McTominay (Out) | announced - signed for Napoli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beckham was 24.5 m apparently and Greenwoods was 23 potentially rising to 26 with add ons not yet met obviously. Mikhtaryan was 30m. Although I thought he was a swop.

So he’s currently 4th behind Ronaldo, Lukaku and Di Maria and potentially dropping to 5th if Greenwood surpasses him.

Didn't we get something like 24-25M (with add ons) off of Everton for Morgan Schniederlin? Yes, I know, it seems hard to believe

Seeing people upset about Scott mctominay leaving shows how far we've fallen.

Would you think City would miss him if it were them getting rid? Not that he'd be in their squad in the first place.

McTominay may have been a fine squad player to keep if we were happy to consolidate our standing as a Europa league level club. Thankfully the new executive team are showing higher ambitions.
No it doesn't. We can still appreciate an academy product for who is and understand that his time is up.

He won us a few games. He gave us some nice emotions as fans and that will always be remembered.

Feck sake.

Always liked him as a hard working person who kept his head down and his game-changing goals. For me he is what United DNA and a United mentality is.

He might not be Ronaldo, but he's done everything he can here within his limits I believe.

Had some great performances too in his earlier years with the PSG performance with Fred next to him probably one of his best overall games. All the best to him at Napoli. I think we'll miss his goals this season.

Wishing him all the best. A fine player for our club who always gave his all. His game didn’t really fit what you’d want to see from this team but his attitude was always absolutely top notch. I am both delighted with the sale, as it’ll help us bring in players who better fit the quality and style of player needed at this club, and also sad to see him go because I appreciate his rise as an academy player and his never say die attitude.

An excellent squad player to have, does not complain or cause any issues. Pivotal transfer for the new regime, they know we dont like seeing senior homegrown players shown the door.

Liked him he gave his all, sometimes it was very good other times he was just another player.
Club needs to move on and hoping the new CM coming in are a upgrade only time will tell.

Wish him well ..

Think he can be a star of the league, like Ruben Loftus Cheek, who's even more physically and technically gifted though but McTominay is quicker and more agile, with better finishing.

Conte will love Mctominay. All our defensive managers use to.

Will do well in the Serie A.

In fact, he will look quick there :lol:

Still pissed off that Scott leaves the club before that absolute fraud lindelof.

This is a tough one for me for reasons far beyond football. McTominay's two late goals against Brentford wound up being the two last two United goals my dad got to see, which meant his last memories as a United supporter were happy ones. My first game without my dad was against Sheffield United (the day after he died, as luck would have it), and McTominay opened the scoring in that one; the goal simultaneously ripped my heart out (I'd never reacted to a goal with violent sobs before) and helped it heal a tiny bit. I actually wrote the club afterwards, to say thank you for the role it's played in my dad's and my relationship and for McTominay for giving him that final wonderful moment, and they sent a signed picture - it has pride of place on the bookshelf behind my desk. As a great man once said: football - bloody hell.

I like the fact that he moves away because it seem like re squad players always end up getting very significant minutes.
While he loves the clubs to bit and I really like him, he's not at the requiered level as a CM, DM or Nr 10.

Hope he does well in Italy. Very interesting move.

Good luck to him, think he will be a success over there and will miss him, clearly loved the club and gave his all to his limits which is all we can ask whilst a player is here.

Will always remember Leeds, City during Covid and the Brentford comeback.

What a fantastic move for him

Beautiful city, highly prestigious club, fanatic fanbase, one of the world's great managers and a squad who'll fancy a real tilt at the title this season

Wish Scotty all the best - always a red

This is a tough one for me for reasons far beyond football. McTominay's two late goals against Brentford wound up being the two last two United goals my dad got to see, which meant his last memories as a United supporter were happy ones. My first game without my dad was against Sheffield United (the day after he died, as luck would have it), and McTominay opened the scoring in that one; the goal simultaneously ripped my heart out (I'd never reacted to a goal with violent sobs before) and helped it heal a tiny bit. I actually wrote the club afterwards, to say thank you for the role it's played in my dad's and my relationship and for McTominay for giving him that final wonderful moment, and they sent a signed picture - it has pride of place on the bookshelf behind my desk. As a great man once said: football - bloody hell.
You’ll always have the memories and a great memento from the club mate. Sorry about your Dad

Personally I'd not have him among the first names on my team sheet. But that being said I am sad that he's leaving.

It feels like losing a family member somehow which is weird cos I've never rated him. I guess I admired his dedication and service to our club.

I wish him all the best and hope he tears it up in Italy and earns a name for himself like a certain "Mike" Smalling.

Good luck Scotty!

1. Ten Hag personally sabotaged the private jet in June delaying the transfer
  2. The first week in July ETH piloted the plane but took him to Uruguay
  3. In early August he spotted Ugarte arriving at Carrington and drove him back to Paris.
  4. ETH told United executives he is ready to quit to join McTominay in Naples if his move is sanctioned
  5. ETH wrote personal letters to the Premier League to block the sale

Brilliant move for him. He’ll be great there. Serie A isn’t the tactical Masterclass that it used to be.

Conte will get a tune out of him, Napoli play riskier than most (though probably not under Conte). He’s strong, runs loads and will be a goal threat.

Hope he makes a really good go of it. I adore Napoli, and Naples. Phenomenal place to live

Back on loan at Nottingham Forrest within 18 month
this move will definitely make other clubs from Prem believe in his value even after he fails in Napoli. If used as a SS, Conte might actually get something out of him initially, but it won't take too long to play second fiddle there.

Good for Scott though, got himself a remarkable career already out of his talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.