McTominay (Out) | announced - signed for Napoli

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he goes to Fulham or West Han he starts. No question.

He’d get game time but he’d be no guarantee to start. West Ham, in particular, are stacked in the position McTominay plays best.

He doesn’t start for most Premier League clubs if played as a deeper midfielder. A travesty that it took us so long to figure out that he was best further forward.

if you think he starts in WHU team you are deluded my friend.

Paqueta, Alvarez,Soucek, JWP all start ahead of him.

That's just shite, Soucek is miles off it now and most West Ham fans think JWP has been a poor signing

There is an article on the Athletic which states we are long standing admirers of him and it's well known Dyche is a big fan but we have no money left.
I can see that which also makes the Everton enquiry likely fabricated by the aggregator.

There seems to be more substance about the Napoli link but United will not loan him.

if you think he starts in WHU team you are deluded my friend.

Paqueta, Alvarez,Soucek, JWP all start ahead of him.
He'd probably start ahead of Soucek. They are quite similar players, in that they are both piss-poor at the basics of being a midfielder but they are quite good at some of the extra stuff that is good to have on top of that. Soucek had that one season where it all seemed to work for him, but I'd take Scott over him since then.

Napoli would be a great move for him. Way better than Galatasary.

They've been linked with Gilmour too.

They'll just ask for loan, with no obligation to buy, pay 0% of his wages. The Italian transfer policy.

There is serious underrating of McTominay here, if you exclude the top 6 as well as Aston Villa (Onana, McGinn, Ramsey, Tielemans) he starts for rest of PL teams, from Westham to Palace to Fulham to Brentford to Brighton, he is regular starter for Scotland and he has more than 170+ games in PL and appeared for United for more than 250 games.

I think clubs will make offers for him late in window to test the club's resolve, what might work for our club is if few bids come in and someone outbids them all with a fee that is close to the club's valuation.

There's no underrating of him at all. And there's no chance he regularly starts for West Ham or Palace as a midfielder. Or for Brighton. The only way he plays for these clubs is same as for us last season, as injury cover or in a forward Fellaini role.

It makes sense Fulham are in for him, because that's about the level where he might play more than sit on the bench.

Over the last 5 years

Goals
JWP has 39
McTurd 16

Assists
JWP has 27
McTurd 7

But but but…JWP gets more minutes

JWP is a goal every 421 mins
McTurd every 608 mins

JWP is an assist every 582 mins
McTurd every 1330 mins

But yeah…you must be right. JWP playing at lesser clubs, with the league numbers above, offers nothing

Might be time for a new sport.

Over the last 5 years

Goals
JWP has 39
McTurd 16

Assists
JWP has 27
McTurd 7

McTurd every 608 mins

McTurd every 1330 mins

But yeah…you must be right. JWP playing at lesser clubs, with the league numbers above, offers nothing

You seem far too mature and witty for this place.

Over the last 5 years

Goals
JWP has 39
McTurd 16

Assists
JWP has 27
McTurd 7

McTurd every 608 mins

McTurd every 1330 mins

Football is more than just who has the most goals. Ward Prowse was also the main man for Southampton, of course he is going to get more goals.

Osimhen will fetch them quite a decent chunk of change

Not so sure, Osimhen has an agreement he can go but his market is best described as frigid right now. Napoli want over 100M but they waited a season too long, instead of selling off the back of a Scudetto and 20+ goal season they are now trying to shop him after a distinctly poor campaign both for the club and the player himself. The only potential deal that seems to have any legs is with Chelsea and that seems to be entirely dependent upon Napoli agreeing to pay close to 40M for 31 year old Romelu Lukaku which they are understandably reluctant to do.

Napoli would be a great move for him. Way better than Galatasary.

They've been linked with Gilmour too.
Not for us though. They’ll offer a loan with an option to buy for €12m

sport-graphics-2007_702030a.jpg

I love the Serie A and had been following it since the Maradona/Van Basten period. but he's got a point. These days having italian clubs circling around your players is bad news. They tend to be amazing charmers who go straight to the player and have little money to back their ambitions. Their aim seems to be quite the same ie persuade the player to join them and then let them to do the fighting on their behalf so that the player

1- leaves on loan which most of the time is heavily staked in their favor
2- leave on a ridiculous fee
3- refuse any bid and then join them on a free

There is serious underrating of McTominay here, if you exclude the top 6 as well as Aston Villa (Onana, McGinn, Ramsey, Tielemans) he starts for rest of PL teams, from Westham to Palace to Fulham to Brentford to Brighton, he is regular starter for Scotland and he has more than 170+ games in PL and appeared for United for more than 250 games.

I think clubs will make offers for him late in window to test the club's resolve, what might work for our club is if few bids come in and someone outbids them all with a fee that is close to the club's valuation.
Be a decent signing for a club looking to finish in top half or push for europa/Conference league places in the premier league.. Other than that Scott is not going to get you winning premier leagues or champions leagues or consistently get top four.

if we can get 25 million for him has to go if it means we can get the Ugarte deal through. I don’t rate Scott to be good enough for a squad player for United. He’s extremely limited but would wish him all the best.

There's no underrating of him at all. And there's no chance he regularly starts for West Ham or Palace as a midfielder. Or for Brighton. The only way he plays for these clubs is same as for us last season, as injury cover or in a forward Fellaini role.

It makes sense Fulham are in for him, because that's about the level where he might play more than sit on the bench.
Do you think any current midfielders in Westham or Palace or Brighton that can start for us? I only have Paqueta, the rest don't start for us and don't suit us and if we signed any one of them you would complain about them as you are complaining about McTominay.

I am no fan of McTominay here, his weaknesses on the ball and off the ball as well makes him unsuitable for any top team that wants to dominate, basically your top 7 or top 8, but mid table teams like Westham or Palace will surely have him starting, perhaps not Brighton who I think play to dominate but for the rest of the mid table or lower table teams, he will definitely start for them especially if they play direct and counter-attacking football.

Again to reiterate I want him gone, but he is not so bad that he wouldn't start for any PL team as some folks are claiming here

I think its best for himself and for us a club that we part ways.
For him, off the back of a good goal scoring season I feel he needs to be a regular but unfortunately his general play isn't good enough for him to demand games for the standard we want to reach.
Its a shame because mentality wise, he very much reminds me of Darren Fletcher and I always got the impression he would run through a brick wall if the manager wanted him to. But there comes a point where we need more than that.
We need the cash, he needs the game time.

Do you think any current midfielders in Westham or Palace or Brighton that can start for us? I only have Paqueta, the rest don't start for us and don't suit us and if we signed any one of them you would complain about them as you are complaining about McTominay.

I am no fan of McTominay here, his weaknesses on the ball and off the ball as well makes him unsuitable for any top team that wants to dominate, basically your top 7 or top 8, but mid table teams like Westham or Palace will surely have him starting, perhaps not Brighton who I think play to dominate but for the rest of the mid table or lower table teams, he will definitely start for them especially if they play direct and counter-attacking football.

Again to reiterate I want him gone, but he is not so bad that he wouldn't start for any PL team as some folks are claiming here
Wharton starts for us

It's a shame Fulham haven't come back with a better offer for McTominay. They've thrown money around for Smith Rowe and made a £25+5m bid for Joachim Andersen but doesn't seem like they're willing to go there for McTominay.

I'm starting to worry we'll be stuck with him. A bit annoying because I would've thought McTominay should be one of the easier ones to shift after last season.

Football is more than just who has the most goals. Ward Prowse was also the main man for Southampton, of course he is going to get more goals.
Funny because McT's one-off high seasonal goal tally is the sole premise of McTeam that he is a top player and good enough for United.

He starts every week for both Fulham and WH. You seriously under rate him if you are being serious with this post.
Most definitely for Fulham. Not sure on West Ham. He’ll probably start for them no doubt as they’ll want a signing to go into their first team but I wouldn’t say he’s any better than paqueta or JWP.

Most definitely for Fulham. Not sure on West Ham. He’ll probably start for them no doubt as they’ll want a signing to go into their first team but I wouldn’t say he’s any better than paqueta or JWP.
Paqueta is on a different planet. We’re talking about a midfielder who doesn’t play with the ball.

Id happily have Baleba or Wharton over him to be honest. But I agree, he’ll easily get into most mid table teams starting 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.