McTominay (Out) | announced - signed for Napoli

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can feck off with their loan , I’d prefer if he was kept as a squad player

Might hurt short term but it was the right call.

We need to stop being pushovers in the market and that means putting your foot down and being tough, doesn’t matter how desperate you are.

Will that matter if we end up selling him for less though? Or worse if we cant sell him?

What Di Marzio wrote about McTominay to Napoli 1 hour ago:

In London Manna (Napoli SD) memorized Manchester United's demands for McTominay and the Scottish midfielder's willingness.
For the deal to succeed, however, € 30 million are needed, which would come from the sale of Osimhen (unless Conte considers his purchase a priority).

Patience is needed to see how Osimhen situation develops first

With how many clubs are reportedly interested in him (Turkish clubs, Fulham, Napoli) you'd think he'll be gone by the end of the window. Hopefully that will be the case as we probably need money to get Ugarte.

Either get a decent fee for him and use that money to get someone like Ugarte or just keep him as a squad player. He is a very useful player to have in the squad. They can sod off with their loan offers.

Even if we sell Mctominay, it seems to be very clear we do not value Ugarte at the price they are requesting. So would we just change the terms of the deal?

Might hurt short term but it was the right call.

We need to stop being pushovers in the market and that means putting your foot down and being tough, doesn’t matter how desperate you are.

Like when we rejected £30m for him last summer?

What Di Marzio wrote about McTominay to Napoli 1 hour ago:

In London Manna (Napoli SD) memorized Manchester United's demands for McTominay and the Scottish midfielder's willingness.
For the deal to succeed, however, € 30 million are needed, which would come from the sale of Osimhen (unless Conte considers his purchase a priority).

Patience is needed to see how Osimhen situation develops first
Antonio Conte, can you do something for me?

Napoli can do one. Asking for billions for their players, but expecting handouts from others. None of that loan rubbish.

We rejected the McTominay offer. Knew it was a mistake. Maguite wanted a huge pay off so that never went anywhere.

Yeah it's hard to fault the Maguire one. His pay off would've left us negative on the deal, and no cash to replace him with.

Arent West Ham looking for a midfielder?

And I dont believe Contes priority, that seems a little off somehow.

Money could come in too late to be able to use it. Oshimen is not close to leaving.

Reports suggest we’ve had personal terms agreed with Ugarte for weeks so a deal should be pretty straightforward to do if we can get the cash from McTominay’s sale.
I think we want Ugarte regardless of Scott. If he leaves we might want another player.

My stupid football app just gave me a "Confirmed Transfer - McTominay to Napoli" notification, and I got all excited :lol:

I suspect he'll tear up Serie A with a coach that believes in him. He's not the right fit for our team at the moment but he has something to offer in the right setup.

Arent West Ham looking for a midfielder?

My mates dad who went to watch the open training for Naples came back and was absolutely shocked that they basically did zero work with the ball. His wing-backs are expected to, after coming off for 45 mins in their pre-season games, to go and do extra running. I think Conte would absolutely love a box crasher like McTominay the way he is planning to play. He's going to leave Lobotka and hopefully Gilmour at the back, and throw everyone into the box. I can very much see it happening to be honest and so does my Napoli supporting mate.

Conte loves a work horse. An honest player. His whole MO is getting the most out of a eclectic group of players he has cobbled together, who then don't work once he's left.

I could see why he wants McTominay. Could see him work in Italy similar to Loftus Cheek, just more in the goals side.

Status
Not open for further replies.