McTominay (Out) | announced - signed for Napoli

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this stage just take the £20m and try to squeeze some add ons. Otherwise we end up losing a fairly average player for free next summer. He’s not pivotal to our success. Too much love affair with players from our youth system. So many are average at best and end up lingering at the club for way too long.

Or you can re-sign him... Tough decision but I'd hold for the fee and worst case we keep him.

That's what elite level transfer negotiations looks like. So glad we have actual competent people in charge.

The rest of your clamoring to sell at sub 30M are just poor negotiators. You got to risk it to win the biscuit.

fairly good cameo, classic McT turning up once in 20 games, should nick 5m million in transfer fee after this. Reinvest the money straight away.

Just get Ugarte over the line and another smart loan.

Napoli saw that performance yesterday and paid up that extra €5m. Good job.

I hope he does well over there but he’s genuinely one of the most limited players to ever get significant game time for us. I feel like the main loss to the team will be his personality as he seems like a decent lad.

We’ve done well here getting that fee. All the best Scotty.

End of the McFred era!

I actually really liked Mct from the LvG Days and was hopeful that he would anchor our midfield. But sadly, he never kicked on and improved...

Not sure how much the percentage of a future sale will actually be worth unless he has quite a short stint at Napoli. He'll be 28 before this year is out, so his value is only going to decline with each year that passes.

But still, good to see the sale get done.

I don't mind him leaving, but I wouldn't have minded if he stayed one more season and left next summer either. There was plenty of interest in him both this and last summer, so with 1 year left on his deal, we could've still got a decent fee for him in 2025. All in all, this feels a bit sad as I feel like he's a really underrated player and I already see the masses celebrating his departure, which is just wrong.

I think he has the tools to do very well in Italy, especially in a Conte team.

That's a great deal and just shows patience and holding firm in negotiations pays off. I'm so glad some members on Caf don't negotiate for us, they would have taken peanuts :-)

£25.4m / €30m plus a future sell on fee

At this stage just take the £20m and try to squeeze some add ons. Otherwise we end up losing a fairly average player for free next summer. He’s not pivotal to our success. Too much love affair with players from our youth system. So many are average at best and end up lingering at the club for way too long.
Great advice, glad they listened.

How do you say McSauce and McTerminator in Italian

As with AWB, there's many players I'd have loved gone before him, but he's just too limited in what he offers. Mind you in their sales AWB and MCT will still be providing more usefulness than the deadwood of Sancho etc.

Wish him success, thanks for actually caring about the club.

Wait so this deal is important for FFP, meaning we can't get in another midfielder just Ugarte in Scotty out and that'll be it?

Happy for Napoli though. Just like we never truly replaced Keane, Napoli never truly replaced Maradona. Until now.

Good fee and a chance of more down the line. Squeezing that out of an Italian club isn't half bad.

How do you say McSauce and McTerminator in Italian
Depends on the sauce. McSugo or McSalsa or maybe McCondimento. McTerminator is just McTerminator.

Let’s go! Hopefully McT accepts but wouldn’t think Napoli would go through all this trouble if he hadn’t given him any indication he’s willing to join them.

Nothing against McT but he just doesn’t fit into our team. Wish him all the best.

Appreciate the service. Should never have started so many games for us but that's not on him.

That is an excellent deal, especially with the sell-on and compared to our previous history of sales. Thanks for the memories Scott, and good luck in Serie A.

Status
Not open for further replies.