McTominay (Out) | announced - signed for Napoli

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we break the duck of not selling our squad and surplus players when they are worth something. I remember we/ole kept Lingard despite West Ham wanting him after his purple patch too, to our detriment

I don't think its a bizarre decision. INEOS have had a difficult start to Manchester United management. I think they have already given up trying to salvage anything from this transfer window. What does 20 mil do in terms of our needs? we won't buy any meaningful replacement with this sort of money.
It will open up the spending cap as it is coming in as pure profit for PSR reasons then it can actually save as down payment for two players worth £50m each, granted we won't get the 20m all at once but I am sure that once you have receivables of 20m you can work out a financing arrangement.

We overplayed our hand and forfeited the £20m we badly needed. We have again fecked up another season before it's even bagun. Our decline is punctuated by several steps of self sabotage.

Is he objectively the worst player to have made 250+ appearances for us?

And how far could you drop that number for it to still be true?

200+?
150+?
100+?

been saying this for a very very long time... by far the worst player. and id go as low as anyone who has played 100 games.

Technically has no attributes good enough to play for this club.

would really love to be proved wrong too .

It will open up the spending cap as it is coming in as pure profit for PSR reasons then it can actually save as down payment for two players worth £50m each, granted we won't get the 20m all at once but I am sure that once you have receivables of 20m you can work out a financing arrangement.

We overplayed our hand and forfeited the £20m we badly needed. We have again fecked up another season before it's even bagun. Our decline is punctuated by several steps of self sabotage.

As far as I know our constrain is purely cash flow related. I’ve read somewhere that psr wise we could spend up 200 mil this season

And i can't say the same about McTominay?

Some people are so weird :nono:
You said you'd sell him for 20 million. I said I expect the club to take a low offer for Eriksen. Very different statements. Odd you didn't notice how I didn't state how much I'd sell him for...

The most goals he's ever scored in a league season is 7, which he managed once. His next best tally was 4. And the most assists he's ever got in a league season is 1. This from a player who turns 28 years old this year.

I don't know what McTominay is worth, but if I was a Fulham fan I sure as shit wouldn't want us paying £40m for a "goalscorer" with that goalscoring record.
You can write these facts as many times as you can can but McT will always be labelled as some amazing goal-scoring midfielder. Same goes as "he gives everything" despite jogging around most of time.

Easily worth £40m? What goal scoring exploits and what versatility? Please explain.
“Easily worth £40m” but even though everyone knows we’re open to selling at around £30m….its all very strange that there isn’t one single club offering above £20m. Something doesn’t quite compute.

“Easily worth £40m” but even though everyone knows we’re open to selling at around £30m….its all very strange that there isn’t one single club offering above £20m. Something doesn’t quite compute.
Real headscratcher this is. Isn’t it? Why the clubs aren’t lining up with £30-40m bids for this PL proven goal scoring versatile midfielder? Where are all these clubs? Where are they?

Real headscratcher this is. Isn’t it? Why the clubs aren’t lining up with £30-40m bids for this PL proven goal scoring versatile midfielder? Where are all these clubs? Where are they?
Yep, at the end of the day your market value is only good as what a buying club is willing to pay for. McTominay I’m sure can do a job at some lower half side or even a mid table side, but he suits a more direct style of football & most teams have moved away from that. West Ham were interested last season, because he could’ve done alright for a Moyes side. Should’ve taken Fulham’s offer. With PSR rules that £20m would’ve freed up a bit of spend for us. Hopefully they come back with a couple of million more, but it’s not seeming likely at this point.

Yet I still expect him to be a prominent figure in the side when we're searching for goals.
Which probably sums up everything about the state of the team.
Yep because if we are reliant on a guy who scored a ‘massive’ 7 times in 32 appearances for us last season to get the goals then we will be very lucky to finish as high as 8th.

Trust the smart people we have hired, that's why none of you are DOFs negotiating deals. Anyone who thinks he isn't worth £40M is delusional. His benchmarks across midfielders in top 5 leagues:

99th percentile in scoring
90th touches (penalty box)
50th assists
86th aerial's
79th blocks
94th clearance

He scores more than most midfielders, passes average, dominates headers, positions himself well, and high amount of defensive actions.

His closest premier league comp? Well Sean Longstaff is a poor man's Mctominay. How much were we quoted? I believe £50M. Based on that £40M is steal.

Trust the smart people we have hired, that's why none of you are DOFs negotiating deals. Anyone who thinks he isn't worth £40M is delusional. His benchmarks across midfielders in top 5 leagues:

50th assists
86th aerial's
79th blocks
94th clearance

He scores more than most midfielders, passes average, dominates headers, positions himself well, and high amount of defensive actions.

His closest premier league comp? Well Sean Longstaff is a poor man's Mctominay. How much were we quoted? I believe £50M. Based on that £40M is steal.
thats arguable for a midfielder, most games he gets grief for hiding from the ball in midfield.

50th assists
86th aerial's
79th blocks
94th clearance

And yet for some bizarre reason literally no other team is prepared to pay even half of that valuation. Are you sure McTomminey is not actually a poor man’s Longstaff?

So with Fabio Carvalho going from Liverpool to Brentford for £27.5m inclusive of add ons, Fulham will receive 20% of profit above £5m.

Therefore Fulham now have enough budget to get McTominay deal across the line and close the gap between valuations.

I reckon this will be done after we play Fulham next Friday which also means McTominay won't play against us, so a win-win.

So with Fabio Carvalho going from Liverpool to Brentford for £27.5m inclusive of add ons, Fulham will receive 20% of profit above £5m.

Therefore Fulham now have enough budget to get McTominay deal across the line and close the gap between valuations.

I reckon this will be done after we play Fulham next Friday which also means McTominay won't play against us, so a win-win.
Got a boner reading that

This is why taking punts on young players on free transfers is always worth it. What a profit for pool.

No guarantee. If they've got more cash, they might consider if there's a higher calibre of player on the market. It happened last season with West Ham - they had the money, but our asking price made them look elsewhere in the higher price range.

Can only do one thing, and couldnt even do that today (couldnt even hit the ball). Hopefully Fulham comes back in, or we will be kicking ourselves for not getting those 20 millions.

Sell him for 25-30m pure profit.

No team will go higher due to PSR.

He is a 20 million player on ability alone.

He does rectify some value in being prolific from time to time but many have him overvalued.

He's a severely limited player, rejecting 20 million was a comical decision.

My only hope that he will be sold is that he is the only one who we can sell to get money for new midfielder.

Selling him is absolutely essential this window. Call Fulham back and take the £20 million.

Same story. When he doesnt score, he doesnt add much at all.

Think he actually detracts. Him not taking touches when he should have or having poor first touches in his first 10 mins after coming on was brutal for our attacking play

Running out of play today as well made it look like you've dropped me in that United team. Out of his depth on the ball and not of the requisite quality to take us forward.

INEOS have gotten rid of one limited player today, would be great if we can manage another at some point this month. I don't mind if his replacement is a bargain bin signing - as long as they can do a bit of actual midfield play.

Status
Not open for further replies.