McTominay (Out) | announced - signed for Napoli

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Lack of activity tells you how awful of a player other clubs think of him.

Even Athletico Madrid who like players that can hustle and scrape for thing aren't even interested in a telling sign...
Yeah exactly. If he’s so useful, such a great squad player, goal threat etc as we keep being told on here, why can literally no other clubs either here or in Europe see it? After all he is an international for Scotland no less.

Looks like Fulham aren’t coming back for him.

So much for the great INEOS clearance sale.

Why are we so fecking reluctant to just accept bids for trash players? 2nd summer window in a row we could have got rid of him and we’ve failed. It’s just so depressing.

This window is shocking. Can't wait for 3 or 4 years down the line and likes of Scott victor aaron jadon christian casemiro are gone. As long as we don't buy more low quality,journeymen/unmotivated players In meantime. I suppose even if we sign players we aren't successful in meantime, at least at lower wages they'll pish off when not wanted.

So we should have just taken any amount just to get rid? Same clowns would be saying ''we are bad at selling, he's worth more than that''.

So we should have just taken any amount just to get rid? Same clowns would be saying ''we are bad at selling, he's worth more than that''.
£20m was fair when we desperately need funds. It’s pure profit as well since he’s an academy product. We needed to sell him.

£20m was fair when we desperately need funds. It’s pure profit as well since he’s an academy product. We needed to sell him.

It just isn't. If the market is Smith Rowe and Conor Gallangher are going for 35 to 40mil anything below 25mil for Scott even with 1 year left is an insult.

It just isn't. If the market is Smith Rowe and Conor Gallangher are going for 35 to 40mil anything below 25mil for Scott even with 1 year left is an insult.
Well now we’re stuck with him unable to improve our own team. So we lose either way.

Fine, let us accept the insult so that we can rebuild the squad. I would rather have my honor destroyed with a strong squad than my honor intact with a weak squad.

Gallagher and Smith-Rowe are both much younger than McTominay so there is a potential of a high sale down the line for the two that McT doesn't provide because he is 28 this year.

Correct. He’s absolutely useless and other clubs know this. He’s good at crashing the box. Offers absolutely nothing otherwise.

Yeah offers great utility as a sort of subbed on auxiliary goal threat, but he's not going to start for any side looking to modernize themselves and his contract is running down. Both ESR and Gallagher are much younger and can fit into midfields better, but United fans see a couple of goals and think McT commands a 40m level price

He'll have turned 28 before the end of the year, he has 1 year left on his contract (albeit with the option to extend for another year), his best ever tally in the league is 7 goals (which he has managed once), and he has never got more than 1 assist in a league season.

I don't know what fair value for him is, but if I was a Fulham fan I certainly don't think I'd be that keen on dropping £30m on him.

And if I was in charge of United, I'd be very aware that we'll only get less for him next summer. Whatever we're being offered for him now, that's his peak remaining value.

I mean it's not, you lot just drastically overrate Scott McTominay's value as a footballer
Correct. He’s absolutely useless and other clubs know this. He’s good at crashing the box. Offers absolutely nothing otherwise.

He isn't useless or trash and no one is overrating him when you look at the market over last few years. I hate this sort of language he might not be United quality but hes a good PL player. He scored 10 goals from midfield last year as a squad player.

No it isn't. Scott Mctominay is a genuinely terrible footballer and its high time Red Cafe accepts this reality. He's not nearly as good as this echo chamber thinks he is.

Can’t we ever just be aggressive in the transfer market. Obviously we don’t know the full ins and outs of the Fulham bid, but if it was a fairly standard structure without ridiculous add-one or clauses, then we should have just accepted and moved on with our own business. Now what?

Well it’s now looking like a usual summer transfer window for united. But will it change a couple of bad results and will the usual panic buying begin.

He isn't useless or trash and no one is overrating him when you look at the market over last few years. I hate this sort of language he might not be United quality but hes a good PL player. He scored 10 goals from midfield last year as a squad player.

Fans do over rate him, he is a below average Premier League midfielder who is mostly a passenger. He has moments here and there but it’s easy to see why teams are reluctant to pay much for him.

I’d he went somewhere like Fulham, West Ham he’d likely end up as an impact sub and I think that’s why teams aren’t willing to splash out as they are not convinced he’s a regular starter for them.

No it isn't. Scott Mctominay is a genuinely terrible footballer and its high time Red Cafe accepts this reality. He's not nearly as good as this echo chamber thinks he is.
His goals were worth 15 points, and winning the quarter and semi final matches of the fa cup... He kept ETH in a job so that is against him, but to say he is terrible is plain stupid, he just isn't the footballer we want him to be,

Why not just accept the lower offer and move him on then? We’re stuck with too many players who aren’t United quality. I have nothing against Scott but if he’s still here next year and being used as anything other than an impact sub when we need a goal I’ll be frustrated.

I changed my mind on him last season. Not as desperate to see him go, and think he adds some value to us. Love how he cares for the club too. Eriksen and Casemiro are more expendable than him.

Smith Rowe is 24
Gallagher is 24
McTominay is 27
Age makes a huge difference to valuations.

Why not just accept the lower offer and move him on then? We’re stuck with too many players who aren’t United quality. I have nothing against Scott but if he’s still here next year and being used as anything other than an impact sub when we need a goal I’ll be frustrated.

Because he is still good PL quality no matter what others in this thread want to say. As someone above said he got us 15 points from his goals, for level he is at 25 to 30mil is good value. We shouldn't just sell for any old fee the other team wants us too. Everyone wants us to sell well and when it comes to it everyone just willing to roll over to take anything the other team offers.

ETH obviously wasn't in a rush to let him go and I can't really blame him, his goals helped to save his job last season. I don't think anyone is ever going to offer us 20m for him again though.

1. Last season is the only time he's ever hit double digit goals
2. I didn't say he was "useless", in fact I laid out exactly what his use is.
3. He's not good enough to start in any sort of midfield that looks to play in a modern or progressive manner
4. If he's not going to start, he's not worth 35-40m like the other examples you've referenced
5. He's going into his age 28 season, this isn't some younger player with a lot of time left on his contract

If you can find me another example of a super sub midfielder type player that went for 30-40m at the same age then I'll gladly reassess my opinion. But the market is telling you what he's worth and United fans are just screaming that every other club is wrong and our own player (who won't start for us) is worth more.

Because he is still good PL quality no matter what others in this thread want to say. As someone above said he got us 15 points from his goals, for level he is at 25 to 30mil is good value. We shouldn't just sell for any old fee the other team wants us too. Everyone wants us to sell well and when it comes to it everyone just willing to roll over to take anything the other team offers.
So keep him if we don’t get a good enough offer even if it restricts us from changing a side that finished with a negative goal difference last year? And then have even less bargaining power next year? If we had to lose one player I’d rather Casemiro but seemingly no one wants him. I reckon more people will moan about having McTominay in the starting line up next year than they will about taking five million less than we should have.

20 million was a gift, people are insane. ESR is miles better and people are comparing fees. Scotty is useless as a midfielder and we needed the money to start to pay for one.

Just greedy to haggle over 5 million for a player that is so limited. 20 million gets you a top young prospect from the world’s best academies. There won’t be offers beyond that.

As awful as he is at DM, I’d rather play him there than this current version of Casemiro.

If we can’t shift either of them (and therefore can’t afford another midfielder) I hope that’s what we go with otherwise we’ll have a rough season.

We should just cut our losses and let him go. We are making the same mistake as we did with lingard. Stuck with him for too long thinking someone will pay 35m for him when he was never that much.

Don’t think we want to sell him unless an offer we can’t refuse comes in. Every manager from Mourinho have all liked him

Gallagher is a lot younger and a better midfielder. Smith Rowes price was mad but Fulham were willing to pay it. They clearly aren't as interested in mct so we will be stuck with him again

20m is a low offer for McTominay.... the temptation is to let him go but we have to trust the new management to get the best deal for the club

we might need to have a tough summer to let teams know we are under different management and we won't be taken for a ride again in the market

this was never going to be a quick fix and if we are being run as a proper club we have to have boundaries in terms of the transfer market, contracts etc

Its still relatively early and he could and should still go I think

Status
Not open for further replies.