McTominay (Out) | announced - signed for Napoli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just sell for 25m. Ask for 5m in add ons aswell. We’re making a profit either way on this.

That’s just their initial bid, which will be rejected. They will need to up that by at least €10-12m hopefully.
They won’t. We will try to hold out for €40m-€45m which they can’t afford and we will end up keeping him.

I like the guy, but god getting him out the squad would be like a new signing for me. Fed up of watching him play for Utd. Just nowhere near the level of quality required.

They won’t. We will try to hold out for €40m-€45m which they can’t afford and we will end up keeping him.
Not just keeping him. We will need to offer him a new contract (or trigger extension).
Next year he will not worth half of this bid.

Surely this has to go through now. We clearly want to sell, it’s good move for Mctominay and his value will plummet going forward. Time to compromise and make sure we sell now rather than playing hardball over a few million.

Nothing surer than him signing for Napoli and at some stage in the season he scores a last gasp winner, runs over to the by then beleaguered manager, Antonio Conte, and they do that grabbing-each-other-by-the-face-and-screaming-wild-eyed-at-each-other-like-absolute-maniacs celebration.

Not just keeping him. We will need to offer him a new contract (or trigger extension).
Next year he will not worth half of this bid.
We might trigger extension but won’t offer him a new deal. I think we actually won’t trigger the extension and will let him walk for free next year.

I think the McTominay deal will get done eventually. Hopefully more outgoings and we can squeeze in Ugarte and another CM.

Surely the money for McTominay, Pellistri and Hannibal would fund him, think we need to sell Sancho if we want to sign another player

Just take the fee. Others clubs have come calling and gone elsewhere we need to get rid.

We are losing more players than we are signing. Our squad is looking increasingly bereft particularly in midfield. It McT and Sancho go who on earth are we bringing in.

We are losing more players than we are signing. Our squad is looking increasingly bereft particularly in midfield. It McT and Sancho go who on earth are we bringing in.

We haven't been linked to any CM's, however if we can sell both maybe there is a target who has been kept under wraps if the opportunity presents itself through selling those two. I know that sounds a mad theory but it could be the plan.

It feels ridiculous that we would be fine selling Pellistri for measly 6 million euros, but we would become all stubborn about making 25millions and not 30 on McTominay sale, especially if we need money to bring in the critical midfielder(s) like a quality DMF. McT is a surplus to our needs, especially now that we have Zirkzee. The goal against Fulham was very telling - McT wanted to take it but Zirkzee was having none of it and did what ambitious striker should - finished it off skillfully and claimed as his own.

McT is a nothing midfielder, his only value usually comes from rushing into the opposition box and scoring, which may sound awesome but really he just impedes what strikers should be doing

He needs to be sold, and considering how low we are selling everybody, 25 million is an ok offer. Can we stop being dumb about it and do what needs to be done?

We rejected £30m from West Ham last year because we valued him higher and he had a decent season.

Yes, but this is the last year of his contract and he’s 28 this year. 30 million is our valuation. If they don’t take that offer, it would be shocking.

I would even sell him for 20 million.

Because we need a better back-up for Mainoo.
It seems there are 2 groups here. The first group is the "gone at all costs" because they think he's shite.

The second group think he is/was a decent squad player but needs upgrading and rightly think the club needs to hold out for maximum value.

20 million is too low. Anything above 25m and this probably gets done.

If they can pay €30m for Lukaku surely they can pay more than €25m for Scotty
Except Lukaku is far more useful in Italy and McT only has one year left - so he will go for free in a year, if we don't stop being idiots about it and make some profit while we can

We are lucky McT is not pulling Maguire/Lindelof and is not milking us while running down his contract

Status
Not open for further replies.