McTominay (Out) | announced - signed for Napoli

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is an okay player. Good for bench strength, not good enough for first team.

Doesn’t warrant the comments in here though, if used correctly, he can be a hit at Napoli.

Our style of play has changed so often, and he’s not the most versatile player, mostly fit for a counter attacking/ crossing team.

Given he finds the right team that suits his style, we’ll see a much more productive player, and probably will question why he’s sold for just 30m

Good post.

Mctominays been a good player for us and his goals have bailed us out of sticky situations enough times. Always plays with full effort and works his socks off.
Isn’t it a pity others don’t follow suite. You know who I’m talking about, a fellow graduate of the club.

Some odd comments from the Goldbridge fan Bois on here.

Scott McTominay played for Manchester United. Not many people can say that.

Good luck to him.
Weird comment

What does Goldbridge or "has played for Man United" have to do with anything?

Lots of assholes and useless footballers have played for United. Some still do. How is that a measure of anything? You seem to try to shut any fan who has not played for United.

McT deserves ton of respect because he came through our academy, has ALWAYS treated the club with love and respect, always fought for us as much as he could, and in the end moved on without any drama for reportedly a very nice sum of money. He also was not on very high wages so there is literally no reason why any United fan should not thank him.

At the same time, anybody with an ounce of football knowledge and eyes can see that he is not what we need and he is not the level United needs to fight for trophies. But none of that is on him.

Wish him best of luck and very excited that this hopefully benefits all parties involved. Wish we could say the same about Maguire, Lindelof, Casemiro, Eriksen, and Sancho

Weird comment

What does Goldbridge or "has played for Man United" have to do with anything?

Lots of assholes and useless footballers have played for United. Some still do. How is that a measure of anything? You seem to try to shut any fan who has not played for United.

McT deserves ton of respect because he came through our academy, has ALWAYS treated the club with love and respect, always fought for us as much as he could, and in the end moved on without any drama for reportedly a very nice sum of money. He also was not on very high wages so there is literally no reason why any United fan should not thank him.

At the same time, anybody with an ounce of football knowledge and eyes can see that he is not what we need and he is not the level United needs to fight for trophies. But none of that is on him.

Wish him best of luck and very excited that this hopefully benefits all parties involved. Wish we could say the same about Maguire, Lindelof, Casemiro, Eriksen, and Sancho
Well said, Naples looks like a very nice city and the climate, dare I say just might be a tad warmer and sunnier than good old Manchester.
Good luck on your new adventure Scott, thanks for the service and the goals.

Good luck Scottie. Always liked him but he wasn‘t good enough. Better than leeches like Sancho though, who we cannot get rid off.

Still good deal all around. However we need two CM now.

Only way I could see another midfielder is Rabiot but would still need to shift a couple more

What this is pay off news that is coming out? That would be setting dangerous precedent that every player we sell demands to be paid off his remaining salary. Or these 2 ( AWB and Scott) had that in their contract

Like I said before, it'd be a dream come true for me to see us sell McTominay. This is a great fee and I can't wait for him to be a Napoli player. Wish we could get more exits done but this would be amazing.

What this is pay off news that is coming out? That would be setting dangerous precedent that every player we sell demands to be paid off his remaining salary. Or these 2 ( AWB and Scott) had that in their contract

Yeah I was wondering about that too

He wasn't the best and it does feel like we are finally moving on players that aren't good enough but good luck to him.

I mean this is standard business/contract rules. Nothing that these 2 players are just demanding out of the blue.

Good fee for an average player.

Don't care what anyone says, he was never good enough for Utd, like Lindelof, Maguire, Martial etc.. I'll never understand how they lasted as long as they have at the club. It's baffling.

Must be a great life to be a shite footballer at United.

You get to play regular football despite not being any good. You get paid a fortune for doing so. Then when it's time to move on, you get to demand a pay off from the club before you do.

Then when you do go, you get a bunch of people online singing your praises "ah he's a good lad, I'll miss him, top red".

Good riddance. He was rubbish. In another life, he'd be fitting tyres for a living.
Wow, not sure what to say. Probably one of the most disrespectful posts I've seen.

For a team that can’t score goals, I trust any new signings will replace his valuable goals from midfield.

I never thought I'd say this but he's not the midfielder we should be selling. He still has some use and I can name about 4 midfielders we should have sold before him.

I never thought I'd say this but he's not the midfielder we should be selling. He still has some use and I can name about 4 midfielders we should have sold before him.

Name those that we could sell and get the fee we apparently need to sign a starting midfielder that we desperately need.

Honestly, some of the posts here are fecking disgraceful, posted by people who have never played a game of Sunday league, never watched a match live, never coached at grassroots level, it's completely disrespectful to professional players especially those like McTominay who has given EVERYTHING for the club since he joined as a boy.

Whilst we drink pints watching United play against City, McTominay played, and played well.

Is he good enough to start at a top club week in week out? That's a different question, but there should at least be a bit of respect put to the name of an academy graduate who earned the respect of some of the greatest managers of all time.

Good post.

I wonder if, after the deal goes through, we offered them the McTominay fee back again, plus Rashford, for Khvicha Kvaratskhelia would they go for it? :lol:

He's averaged 1 in 10 throughout his career. Nearly every midfielder we have on the books has a better record.
Yea always odd to me when 29 goals over 255 appearances gets propped up as something we absolutely need in the team.

He was a good servant of the club and academy success story but that's about where it ends for me in terms of on the pitch related praise. This is a good move for all parties involved

His way of playing football, the stupidity of his decisions, mistakes etc... All of it made me terribly nervous and pissed off hence he was obnoxious.
So because YOU were nervous and pissed off, he's obnoxious? That's a really interesting jump in emotions mate.

I would have been happy to keep him as a squad player - he's not on big bucks and is handy to throw on late in the game if chasing a goal or needing an extra arial defender.

He was never a starter and will never be - that's fine though you can't have 25 of them.

If he goes he goes with my best wishes and hope the move will be remembered fondly by him - the fans could really get behind him and make his experience worthwhile.

Who was the genius putting these 'club triggers additional year = player gets % transfer fee' clauses into all our recent contracts? Judge?

If it's money you want, it's him or Mainoo I'm afraid.

Well said, Naples looks like a very nice city and the climate, dare I say just might be a tad warmer and sunnier than good old Manchester.
Naples is pretty much a dump. Went there this year, it's one of Italy's poorer cities, dirty, and not a ton to look at. Port city that the jobs have moved out of with run down infrastructure. Food is great though, I'll give it that.

Manchester is a far nicer place to live. Or London, would take that (Fulham) in a heartbeat over Naples. Obviously Naples is a better team, but Italian football is meh. If he wants to play there there's far nicer cities than Naples.

I think so

To think someone versed in contract law, overseeing a payroll of £200m a year, wouldnt be able to predict what sort of damage that could do to the club's potential to sell players. We could probably have straightforwardly sold AWB, McTominay and Maguire last summer without these insane clauses.

It’s a great move for him - Napoli is a brilliant club and the area is beautiful. It’s a great move for us as it helps us move forward in a different direction.

He’s infuriated me a lot, but nowhere near as much as others who have taken the piss (which he never did) and those same others who still are taking the piss - he never did that and, for that, I wish him all the best in the next stage of his career.

See Naples and die. At least that's what they used to say about it. I enjoyed my visit there. Amalfi Coast is beautiful. Pompeii is close by and places like Positano are within easy reach. Good luck Scott. I hope you do well there.

See Naples and die. At least that's what they used to say about it. I enjoyed my visit there. Amalfi Coast is beautiful. Pompeii is close by and places like Positano are within easy reach. Good luck Scott. I hope you do well there.

Just returned from there and it’s beautiful as you say. He’ll need to stock up on that factor 50

I really can't understand why he played on Saturday if he was on the verge of leaving and therefore not in the manager's plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.