McTominay (Out) | announced - signed for Napoli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just hope they start recruiting correctly. The best way to avoid having to clear out “deadwood” is not signing it in the first place.
Oh absolutely agree , though there would always be players who wouldn't make it here but we must do is to avoid technically limited players .

Good player, always liked McT. Hope he does well over there

Perhaps we can bring in a last minute controlling midfielder in as well as Ugarte.

Good for United and good for Scotty. Happy for him. Not good enough for where we should be, but absolutely has the correct mentality.

I find it fascinating that the same people are identifying Billy Gilmour and McT as their main midfield targets. I see them as completely different levels of players. I guess I am underrating McT.

Been a servant of the club but this has been long overdue. Excellent fee. Good luck to him, and Naples is a very, very good city to be rich.

Sign two midfielders now.

Could never fault his commitment, but we have better players in his preferred position. It's good to see the new structure being a bit more brutal when it comes to selling players, even accepting one or two will slip through the net and succeed elsewhere (that's what buyback/sell-on clauses are for).

Good luck to him and hope he does well at Napoli.

Fair play to him for trying out Italy. Hope he has a great time over there like Smalling.

Don't see this being simple even with a fee agreement. He'll definitely be after some degree of loyalty bonus now the precedent has been set.
What do you mean precedent? Do you think AWB was the first player paid off?

I always liked McT even if he's a West Ham level player at heart. Good luck to him

This feels like a board and owners who are ready to make decisions that even the fans dither on, for the good of the club.

This is a player that should have probably been moved on after his first year or two when it became clear how limited he was. The fact he has made 255 appearances for United is staggering, and is a sign of how poorly we have been run for a very long time now.

This feels like we are finally being put back on the tracks and might actually have a chance now.

I hope it turns out to be a great move for Scott and that Napoli have a role for him where he can thrive, but the fact that he won’t be playing any more minutes in midfield for United is a big deal.

Sounds like McTominay is still holding this up. Wouldn't surprise me if the window closes and McTominay is still a United player.

This feels like a board and owners who are ready to make decisions that even the fans dither on, for the good of the club.

This is a player that should have probably been moved on after his first year or two when it became clear how limited he was. The fact he has made 255 appearances for United is staggering, and is a sign of how poorly we have been run for a very long time now.

This feels like we are finally being put back on the tracks and might actually have a chance now.

I hope it turns out to be a great move for Scott and that Napoli have a role for him where he can thrive, but the fact that he won’t be playing any more minutes in midfield for United is a big deal.
Agree entirely, wish him well but he should have been gone years ago if we were a top club. Cant help think Napoli will have buyers remorse in a years time when he is playing 90 mins every week for them.

Good move for him. Hope he enjoys his time in Italy.

It's great to see us finally moving on the players that needed to go. It's looking like our best window in forever if we can get reinforcements in midfield. Hopefully we can ditch Sancho to.

Seems like a good lad but a distinctly average footballer. Hope he does well over there. Glad we sold him.

Sad to see him leave. Even fewer options in midfield now. Quality impact sub but not good enough to start.

So we now have Mainoo, Casemiro, Eriksen, Mount, Collyer and Bruno for the 3 midfield spots?

Eriksen cant last 90... Casemiro looks done too.. Bruno is hardly ideal playing deep. We really are stretched thin.. we need more than just Ugarte...

Where are you seeing this?

Di Marzio who is pretty reliable for Italian clubs. So i'm guessing that's what his source at Napoli briefed him. Said McTominay still has some issues to settle with us. So sounds like another Wan-Bissaka.

Thanks Scottie for your good service to the club. You gave your all.

So we now have Mainoo, Casemiro, Eriksen, Mount, Collyer and Bruno for the 3 midfield spots?

Eriksen cant last 90... Casemiro looks done too.. Bruno is hardly ideal playing deep. We really are stretched thin.. we need more than just Ugarte...

I agree we need more than Ugarte, but there were always going to be positions where we were thin and undermanned after 1 summer window given the state of disrepair that INEOS inherited.

What matters is whether the players we bring in advance our technical level of play on the pitch at a level commensurate with expenditure. That will need to be determined after the season.

If they can bring in another CM aside from Ugarte or Collyer elevates into being a genuine squad level player then I'd feel a lot better as well.

Ugarte is imminent

Good move for all parties, we'll miss his goals but overall he's really not good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.