McTominay (Out) | announced - signed for Napoli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott has 1+1 year left on his contract.

20M is very cheap, you would expect to get that next year with 1 year on his contract or maybe a bit less.

It's not a fair offer tbh.
Hopefully we can come to an agreement whether it's 25-30mil. As a academy player, he's pure profit in the books and opens up the ability to sign Ugarate or de ligt

He was involved in 43 games last season, scored 10 Goals and 3 Assists. Worth 30m easily in today's market.

£25m + £5m in easy add ons we should accept. Our midfield needs trimming and he’s the only one we can raise any real funds from. In an ideal world we could get rid of Case. Promote Collyer, sign Rabiot and Ugarte.

I dont think we are going to get a higher bid than 23 million somehow.

We arent going to get it from a Turkish club and Fulham arent going to go as far as 28-30 million in any fashion.

23m seems alright to me for a squad player with one year left

Definitely close enough and I could see this being done for 25ish

23m seems alright to me for a squad player with one year left

Definitely close enough and I could see this being done for 25ish

Maybe include some add-ons and everyone can be happy.

I'd rather just keep him... unless he wants to move to be a regular starter.

If they’ve bid 23m then we should be looking to get a deal done, we need the money and can’t afford to haggle too much as our midfield is weak. We don’t need all these squad players when we have gaping holes in the starting eleven.

I'm guessing we'll probably end up agreeing a fee of around 27m or thereabouts. I can't see Fulham going to 30m.

Try and get 25M. I get we're hardballing but we also have to sell to sign more players.

If it wasn't Utd selling how much would McT be? £20m for a player that scored 10 goals last season and can "play" pretty much any position (yeah I know he does not excel in any) , seems very cheap, especially when we have no strength in depth, if we sell McT he will have to be replaced

I guess in an ideal circumstance, we get £25m which is pure profit, that gives us £125m amortised over 5 years, green lights the purchase and wages of De Ligt and Ugarte, and we promote Collyer to the 1st team bench.... seems like a deal too good to miss

however I reiterate last season McT's goals were worth 15 points and got us through the last 2 rounds of the FA cup, you could argue that he was our most valuable player last season on this basis, am not suggesting that he would reliably repeat this, that he truly is our MVP, or that it should rule out a sale, just that people here are willing to point out how useless McT is and that we should snatch at any deal just to get him out of the door, I would argue that selling McT is strategically very sensitive, and could be very negative unless properly planned

Honestly 23m is a piss take. I'm tired of the club being taken for mugs when selling. We should keep him unless an offer around 35m at least comes in.

McTominay is an extremely useful PL proven midfielder and international. He's not some random Championship midfielder...
That and he’s one of the very few players at the club not on stupid wages and fairly worth it to us in terms of what we get for what we pay. Ideally, of course I’d like to sell and move on/upgrade but agreed re the above. Always lowballing us. I’d say something like 27 + 3 in add ons is the minimum we should be getting.

If it wasn't Utd selling how much would McT be? £20m for a player that scored 10 goals last season and can "play" pretty much any position (yeah I know he does not excel in any) , seems very cheap, especially when we have no strength in depth, if we sell McT he will have to be replaced

I guess in an ideal circumstance, we get £25m which is pure profit, that gives us £125m amortised over 5 years, green lights the purchase and wages of De Ligt and Ugarte, and we promote Collyer to the 1st team bench.... seems like a deal too good to miss

however I reiterate last season McT's goals were worth 15 points and got us through the last 2 rounds of the FA cup, you could argue that he was our most valuable player last season on this basis, am not suggesting that he would reliably repeat this, that he truly is our MVP, or that it should rule out a sale, just that people here are willing to point out how useless McT is and that we should snatch at any deal just to get him out of the door, I would argue that selling McT is strategically very sensitive, and could be very negative unless properly planned

If he was playing at Villa or Brentford I think he'd be worth about 20-25m. Same as here. If he had a decent technical ability he'd be worth 40m upwards. But he doesn't.

A fair price probably would be £27M, but given how bad we are at negotiating, I think £20M (for us) would be a decent deal.

Seems like it getting closer to a fair price on both sides, We need to free up some headroom with PSR gives Fulham decent leverage but we can also use the ESR deal for comparison. Feels like a deal we would have done for 10m a few years ago so definitely stronger selling.

Guessing that we only sign zubimendi or Ugarte if we get 30m for McTominay. Likewise only signing de ligt or branthwaite if we sell Lindelof, mazraoui if we sell Wan Bissaka

Broke ass clubs won’t pay feck all unless it’s an unproven academy prospect

If he was playing at Villa or Brentford I think he'd be worth about 20-25m. Same as here. If he had a decent technical ability he'd be worth 40m upwards. But he doesn't.

He's not good enough technically to be upper PL quality but he's definitely good enough for mid to lower PL.

I'd happily keep him as a squad player cos he seems a good lad with a good attitude but also I'd accept anything over 20m as we can definitely improve on him.

We should accept 23m. People are not factoring he has one year left on his deal. He is not going to command a huge fee this summer.

His goals weren’t worth 15 points, it’s total nonsense and no idea how he is the one who got us through the last 2 FA Cup rounds. He played a part but he was also really poor the majority of times he played.

The vast majority of games he plays he is a passenger for long spells, that’s why teams aren’t queuing up to spend 30m on him, if he was a few years younger teams might expect some improvement but he turns 28 this year so he is what he is now.

Last edited:
Maybe I’m the only one still hung up on Ferdi, but if Fenerbache are interested I’d do a straight swap for him. Solves LB and RB with versatility to play winger/attacking mid and doesn’t come with the injury risk of Masraoui. Get Rabiot in on a free and then put AWB (and hopefully Lindelof) money towards getting De Ligt done. If we can do a loan with an option to buy for Ugarte also then we’re set.

Maybe I’m the only one still hung up on Ferdi, but if Fenerbache are interested I’d do a straight swap for him. Solves LB and RB with versatility to play winger/attacking mid and doesn’t come with the injury risk of Masraoui. Get Rabiot in on a free and then put AWB (and hopefully Lindelof) money towards getting De Ligt done. If we can do a loan with an option to buy for Ugarte also then we’re set.

Nope your not the only one who wants him, like I have said in Rabiot thread there's still not any noise from the top Utd sources or Romano

£25m + £5m in easy add ons we should accept. Our midfield needs trimming and he’s the only one we can raise any real funds from. In an ideal world we could get rid of Case. Promote Collyer, sign Rabiot and Ugarte.
that should easily get the job done for that price which that 25m goes straight into our profits and ability to purchase a couple new players

selling him and AWB are going to be KEY this summer to bring in multiple players

Are we not a little short in the central area if he is sold? Mainoo, Casemiro, Eriksen, Collyer for two places. I see Mount as a rather attacking player in our system.

McTominay has also been an attacking player in the system. I’d see Mount as his replacement.

Regardless of what happens with McTominay, we need at least one DM/CM

Status
Not open for further replies.