McTominay (Out) | announced - signed for Napoli

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've convinced myself that we're happy to drag this and Ugarte's transfer till after the Fulham fixture for better fees, and more importantly, to avoid getting McTerminated this Friday.

The absolute comedy that anyone really thinks we're delaying a sale in case he lines up against us for Fulham in a few days!
You'd just write it into the contract or have it as "gentleman's" agreement if that isn't itself legal

The absolute comedy that anyone really thinks we're delaying a sale in case he lines up against us for Fulham in a few days!
You'd just write it into the contract or have it as "gentleman's" agreement if that isn't itself legal
It was tongue in cheek

Nothing in the article about Everton or Brentford.

The actual content reads like gossip which won't go anywhere, maybe Fulham will go back to him if they start the season badly.
Fulham won’t if they are looking for a #6. But if they sell Andreas then Scott is a taylor made replacement.

It's not a list of world beaters is it?

Does that matter, go back a couple of pages and people are shitting on him because of no interest, when clearly there is. No-one claims he is a world beater, he is an average PL player, but an average PL player is still a pretty good player and not the donkey many on here claim he is.

Can't be true, the lack of interest shows how shit he really is, or so the Cafe tells me.

Interest ≠ clubs being willing to pay the amount we value him at. I don’t think anyone’s ever seriously argued there’s zero interest for him. The point has typically been that there doesn’t seem to be much interest in him at the value we have placed on him.

How many bids have we actually received that are even in the ballpark of our valuation?

you’d like to think the new management team have informed him he won’t be getting much playing time this season

It's important that Harry, Victor and Scott be advised that they will not be playing much this season
You might like to think that, but I very much doubt that conversation has or will take place as Scott Is valued by EtH and very much in the managers plans. Given our MF options he might play more that you would expect.

He wouldn’t start for Coventry in the Championship? Talk about outing yourself as a talker of absolute pish straight away

You know I didn’t mean that literally. Maybe not because he is good but rather because he played for United and created a name for himself he obviously could start although cant see him starting for either Brighton, Fulham or even West Ham. How our standards have fallen and we are stuck with the old era and keep comparing him with O’shea knowing for a fact that football have totally changed.

I'm not his biggest fan but he has a good skill set that would benefit a certain level of team. I know people are anxious for him to leave but i don't think we should be shortchanged on this one. Easily worth north of 20 million for the goal threat and general nuisance factor.

You know I didn’t mean that literally. Maybe not because he is good but rather because he played for United and created a name for himself he obviously could start although cant see him starting for either Brighton, Fulham or even West Ham. How our standards have fallen and we are stuck with the old era and keep comparing him with O’shea knowing for a fact that football have totally changed.
He starts every week for both Fulham and WH. You seriously under rate him if you are being serious with this post.

I'm not his biggest fan but he has a good skill set that would benefit a certain level of team. I know people are anxious for him to leave but i don't think we should be shortchanged on this one. Easily worth north of 20 million for the goal threat and general nuisance factor.
I agree.. his replacement will be costly too so we need everything we can get for him otherwise just keep him..

Just like Erikson, he can be useful for the last 10-20 mins of games or even play a full 90 in one of the cup games.. he can play any of the 8/10/9 positions depending on who needs a rest..

Can't be true, the lack of interest shows how shit he really is, or so the Cafe tells me.
Well where are all the actual bids rather than BS paper talk then? Last year the rumour was that Newcastle were keen on him. That turned out to be made up nonsense. In spite of all the claims about how useful he is, valued squad player, regular goal scorer etc it seems no other clubs share that view or else they’d step in and snap him for the ‘bargain’ price of £25m or whatever figure we supposedly want for him.

If he goes to Fulham or West Han he starts. No question.

I am not happy with Italian clubs circling around McT. They have a reputation of promising players the moon only to then come forward with just a loan with right to buy and us having to pay half his salary

There is serious underrating of McTominay here, if you exclude the top 6 as well as Aston Villa (Onana, McGinn, Ramsey, Tielemans) he starts for rest of PL teams, from Westham to Palace to Fulham to Brentford to Brighton, he is regular starter for Scotland and he has more than 170+ games in PL and appeared for United for more than 250 games.

I think clubs will make offers for him late in window to test the club's resolve, what might work for our club is if few bids come in and someone outbids them all with a fee that is close to the club's valuation.

Nothing in the article about Everton or Brentford.

The actual content reads like gossip which won't go anywhere, maybe Fulham will go back to him if they start the season badly.

There is an article on the Athletic which states we are long standing admirers of him and it's well known Dyche is a big fan but we have no money left.

Paupers should stick to their own market.

sport-graphics-2007_702030a.jpg

There is serious underrating of McTominay here, if you exclude the top 6 as well as Aston Villa (Onana, McGinn, Ramsey, Tielemans) he starts for rest of PL teams, from Westham to Palace to Fulham to Brentford to Brighton, he is regular starter for Scotland and he has more than 170+ games in PL and appeared for United for more than 250 games.

I think clubs will make offers for him late in window to test the club's resolve, what might work for our club is if few bids come in and someone outbids them all with a fee that is close to the club's valuation.

Maybe im one of those who underated him. But i can't understand why Italian champions 22-23 Napoli are interested in him. Maybe im still living in 90's. :)

He starts every week for both Fulham and WH. You seriously under rate him if you are being serious with this post.

if you think he starts in WHU team you are deluded my friend.

Paqueta, Alvarez,Soucek, JWP all start ahead of him.

Maybe im one of those who underated him. But i can't understand why Italian champions 22-23 Napoli are interested in him. Maybe im still living in 90's. :)
doesn't matter, McTominay is not worldclass, but he has qualities that will interest other teams, for the way we want to play, he does not suite us which is normal and no slight on McTominay.

Status
Not open for further replies.