him.

Hopefully this means I never have to hear the name “McSauce” ever again.

Top professional but never quite the level needed. Think he will do well in Italy and all the best.

“Good servant”Ha!

This is a guy with limited abilities, and yet somehow manage to have more appearances than Eric Cantona.

United has served him well. Not the other way around.

Napoli fans are soon going to be treated to McTominay misplacing passes and Lukaku enthusiastically clapping and giving a thumbs up every single time.

Gave us 100% every time, and he was a player you could trust. I must admit it hurts my United heart to see him leave.
I will never forget his game against Brentford:

DF-OP-UTD.jpg

Gives a great interview and speaks with a lot of responsibility. Just really limited as a footballer except in front of goal oddly enough

Status
Not open for further replies.