McTominay (Out) | announced - signed for Napoli

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been a good servant for the club and made the best of his talent and worked hard.

As limited a player he is worth 10 feckless idiots like Sancho, who can't be arsed.

He was someone who several managers probably resorted to using because others couldn't be trusted and some fans grew tired of this reliance on him.

What a journey for the lad

GBkmWxIWwAAIFkS

NINTCHDBPICT000701219178.jpg

0_Soccer-Barclays-Premier-Academy-League-Manchester-City-U18-v-Manchester-United-U18-Platt-Lane.jpg

shape%2Fcover%2Fsport%2FManchester-United-v-Manchester-City---Premier-Leag-7f9d8f51ad2377dcc71c5f90c3e46ccc.jpg

0x0.jpg

ErU0R4SXMAMk85S.jpg:large

AW4I4760_PgNXwbFh1702842237613_medium.jpg

577e3e7dec094c9f891f1327def28c44.jpg

849ecf1a-fa2c-47d1-beb3-9a407ce4e47f_a701cb4c.jpg

GGE2KBaXIAE9NzO

250 appearences later for his boyhood club and seems it's goodbye, for now at least.

Many thanks for his service and the blood, sweat and tears that he expended for our beloved club.

Will never say a negative word about him as a person, top professional and seemed a top teammate as well.

I have zero doubt that he'll always receive a very warm reception whenever he returns home

He'll probably do well at Napoli. When you look back at United players leaving for Serie A, like Smalling, Sanchez, Young, Lukaku etc. - they all did well it seems. If potentially Maguire and Lindelof leave at some point and go to Italy I think they'll be quite good, too. Can see it happening for one of them from this point until the end of next summer.

I’ll miss Scott. Was incredibly clutch in our worst ever PL season, always put a shift in and was a big part of back to back top 4 and top 2 finishes under Ole.

Smash it Scott!

I'm not sure he will even start. Lobotka and Anguissa are the two CM's and he is a different profile to Lobotka. He will be competing with Anguissa unless Conte has other plans
Yeah it’ll be either

Back 5
Lobotka Anguissa
Politano Lukaku Kvara

Or

Back 5
Lobotka McT
Politano Lukaku Kvara

He adds strength in depth to the midfield alongside Zielinski.

I'm not sure he will even start. Lobotka and Anguissa are the two CM's and he is a different profile to Lobotka. He will be competing with Anguissa unless Conte has other plans

if Conte goes with 5-2-3 (3-4-3, with FB pushing up). McTom could be the right attacker with his devastating speed, power, heading, and finishing.

Fancies himself as the next Maradona?

He'll have a fantastic life down there, be treated like royalty everywhere he goes, and get to play 90 minutes every week. I can't think of many better clubs to play for.

I was just joking. But yeah, he deserves a good club to play for.

Sad to see him go. Has his limitations but the perfect bench player who can add a lot of things to a game when needed.

Be sad to see him go. Guy has literally grown up at Utd and clearly loves the club.
Surprised to see some of the comments on here seemingly berating him.

Hope he has a successful career at Napoli if that is where he ends up!

Will he be an automatic starter for them? I don't know how good Napoli is these days.

Had to be done. Just not good enough if we are to move forward. 30m EUR with that sell on clause is good piece of business although I do wanted another 5m more..

i’ve seen the extended version. as soon as he walks away he takes it off and flings it across the car park, before firing his agent as “he’d been told multiple times to not let people approach him. especially fecking kids.”
I’ve seen a version where he pulls it back and lets it go and it flies across the path and hits a lad on crutches. The boy is crying and the parents are looking over in anger and McT just points at the girl in the wheelchair and motions with his eyes that it was her that did it

I’ve seen a version where he pulls it back and lets it go and it flies across the path and hits a lad on crutches. The boy is crying and the parents are looking over in anger and McT just points at the girl in the wheelchair and motions with his eyes that it was her that did it
Where are these videos? I cant find them, searched every where I can think of.

He looks really happy, happy for the guy. Guess I'm following Napoli in Italy now. Hope he smashes it there :-)

I think they're going to love him there.

And good post @Rolaholic - I think and hope the "for now" is correct too. I'd like to see him back in some capacity one day.

Hard to say anything bad about him as a person. Always tried his best whenever he put on the shirt. I hope the move is everything he could want as a footballer.

He looks really happy, happy for the guy. Guess I'm following Napoli in Italy now. Hope he smashes it there :-)

Moving to a nice city (though quite dirty as well) with great food there. Type of player he is and with Conte as his manager I think it'll work out well for Scott. Also he's 27 so basically in his prime atm.

He’s going to be a huge hit at Napoli and can’t wait to see his progress. A move he deserved at this stage of his career and much better than going to Fulham. Hopefully he wins a few major trophies under Conte.

Nice to see he's gone and getting this welcoming from Napoli fans. I didn't like him at all, but good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.