McTominay (Out) | announced - signed for Napoli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conte will get the best out of him, best of luck Scott and will be following Naples even more now!

Great to see the gaffer cleaning out all the goal threats.
You can please all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Good fee and a chance of more down the line. Squeezing that out of an Italian club isn't half bad.

Depends on the sauce. McSugo or McSalsa or maybe McCondimento. McTerminator is just McTerminator.
McSalsa is the one

I know it’s an unpopular opinion but as a squad player we are going to miss him.

Good luck to him, about as good a move as he could hope for. Pleased to see another player who simply isn’t good enough being sold rather than given a new contract. He won’t really be missed and this is overdue by a few years but have to make sure we invest the money well and upgrade our midfield.

Actually, you do make an excellent point. INEOS are creating a squad for a future head coach as much as the current one.

You can guarantee that our next coach will have a completely different philosophy and require a completely different squad

I wanted Sancho out more but this deal is important for us to get Urgate.

I don' think there's ever been such a mediocre player make so many appearances for this club. He's generally been fecking shite since his debut and should have been sold years ago.

Rashford and Sancho next please.

Good price - always sad to see an academy player leave but he has played a lot of games for us and should be proud of his achievements.

Actually, you do make an excellent point. INEOS are creating a squad for a future head coach as much as the current one.
A future head coach who is going to be stuck with all of ten Hags old Ajax squad

Not sure how I feel about this. If he does go, then I hope we use the money to bring in someone else alongside Ugarte.

Saddest I felt as a United supporter since the day it was announced that SAF retired.
Hope Scott smashed it in Italy and gets to win the Scudetto.

Odious decision by the powers that be, what ex Ajax player from that pointless team that bottled a KO tie to Spurs are we signing to replace him on deadline day?

This is the end
Beautiful friend.

I know it’s an unpopular opinion but as a squad player we are going to miss him.
That entirely depends on who replaces him, I don't think we will if he is adequately replaced. If It's Collyer, then you're probably right.

You can guarantee that our next coach will have a completely different philosophy and require a completely different squad
That coach won't make it past the job interview. It is clear INEOS want to design a style of play and a squad capable of enacting that, and then employing a coach with a similar vision. No longer will we have the turnover in playing style we have had.

We must make sure that he goes straight to the airport. If he tries anything fancy he might lose himself.

Based on what? Our squad is decent and full of young players who can play for any manager in the world. I feel like this is such a made-up issue and honestly a myth that I suspect was born during the LvG/Mourinho years on here.
A future head coach who is going to be stuck with all of ten Hags old Ajax squad

Like Onana, De Ligt, Mazraoui and Martínez? Which manager wouldn't want these players?

Saddest I felt as a United supporter since the day it was announced that SAF retired.
Hope Scott smashed it in Italy and gets to win the Scudetto.

Odious decision by the powers that be, what ex Ajax player from that pointless team that bottled a KO tie to Spurs are we signing to replace him on deadline day?

This is the end
Beautiful friend.
Don't worry it'll be alright. There are better prospects than McT in our academy. You'll be happy as a bunny again if Jack Fletcher makes his senior debut.

He never made a fuss nor I ever heard of attitude issues from him so I wish him well for representing United to the best of his abilities but unfortunately that level is nowhere near the required standard.

If it wasn't for Jose he probably would have left United years ago. Decent squad player but really not a first choice starter that he found himself as under Ole, when the MF issues were never addressed.

At 28 its a good time for him to go and try something new. Will probably do well in Italy due to the slower nature of their game. Be interesting to see where Napoli play him. Good luck to him.

It's going to be so weird seeing him in a Napoli shirt.

If i was asked before all this to name other clubs i could see McTominay playing at, Napoli wouldnt have been in the top 30.

But I've been told repeatedly that no one will pay 30m for him and we should have just sold him for whatever?

Brilliant, good luck Scotty. Never good enough to be a United regular but certainly conducted himself with dedication and professionalism like one, unlike others we could mention.

Also his goals saved us from a bottom half finish last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.