McTominay (Out) | announced - signed for Napoli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird galatasaray keep bidding. They’ve surely had assurances from his agent etc that he’d actually wanna go and play there

Levy can get fecked. Whatever spurs offer we should ask for 20 mill more. And then sell him for less to someone else.

Difficult one to evaluate honestly. I'd rather we sell Eriksen and Casemiro before McTominay, but It all depends on what selling McTominay will get us. Does the money from his sale, upgrade Amrabat to Ugarte? Does it mean we get Amrabat to go with Ugarte? Does it get us de Ligt? Does it get us a left back?

That said, anything below £20m should be rejected out of hand. Anything above £30m would be too good to refuse.

feck it, 25 it is then :lol:

Badly need outgoings and I don't want a repeat of last summer where we turned down okay offers only for that to be all we could get and wind up having to sell for even less the next summer

25 + a few mil in add-ons could be decent. Just don't do a deal below 25m.

I reckon so.
I hope so. I bought a lovely replica sharp 1993 shirt but I refuse to wear it if any of Anthony/Maguire/McTominey are on the field (literally take it off if one is subbed on).

I'm hoping with Yoro (sigh) and Amads form in preseason it might get worn at least a little this season.

I hope so. I bought a lovely replica sharp 1993 shirt but I refuse to wear it if any of Anthony/Maguire/McTominey are on the field (literally take it off if one is subbed on).

I'm hoping with Yoro (sigh) and Amads form in preseason it might get worn at least a little this season.
All three of the 1993 shirts were magnificent!

Bar possibly Sancho he is the only player we are going to get even a reasonable fee for....just sellhim. We screwedit last year, heis a good professional forthe club but that doesnt warrant still being here, weak in so many areas and doesnt really excel in any. Still bewildered thenumber of managers here sung his praises, never looked good enough and to think people on here were comparing him favourably to Rice pretty much beyond Covid.

And I know Levy is a nightmare but hell we need money, acceptthe biggest bid

He's a true red, and its never nice to to see them leave the club. He always gives his 110%, but just not good enough sadly, and we need funds.
Spot on for me. I hope he goes, but will always root for him to do well, similar to the likes of Pereira who was never good enough but always came across as really loving the club.

Quality over quantity. If he sell him and able to get Ugarte then we have improved in quality.

Not just quality, but profile. The squad needs an Ugarte type midfielder more than a McTominay type one.

Is it really a good idea to sell him?

Useful squad player, and knowing the inevitable fact that our entire fecking team is going to be injured for half the season we're almost definitely going to need him.

The main difference is that Bruno is a good player in general and the main creative force in our midfield. Scott does not have a role in our midfield because he isn't a defensive midfielder nor does he have the passing and ball retention skills to play as an 8 so we either use him as an impact player from the bench or we start him in a role he is not suited for and accept that we don't have a functional midfield. The crazy goal stats both for us and for Scotland basically cover the last 12 months of his career but prior to that he has been significantly less prolific and the body of evidence suggests he will regress as a goal threat.
What evidence? We haven't started next season yet. He kept his form through the Euros as well. Scotland were shite as we're most of the players but, he was still the biggest threat, when there was one.

How the feck Galatasaray keeps bidding lower than the bid we rejected Fulham? They are clowns.

Also, do not sell to Spurs. For them, minimum +10mil from the nearest bid.

We should only sell McT for 30mil. Reliable and solid PL player like McT these days go for 30 to 40 mil.

I'd take McTominay over Casemiro and Mount any day of the week. Get rid of those that *aren't* contributing before we get rid of someone who actually scores goals for the team and can play for 90 minutes at a high tempo that is also moving into his prime years.

Modern day Fletcher when it comes to the fans, honestly. Berated for years when he was actually doing us a solid. Just starting to get into the fans' good books and now we're selling him? Textbook Post-Fergie United.

While he is a model professional we are doing the right thing moving him on. There is no way in hell he is a regular starter in any other top side, we need to be aiming higher.

Levy can get fecked. Whatever spurs offer we should ask for 20 mill more. And then sell him for less to someone else.

If anything, we should sell to Spurs. Better for them to get their budget stuck with someone like Mctominay.

I'd take McTominay over Casemiro and Mount any day of the week. Get rid of those that *aren't* contributing before we get rid of someone who actually scores goals for the team and can play for 90 minutes at a high tempo that is also moving into his prime years.

Modern day Fletcher when it comes to the fans, honestly. Berated for years when he was actually doing us a solid. Just starting to get into the fans' good books and now we're selling him? Textbook Post-Fergie United.

He's nowhere near as good as Fletcher in my humble opinion. Also, Mount deserves a bit longer before judging. He certainly looks a good player, it is just a question of fitness.

He's nowhere near as good as Fletcher in my humble opinion. Also, Mount deserves a bit longer before judging. He certainly looks a good player, it is just a question of fitness.
I really do wanna give him more time but Mount excites and inspires me about as much as a thin slice of white bread that is walking the line between damp and wet.

God I hope he gets better but from what I've seen he's - for us, at least - about half as good as Scott. He might have more skill in certain areas but when the cards are down, I feel like Scott will lift the team while Mount will simply exist if you look hard enough.

I really do wanna give him more time but Mount excites and inspires me about as much as a thin slice of white bread that is walking the line between damp and wet.

God I hope he gets better but from what I've seen he's - for us, at least - about half as good as Scott. He might have more skill in certain areas but when the cards are down, I feel like Scott will lift the team while Mount will simply exist if you look hard enough.

I really struggle to think of a single thing that McTominay is better at than Mason Mount apart from avoiding injuries (and the ball)

Could you enlighten me?

user name checks out.
Are you basing your dismissal of Mount on what he's done/not done so far at United? Have you seen any highlight reels from his time at Chelsea? Mount is better than McT in every possible metric, and I like McT.

user name checks out.
Are you basing your dismissal of Mount on what he's done/not done so far at United? Have you seen any highlight reels from his time at Chelsea? Mount is better than McT in every possible metric, and I like McT.
"for us, at least" being very key here

I really struggle to think of a single thing that McTominay is better at than Mason Mount apart from avoiding injuries (and the ball)

Could you enlighten me?
Didn't stop running, didn't stop tackling, didn't stop communicating, hyped up the crowd, hyped up those around him, never gave up.

Also the small matter of scoring goals and actually making late runs into the area but who's counting.

"for us, at least" being very key here
You realize he played for Chelsea before us, don't you? And there are a plentitude of videos of him the year before he joined, you should watch at least one of them.

Mount had 27 goals and 23 assists in 129 league appearances for Chelsea.
McTominay had 19 goals and 4 assists in 176 league appearances for us, but who's counting.

Last edited:
Didn't stop running, didn't stop tackling, didn't stop communicating, hyped up the crowd, hyped up those around him, never gave up.

Also the small matter of scoring goals and actually making late runs into the area but who's counting.

So let's take out hyping up the crowd and things like that. Which is a silly metric.

Goalscoring: Throughout their top flight careers Mount has been a roughly 1 in 5 goalscorer. McTominay has been a roughly 1 I'm 8 goalscorer.

Tackling: Despite being a wildly more creative player and that not being his main role as it is McTominay's Mount throughout his career is a better tackler than McTominay.

In his time at Chelsea Mount made more tackles per game than MctTominay.

Here is something that may surprise you. Mount made more successful tackles per game than McTominay last season!

So again apart from availability. I'm curious. Being wildly more creative and a drastically better passer is a fun one.

So is Bruno, he’s classed as a midfielder. The point is he isn’t a forward, but can contribute with goals.
Bruno contributes a lot to midfield though. Scott didn't.

Also, based on this preseason we're going back to a 4231 so will only play one attacking midfielder. That's obviously going to be Bruno, so Scott will either drop dramatically in terms of gametime or we'll go back to playing him in a deeper role (or push Bruno deeper).

Status
Not open for further replies.