McTominay (Out) | announced - signed for Napoli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait for United to sign a 100m€ transfer fee for Italian phenom Scozzese Macatomini in a few years.

Nice to see him so warmly welcome by Napoli fans. Quite surprise they rate him so highly as well. Wish him all the best and will always welcome him to Old Trafford.

Reactions: BenitoSTARR
Bittersweet about this. He’s given us some wonderful moments, always gave his all and was a perfect professional with everything he did.

Feels like it’s one of those head over heart things as when it came down to it he just papered over the cracks in terms of not being up to scratch ability wise on the ball for where we want to be. Good luck to him.

McTominay played in a poor era for the club, which was hampered by dreadful owners and management team that didn't care about the clubs on field success. McTominay might not be a world class baller. But he gave absolutely everything for the club, which shows a lot of character given the toxic environment at times here. He provided us with some good memories as well, especially the goals against city and Leeds.

Mctominay is the sole recipient of "The Managers Player of the Season Award" at the end of the season awards created by Mourinho himself.

Probably a good time for him to move on to Napoli. He's going to another giant of European football rather than a mid table PL team. I think it's a great move for him and Conte is going to get the best out of him. He is not particularly technically gifted, but he has got the character and heart needed to be a squad player at a successful club. There is a reason all his managers he has played under liked him & it will be the same under Conte.

Last edited:
Reactions: BenitoSTARR
Best news for him is he gets to work with a far better coach than any he's ever worked with before

Might even learn "forward passing"!

I think he'll do OK in Naples but I wouldn't put it past him coming back to the PL next summer.

He looks really happy, happy for the guy. Guess I'm following Napoli in Italy now. Hope he smashes it there :-)

Have to say Italian fans welcome their players with such passion, it's impressive to see. It doesn't even matter how good you are either!

That said Atletico did a whole stadium presentation for Conor Gallagher in front of a load of fans. It does seem like overkill but a British fan perspective but it is quite nice for the players.

Wow such fervency from them. If they'd gotten Ugarte, it wouldn't just be those fans pushing, security will find they've lost Ugarte after about a minute, only to spot him feeling right at home pushing along in the crowds with the fans! :lol:

GWJPGJZWsAAVkYZ
He won’t be smiling like that next week, when he finds out 50% of his wages are payable to the Cosa Nostra

He won’t be smiling like that next week, when he finds out 50% of his wages are payable to the Cosa Nostra
He's in Naples, there's no cosa nostra over there. And the "system" takes good care of Napoli players, for the most part

Lovely reception for our Scott!
Nice to see.

Best news for him is he gets to work with a far better coach than any he's ever worked with before

Might even learn "forward passing"!
Mourinho gave Mctominay his debut and played him quite often since that faithful windy night in Seville.

2024 Conte a far better coach than 2018 Mourinho?

He is not particularly technically gifted, but he has got the character and heart needed to be a squad player at a successful club.

Kinda disagree with the bold, but endorse the latter part.

I think he’s got a top level first touch and can pass ten yards, and he’s got a great engine.

Conte has a knack for signing players and not asking them to do things they can’t, which is the opposite of how multiple managers have treated him here. I think he’ll be a success there under Conte.

Really glad he’s got a spot at a top club (that I adore) and an opportunity to kick on rather than stagnant or re-establish.

Lovely reception for our Scott!
Nice to see.

Mourinho gave Mctominay his debut and played him quite often since that faithful windy night in Seville.

2024 Conte a far better coach than 2018 Mourinho?
2022 Conte was. We're gonna find out

Euros, Luckhurst is saying it's potentially £30m with add ons
Cheers, that would be quite a grand fee. Can we have someone selling our players to Conte permanently?

Sancho to replace Kvara next season?

Again he wasn’t ever good enough to start for us, but I want nothing but the best for him and really hope he does well at Napoli.

Cheers, that would be quite a grand fee. Can we have someone selling our players to Conte permanently?

Sancho to replace Kvara next season?
Conte is more than welcome in the shop any time he likes at this point :lol:

The crazy man has been a real godsend for us when it comes to offloading players over the years.

Still shocked that we were able to recoup most of the Lukaku fee thanks to him

Nice to see him so warmly welcome by Napoli fans. Quite surprise they rate him so highly as well. Wish him all the best and will always welcome him to Old Trafford.
He should be rated by all. Undrated player and we are going to miss him and what he brings to the team.

Normally when a player leaves United I'm pretty indifferent about whether or not they succeed at their new club but with McTominay, I genuinely hope he's fantastic for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.