McTominay (Out) | announced - signed for Napoli

Status
Not open for further replies.
As of now, Casemiro is the better DM, Wharton has potential but he will be found out playing for us.
What we require from our DM, is something that Casemiro is not capable of delivering. Covering A LOT of ground usually is a tough ask for washed midfielders. So Wharton is already a better player for us and that’s before we go through all of his other impressive qualities.

Do you think any current midfielders in Westham or Palace or Brighton that can start for us? I only have Paqueta, the rest don't start for us and don't suit us and if we signed any one of them you would complain about them as you are complaining about McTominay.

Wharton may well be starting for us in a few years. JWP, Paqueta, Soucek, Doucoure, Eze, Kamada etc are all better midfielders than McTominay, in whatever role. Doesn't mean I'd want them at United, except for Wharton and Eze, just as I dont want McTominay at United.

Even further down the table at Fulham and Wolves McTominay would/will struggle to start regularly as a holding or box-to-box midfielder. If Fulham sign him to replace Palhinha they are in for such a rude awakening.

Do you think any current midfielders in Westham or Palace or Brighton that can start for us? I only have Paqueta, the rest don't start for us and don't suit us and if we signed any one of them you would complain about them as you are complaining about McTominay.

I am no fan of McTominay here, his weaknesses on the ball and off the ball as well makes him unsuitable for any top team that wants to dominate, basically your top 7 or top 8, but mid table teams like Westham or Palace will surely have him starting, perhaps not Brighton who I think play to dominate but for the rest of the mid table or lower table teams, he will definitely start for them especially if they play direct and counter-attacking football.

Again to reiterate I want him gone, but he is not so bad that he wouldn't start for any PL team as some folks are claiming here

He’d be in and out of the team somewhere like West Ham and I don’t know if any Premier League team would be prepared to play him in the same way Scotland do week in week out. That’s his best role as a starter.

I’d imagine most clubs would see him as a utility player who could add a few goals and is also useful from the bench. That’s why teams value him and 15-20m and not 30m plus.

I could be way off the mark, but Scott McTominay making a move to Italy is one of the most unlikely scenarios I can ever envisage.

I could be way off the mark, but Scott McTominay making a move to Italy is one of the most unlikely scenarios I can ever envisage.

The pizza in Naples is god tier. Worth it for that alone.

if i was a professional footballer, id love the chance to spend a season or 2 somewhere like Naples. you only have to listen to micah richards reminisce about his stint at fiorentina.
they can always visit wherever they want in the world, but to be in these places as a local footballer cant be replicated.

if i was a professional footballer, id love the chance to spend a season or 2 somewhere like Naples. you only have to listen to micah richards reminisce about his stint at fiorentina.
they can always visit wherever they want in the world, but to be in these places as a local footballer cant be replicated.
It depends on if you want to win trophies. If you’ve won trophies then sure no harm. But if you haven’t you want to move to teams that give you a chance of winning.

The pizza in Naples is god tier. Worth it for that alone.
Every time I've been to Italy it's been the best place for food. I would say any footballer should move there for that reason, but I'm sure Mctominay can probably afford his own personal Italian chef in the North West of England.

I don’t see Napoli splashing 25m on McT of all players.. for Italian clubs that’s a decent amount of money.. unless Conte sees something we don’t in Scotty

Fulham offered 20m and we said no so we’re definitely expecting minimum 25m

Unless it’s an obligation to buy, I don’t get why we’re even entertaining any conversations with Napoli and wasting our time

Big Scott in Napoli. Now there is a transfer I would never have imagined

I think he'd do surprisingly well in Italy. If he wants to go, we should be looking to find a way to make it happen.

He's probably achieved everything he's going to here, 250 games won a couple of cups and going out with a FA cup final win.

I'm supportive of letting former youth team players go and build careers elsewhere if they want to, wouldn't want to hold him back for a small sum of money.

Shouldnt have rejected 20M, when there were no other serious suitors for him. Rookie mistake.

Might hurt short term but it was the right call.

We need to stop being pushovers in the market and that means putting your foot down and being tough, doesn’t matter how desperate you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.