McTominay (Out) | announced - signed for Napoli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha. True.

However, it always does amaze me that some players have a horrible first touch or absolutely cannot use their weaker foot. Which makes me think how much more the game can improve overall.
The majority of those footballers can use their weaker foot, but they can’t use it to manipulate the ball in the way needed at this level, so they don’t use it. When you watch them train you see what they can do under no pressure.

The majority of those footballers can use their weaker foot, but they can’t use it to manipulate the ball in the way needed at this level, so they don’t use it. When you watch them train you see what they can do under no pressure.

Good point.

Must be a great life to be a shite footballer at United.

You get to play regular football despite not being any good. You get paid a fortune for doing so. Then when it's time to move on, you get to demand a pay off from the club before you do.

Then when you do go, you get a bunch of people online singing your praises "ah he's a good lad, I'll miss him, top red".

Good riddance. He was rubbish. In another life, he'd be fitting tyres for a living.
Harsh post :lol:

We've been crap for years because the likes of these have overstayed there welcome. Good luck but he won't be missed.

Getting the dross out is the first thing you do when building a balanced squad.

Last edited:
Honestly, there are shite players we've sold over the years that I'm sure would dominate amateur football.

Lingard, Van De Beek, Schneiderlin, Kleberson, even Herrera who is admittedly better than the others, but still romanticised by idiot ToP ReDs to an absurd degree because of his nationality. All have a bit of nous and some technical ability. They'd run rings around your average Sunday leaguer.

Even the brainless ones like Dan James, Obertan, Bellion... they'd be too quick and skillful for your average pint skuller to cope with.

McTominay does nothing. He's a low IQ Scotsman who throws himself in the direction of a football and sometimes it hits off him and goes in.

"Oh but he puts in a good shift". Yeah so would a border collie if you put it in midfield. Doesn't mean shite.
You're being very disrespectful and frankly, talking out of your arse.

McT may not be good enough to be a starter for United but he's a decent squad player if played correctly. It's not his fault that we've fecked up midfield reinforcement over the past 10 years thus he's had to be a starter at times or have had some average managers, including EtH.

You certainly can't remember Bellion or Obertan if you think they've had more impact than McT.

As others have said, he wouldn't be top of my transfer list but it's not a case of INEOS being incisive. IMO it's more a case of not being able to shift Eriksen or Casemiro who should be sold first.

Wouldn't have minded keeping him as a squad player option. It is what it is. Decent money and helps with the Ugarte deal / FFP.

Good luck Scotty! Really hope he does well there.

Honestly, some of the posts here are fecking disgraceful, posted by people who have never played a game of Sunday league, never watched a match live, never coached at grassroots level, it's completely disrespectful to professional players especially those like McTominay who has given EVERYTHING for the club since he joined as a boy.

Whilst we drink pints watching United play against City, McTominay played, and played well.

Is he good enough to start at a top club week in week out? That's a different question, but there should at least be a bit of respect put to the name of an academy graduate who earned the respect of some of the greatest managers of all time.

How do you know he is happy with that? You need someone to buy you before you can leave... Or do you think he just will rip up his contract and miss a lot of money?
Perhaps prioritising his wages over game time is the reason? In any case it just shows her average a footballer he is when no one is in for him.

Good luck to Scott, didn’t rate him and happy he is going. 10 more of him left in the squad milking the club

Solid fee for him, good all around for us. He got more stick than he deserved here, but obviously was an impact sub at best.

Not sure what Napoli are building towards having McTominay and Lukaku for big money, but feck it.

Must be a great life to be a shite footballer at United.

You get to play regular football despite not being any good. You get paid a fortune for doing so. Then when it's time to move on, you get to demand a pay off from the club before you do.

Then when you do go, you get a bunch of people online singing your praises "ah he's a good lad, I'll miss him, top red".

Good riddance. He was rubbish. In another life, he'd be fitting tyres for a living.
Shocking

Honestly, there are shite players we've sold over the years that I'm sure would dominate amateur football.

Lingard, Van De Beek, Schneiderlin, Kleberson, even Herrera who is admittedly better than the others, but still romanticised by idiot ToP ReDs to an absurd degree because of his nationality. All have a bit of nous and some technical ability. They'd run rings around your average Sunday leaguer.

Even the brainless ones like Dan James, Obertan, Bellion... they'd be too quick and skillful for your average pint skuller to cope with.

McTominay does nothing. He's a low IQ Scotsman who throws himself in the direction of a football and sometimes it hits off him and goes in.

"Oh but he puts in a good shift". Yeah so would a border collie if you put it in midfield. Doesn't mean shite.
You joined 2008. Something doesn't add up

Honestly, some of the posts here are fecking disgraceful, posted by people who have never played a game of Sunday league, never watched a match live, never coached at grassroots level, it's completely disrespectful to professional players especially those like McTominay who has given EVERYTHING for the club since he joined as a boy.

Whilst we drink pints watching United play against City, McTominay played, and played well.

Is he good enough to start at a top club week in week out? That's a different question, but there should at least be a bit of respect put to the name of an academy graduate who earned the respect of some of the greatest managers of all time.
Good post.

Mctominays been a good player for us and his goals have bailed us out of sticky situations enough times. Always plays with full effort and works his socks off.

I’d also add in the fact he’s a Scottish national hero.

All the best, and that. Should've probably gone a long time earlier but he's an academy player who scored a few iconic goals here and there.

Good luck to him and I think it is the right choice. Turning 28 and his top wage has been 60K P/W, need a big contract now or it might never come.

He wasn't amazing for Utd but he was also nowhere near as bad as some like to make out and was often the easy scapegoat to avoid criticizing favoured players or the manager. I pity Maguire and Rashford now.

Well some of us pay a fortune to follow the club, so a bit disingenuous to suggest we haven’t earned the right to slag off players not good enough to play for us. I have nothing against the kid but he has been well compensated for being average for us. I am sure he won’t be able to do the job I do either, doesn’t mean he shouldn’t expect the highest standard from me or my colleagues.
Goodluck to him but this is not Paul Scholes or Giggs that were at some point even better than United but stayed to help the team

Remember watching him in U21's, his performances were just OK but clearly physically he was beyond that level.

But the most impressive part was his post match interview. Had the mentality of a United player as a teenager.

Hope he does well at Napoli.

I still don't dare to believe. It might fall through for a myriad of reasons.

Wish him all the best but it’s a good fee and the right time now.

Good riddance, one of the most obnoxious players durign the wheel era, especially with Fred in combination. Good luck!

All you can ask from anyone is that they do their best. Scott might not be the most talented but he always tried his best and deserves respect for it. Madness how many people seem to think that only the most talented are worthy of respect and that character counts for nothing. This is a good deal for United but Scott will always be welcome back at OT I’m sure.

When oh when will United just cut out the middle man and just hire Conte :lol:

Good riddance, one of the most obnoxious players durign the wheel era, especially with Fred in combination. Good luck!

Do you know what obnoxious means? If so that’s a fairly strange comment. The last thing I’m describe him as is obnoxious.

Not very easily, Eriksen or Mount coming on instead aren't going be chipping with 10 goals this season.

I just hope we intend to bring another forward in if he goes, and not just Ugarte
This sounds like he gets 10 goals every season. That’s just not true, before last season he’s never come close to that total and no saying he ever will again.

Some odd comments from the Goldbridge fan Bois on here.

Scott McTominay played for Manchester United. Not many people can say that.

Good luck to him.

Once again as per the AWB thread - EVERY player gets a payoff, it's the loyalty bonus in their contracts, the media just know United fans like to kick up a fuss so they make a habit of mentioning it everytime they can.

The only time a player isn't going to receive a payoff is when they request a transfer, this is why you rarely see it happen.

What a wonderful club for him to move to. Cracking country & city as well. He has his qualities and will always be somewhat of a cult hero, even though he isn't what United should want as a club. Has won silverware here, had some wonderful moments and now it's time to go.

It's a sign of United moving forward that he and AWB (amongst others) are moved on.

Once again as per the AWB thread - EVERY player gets a payoff, it's the loyalty bonus in their contracts, the media just know United fans like to kick up a fuss so they make a habit of mentioning it everytime they can.

The only time a player isn't going to receive a payoff is when they request a transfer, this is why you rarely see it happen.

Thanks. Didn’t know that. Of course the media will mention it every time then.

Status
Not open for further replies.